Christians In Dubai

Topic locked
Christians in Dubai Dec 13, 2005
Hello, what can you tell me about Christians in Dubai? How do you personally feel about them, and how is the Christian population generally treated.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
There are people from all faiths in Dubai! Makes no one any different from anyone else. There are churches here. Why should Christians be any different from Muslims or Hindus etc etc etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:There are people from all faiths in Dubai! Makes no one any different from anyone else. There are churches here. Why should Christians be any different from Muslims or Hindus etc etc etc.

Oh no not another debate!can u describe in oone word why there are same? :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
I'm not starting a debate Sniper, I just thought it was a really weird question to ask. As you know I don't give a monkeys what religion someone is, I see the person not their faith!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
There are Christian churches in Dubai, so Christians are free to practice their religion. If you come into the country with a crapload of religious books and materials they will assume you are here to convert people, which wouldn't be accepted.

No offence, but all of your questions posted today are covering some stereotypical ideas or misconceptions that many foreigners have of this part of the world before they do some background reading on their own. Perhaps you could find a book on Dubai, or the UAE to read more about its history and culture. One book I keep recommending to anyone who is moving here rather soon is the Dubai Explorer[/url]
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 13, 2005
yes, im ignorant aboit dubai
thats why im here
we are all ignorant about something...
but i strive to educate myself
so please excuse me if I offend you or anything
PEACE!
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
L_pevensie wrote:yes, im ignorant aboit dubai
thats why im here
PEACE!

not at all. U had every right to ask. Choco is just authoritative and imposes her mentality and ideas on others. Well I did see churches in Dubai. If you are new to Dubai better get a guide book like Explorer which kanelli posted it's really informative and can help you get the best out of Dubai. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:I'm not starting a debate Sniper, I just thought it was a really weird question to ask. As you know I don't give a monkeys what religion someone is, I see the person not their faith!

well the phrase "As you know I don't give a monkeys what religion someone is" seemed kinda funny. Yes why would anyone deliver a sermon to a monkey unless it's some wacko animal torturer? :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
"yes, im ignorant aboit dubai
thats why im here
PEACE!"

Please don't be defensive. I've been in the country only two weeks, but since I have experienced living somewhere else than my home country before, I know that reading up on the basics is a good idea. Also, there are many newcomers to this forum and if everyone asked the same questions without reading up on easy to find resources (like books or other webpages), or using the search function to see if the question has already been asked here - it will drive the locals on this forum crazy at some point. Just my opinion, you don't have to listen to me though. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 13, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I'm not starting a debate Sniper, I just thought it was a really weird question to ask. As you know I don't give a monkeys what religion someone is, I see the person not their faith!

well the phrase "As you know I don't give a monkeys what religion someone is" seemed kinda funny. Yes why would anyone deliver a sermon to a monkey unless it's some wacko animal torturer? :roll:

Or Michael Jackson!

And what view point am I supposed to be imposing Sniper, I simply said there were churches and christians, but so there are people of other religions here too, and the big deal is?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
thanks guys
I gues it comes with the territory :x lol :lol:

ok...I dont get out much
but maybe I can get a book on Dubai
its easier to ask you though :D
However, I can see why you would be frustrated
When I tell people I live in CA
they say ohhhh what stars have u seen
And I havent seen any
I live 2 hours from Hollywood but its a world away :D only been thereo nce at night for an amusement park..
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 14, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:
sniper420 wrote:

Or Michael Jackson!

And what view point am I supposed to be imposing Sniper, I simply said there were churches and christians, but so there are people of other religions here too, and the big deal is?

Some views are bold man, handsome hunk, fashion obessed punk, chevalier gentleman and some other "great" words in english dictionary...... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2005
You've gone off on one again. I just tell it like it is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 31, 2006
A silly question . Everyone is treated like any human being would have been treated in any other part of the world

regds
Sreedhar
sree
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums