What Do Christians Think About...

Topic locked
Mar 01, 2006
Then you have not studied Islam well enough....

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2006
ROM,
First let me congratulate you to have the courage to search for the right path.

Second, just and advice from a person half our age, please, don't search for the religion through the practicing of the people of such religion, but try to find the religion from the origins, weather Religious men who are modern and open for questioning everything, and through books that are checked by the religious authorities.

All muslims world wide belive in one god and Muhammed PBUH as his messanger and prophet, and as the Quran as the words of god, and so you find the main things are one across all countries and diversty of people, but you find alot of differences in the details.

So If you are really looking for the right path, check the root of it, check what came from God, not how people do it. you can have your own interpretation (in the things that god gave us the flexibility) of some practices and have your own way.

Anyway,
For me, if you bleive in that there is one and only god, have no companion, no son, no wife, it is a start. Read the Quran, talk with people of greater knowledge than us and most important, talk to people who converted, they should have been going through all the questions going in your head

Cheers
yshimy

Mar 01, 2006
Liban wrote:Then you have not studied Islam well enough....

And this advice is coming from a devout Muslim who has an Infant smoking Dope for an Avatar ?

Yeah, you're real convincing Liban !
I've smoked marijuana for 35+ years and I find your avatar offensive.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 01, 2006
Richard Owl Mirror wrote:

And this advice is coming from a devout Muslim who has an Infant smoking Dope for an Avatar ?

I find your tone towards Islam offensive.

If you cannot take a joke with my avatar then you have serious issues beyong your claim to want to understand Islam...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2006
Liban wrote:
Richard Owl Mirror wrote:

I find your tone towards Islam offensive.

If you cannot take a joke with my avatar then you have serious issues beyong your claim to want to understand Islam...

My tone ? I've heard that before, either I completely submit because you say your religion is perfect and the only true path or I'm wrong and attacking your religion simply beacuse I do not completely submit on the first occasion of coming into contact with the Quran.

Doesn't you're JOKE violate Islamic principles on it's face ?

Listen Liban, I can certainly LEARN about a subject without falling head over heels for the subject.
I understand the workings of God and the Spiritual kingdom that awaits us all.
I mention your Avatar because it is like speaking with a forked tongue coming from a so-called devout muslim.
In my life and my understanding, it is not an affront to God to utilize that which God created but, you promote that use by an infant which doesn't have freewill or choice yet.

I do not wish to argue with you but, I won't be told that I am wrong simply because I do not agree with your mode of life or personal beliefs.

I've been told many time, on this board as well as other places that I should look to the Quran for answers and not from a muslim.
That seems contradictory !
If muslims follow the Quran than their actions should be reflective of their understanding of the Quran, right?
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums