Boortz Said Muslims Are "sort Of Like Cockroaches,"

Topic locked
Boortz said Muslims are "sort of like cockroaches," Aug 18, 2007
Boortz said Muslims are "sort of like cockroaches," continued to attack "Media Myrmidons"
Summary: On his radio show, Neal Boortz claimed that because "Muslims don't eat during the day during Ramadan" and "fast during the day and eat at night," they are "sort of like cockroaches." Immediately following the remark, Boortz said, "I did that for Media Myrmidons" -- his term for Media Matters for America.
On the August 14 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, while discussing the alleged "Islamization of Western Europe," Neal Boortz claimed that because "Muslims don't eat during the day during Ramadan" and "fast during the day and eat at night," they are "sort of like cockroaches." Boortz was discussing reports that a group of government-run hospitals in Scotland had instructed employees to eat away from their desks during Ramadan so as not to offend their fasting Muslim colleagues. Immediately following the remark, Boortz said, "I did that for Media Myrmidons" -- his term for Media Matters for America -- and added, " 'Neal Boortz refers to Muslims as cockroaches.' Yeah, that'll be on Media Myrmidons."

Boortz went on to attack Media Matters President and CEO David Brock and said, "Those of you that are going to send that transcript to Media Myrmidons, don't forget to ask, you know, don't forget to ask David up there how's his girlfriend Hillary and George? How they're doing, you know? Hillary and George?" Boortz was apparently referring to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) and financier George Soros.

Media Matters has documented Boortz's past attacks on "Media Myrmidons," as well as his previous references to Brock as "the illegitimate bastard child of Hillary Clinton and George Soros."

The Georgia Association of Broadcasters awarded Boortz and his radio show the honors of "Best Radio On-Air Personality" and "Best Radio Program, Any Type" in 2007. Boortz is a nominee for the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame 2007 Career Achievement Award. Boortz's flagship station is WSB in Atlanta.

uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2007
Strange hey? Attacking Muslims seems fair game in America, but say anything about black people and you end your career.

Technically attacking Muslims isn't racist, because its not a race, but a religion. Still, all kind of other religions come under similar attacks such as 7th Day Adventists, Mormons, Born again Christians etc

Who the hell cares?! Freedom of speech means the freedom to share your opinion, even if it offends some people. You all have to do is switch the guy off, if you don't want to listen to him.

Ultimately, America gives Muslims much more freedom than the countries from which they came.
Al Jon
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 19, 2007
As far as bigoted remarks go, I've seen a lot worse, storm in a teacup when clearly he was trying to be funny, whether he acheived that is up to the reader/ listener.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 21, 2007
scot1870 wrote:As far as bigoted remarks go, I've seen a lot worse, storm in a teacup when clearly he was trying to be funny, whether he acheived that is up to the reader/ listener.
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2007
uaebadoo wrote:
scot1870 wrote:As far as bigoted remarks go, I've seen a lot worse, storm in a teacup when clearly he was trying to be funny, whether he acheived that is up to the reader/ listener.

Let him try to be funny about the Hollycaust
u will see how the whole world will jump on him
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2007
Al Jon wrote:Strange hey? Attacking Muslims seems fair game in America, but say anything about black people and you end your career.

Technically attacking Muslims isn't racist, because its not a race, but a religion. Still, all kind of other religions come under similar attacks such as 7th Day Adventists, Mormons, Born again Christians etc

Who the hell cares?! Freedom of speech means the freedom to share your opinion, even if it offends some people. You all have to do is switch the guy off, if you don't want to listen to him.

Ultimately, America gives Muslims much more freedom than the countries from which they came.

I totally agree with u
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2007
uaebadoo wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

Oh dear, you clearly lack any sense of perspective.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 22, 2007
In "AMERICA " Freedom of speech means the freedom to share your opinion.
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 22, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

Oh dear, you clearly lack any sense of perspective.

Thank you, I know this is a red line, no one is allowed to cross
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2007
satan-the-redeema wrote:In "AMERICA " Freedom of speech means the freedom to share your opinion.

so we must live like the AMERICANS ..if they say this is allowed under the freedom of speech no one allowed to protest?
why we should do what the US goverment wants us to do ..
freedom of speech u say ..how about the freedom of respecting my religion ..did any muslim said anything bad about the christians or the jews.
in my country not in USA ,we have a freedom of speech but without insulting or hurting other ppl feelings and believes.
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 25, 2007
naruto wrote:..did any muslim said anything bad about the christians or the jews.

:shock: No, never. Well, apart from the odd flag burning, death to all non-Muslims shindig, but that's all part of peaceful protest.

Please read the story that started this and work out what's going on instead of jumping on the bandwagon - it really isn't that offensive. I'm not condoning racism or bigotry, because the above comment doesn't fall in to any of those camps, it was a bad joke made off the cuff.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 26, 2007
lol iI remember studing A-Level History, and how the americans were so scared of the Communists. From the whole Cuba, Kennedys killing, to Vietnam. Americans at that time were scared of the commies, suspicious of EVERYONE. and this is happening to them again. this time with a religion that scares them SO MUCH. they are scared so much cos they know that after sept 11 so many native americans are converting. Troops who go to Iraq and afghanistan come back home and convert. Thats y they keep on attacking Islam just like they attacked Communisim, to spread the fear amongst people. Communisim died out cos it was a political movement, but Islam cant die out cos it is a religious movement and thats what Americans keep on 4getting.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2007
lol iI remember studing A-Level History, and how the americans were so scared of the Communists. From the whole Cuba, Kennedys killing, to Vietnam. Americans at that time were scared of the commies, suspicious of EVERYONE. and this is happening to them again. this time with a religion that scares them SO MUCH. they are scared so much cos they know that after sept 11 so many native americans are converting. Troops who go to Iraq and afghanistan come back home and convert. Thats y they keep on attacking Islam just like they attacked Communisim, to spread the fear amongst people. Communisim died out cos it was a political movement, but Islam cant die out cos it is a religious movement and thats what Americans keep on 4getting.

SO i say let the dogs bark about islam but go ignoring them cos you dont wanna stick ur finger in their mouth cos am sure the dogs will bite back ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2007
Why give 'shock jocks' the pleasure of rising to their jibes and giving them publicity?

The comment about cockroaches was intentionally provocative - but I can't bring myself to be bothered about it. What good will that do?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 27, 2007
when i was at university in the uk, i would watch the occasional muslim go into the quiet rooms and start praying. fine. do what u want, i do.

but in the article, about hospital staff asked to respect muslim ramadan, and eat elsewhere, well i have a saying...'tough sht'

respect the culture of the country you are in, not the country you are from.
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 30, 2007
Yes..respect the culture of the country you are in, not the country you are from just like a good Jew does

Ps The comment about cockroaches was intentionally provocative - .................but Oh so true! :lol:
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 31, 2007
rudeboy wrote:lol iI remember studing A-Level History, and how the americans were so scared of the Communists. From the whole Cuba, Kennedys killing, to Vietnam. Americans at that time were scared of the commies, suspicious of EVERYONE. and this is happening to them again. this time with a religion that scares them SO MUCH. they are scared so much cos they know that after sept 11 so many native americans are converting. Troops who go to Iraq and afghanistan come back home and convert. Thats y they keep on attacking Islam just like they attacked Communisim, to spread the fear amongst people. Communisim died out cos it was a political movement, but Islam cant die out cos it is a religious movement and thats what Americans keep on 4getting.

SO i say let the dogs bark about islam but go ignoring them cos you dont wanna stick ur finger in their mouth cos am sure the dogs will bite back ;)

That last sentence is the best policy - as difficult as it may be for some.

Why - because every time there is retaliation, threats of violent revenge, fatwa's issued, books burned etc etc - it plays right into the hands of the big plan and will always get prime time media coverage.

So what might that big plan be?

The plan of keeping up the illusion of the ultimate big fat lie - 'the war on terror'.

It reminds me very much of a similar situation that occurred in Europe. Only that time it was the Jews who were vilified. Shortly after the hate frenzy was stirred someone (who was bankrolled) tried to take over the whole of Europe and would have gone on for the Globe if they had not been stopped.

Funny enough the same people are involved again this time round. But the bush family are merely the ones suckling from the nipple.

So to summarize if we all keep propping up and establishing Spiritual and Physical boundaries with each other - East & West, Sunni & Shiite, Christian & Jew - we are all well and truly screwed.

Religion is unfortunately a great card to play in these matters. Nothing gets people more worked up then one God being better then the other.

Last of all think about this:

Vietnam, the cold war, Iraq, World War II - what happens around this time? Masses of weapons are sold.

Who lends (on an interest basis) the money to the governments to purchase these weapons? Federal and Central Banks.

So who stands to make a lot of money from War? Who is above even the governments of most the G8 nations? Federal and Central Banks.

Who owns the Federal and Central Banks? A few select people who keep popping up in history time after time.

The best thing we can all do is look at what is true and what is false.

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws." - Amschel Mayer Rothschild, Private Banker
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 01, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:
rudeboy wrote:Vietnam, the cold war, Iraq, World War II - what happens around this time? Masses of weapons are sold.

Who lends (on an interest basis) the money to the governments to purchase these weapons? Federal and Central Banks.

So who stands to make a lot of money from War? Who is above even the governments of most the G8 nations? Federal and Central Banks.

Who owns the Federal and Central Banks? A few select people who keep popping up in history time after time.

The best thing we can all do is look at what is true and what is false.

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws." - Amschel Mayer Rothschild, Private Banker

Britain was nearly bankrupt after WW2, its central bank sure as hell didn't have any cash. We loaned money from the States at ridiculously low rates, only paid it off about 10 years ago. The US lost a fortune on that loan but one of its allies was able to rise again because of it.

The Central Banks of most countries are government owned so your argument doesn't stand up.

As for the West's supposed "hatred" of Muslims, that's not a fair portrayal, they hate the idiots who threaten to kill anything that move, the majority of Muslims are not hated and form parts of Western society. Unlike here, immigrants can also become citizens of most nations too. Admittedly, some social barriers are going up but both sides are guilty of it, it's not just the West.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 01, 2007
scot1870 wrote:The Central Banks of most countries are government owned so your argument doesn't stand up.

I think you will find it does….

How about starting with the worlds most powerful? The Federal Bank of the USA which came into effect in 1913 as the Federal Act. This was signed by President Woodrow Wilson (who later expressed deep regret over this as the very thing that would ruin his great country and its constitution).

So lets start with the Fed’s own web site as source on ownership. They also have a few other interesting Q&A’s whilst we are there.

Who owns the Federal Reserve?

The Federal Reserve System is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution. Instead, it is an independent entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects.

Can you see any contradictions here? "The Federal Reserve System is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution", "it is an independent entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects"

So that’s much help – not ‘owned’ by anyone, and they are not a private profit making institution, yet they have private aspects? Sounds like double speak to me.

Let’s try to find out what the public aspects consist of. I have tried and failed to dig up the private aspects (as have many other people far more knowledgeable then me).

How is the Federal Reserve funded?

The Federal Reserve's income is derived primarily from the interest on U.S. government securities that it has acquired through open market operations. Other sources of income are the interest on foreign currency investments held by the System; fees received for services provided to depository institutions, such as check clearing, funds transfers, and automated clearinghouse operations; and interest on loans to depository institutions (the rate on which is the so-called discount rate). After paying its expenses, the Federal Reserve turns the rest of its earnings over to the U.S. Treasury.

So that sounds like any other private bank to me. They charge interest and they also charge fee’s for services rendered.

Still after claiming for expenses they turn the rest of it’s earnings over to the US treasury Department – note the use of words here – they turn the ‘rest’ of it’s earnings over, this does not include the profits outlined above nor the private aspects.

So the next question may be ‘Come on? Surely if they were this corrupted and powerful the government would put a stop to this?'

Well the last person who did try to stop the Federal Reserve from printing money and loaning it to the government ‘with interest’ was none other the president John F Kennedy. On June the 4th 1963 he signed a Presidential Decree (Order 11110).

He returned the power to print money to the US Treasury under the vision of re balancing the countries bullion stock to the legal tender and removing the ability for private banks to make interest off money loaned to the government and created literally from thin air.

After this the US treasury got to work and proceeded to print $4 billions worth of new notes which were issued as interest and dept-free currency. The name changed as well from ‘Federal Reserve Note’ to ‘United States Note’ as it had been in the first place.

However, unfortunately the change did not last long. He was assassinated on November 22, 1963 and the United States Notes he had issued were immediately taken out of circulation. Federal Reserve notes continued to reign and eventually all ‘United States Notes’ were out phased.

If you like can also outline how this came from the United Kingdom and is still a very much big part of the Bank of England and how a few elite individuals were involved and are still involved. Slowly, but without failure they moving towards a model of Global centralized banking. This is exactly what bush means when he talks of taking Democracy and Freedom to other countries.

Lastly here are some quotes from people who I believe are of the caliber and experience to be deemed qualified to listen to;

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States" -- Sen. Barry Goldwater (Rep. AR)

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President
[Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst
legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." --
Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." -- Congressman Charles A.
Lindbergh Sr. , 1913

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board asministers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

"The Federal Reserve bank buys government bonds without one penny..." -- Congressman
Wright Patman, Congressional Record, Sept 30, 1941

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". -- Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

"Some people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions.
They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people
of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers" -- Congressional
Record 12595-12603 -- Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the Committee on Banking and
Currency (12 years) June 10, 1932

"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs....I think the major cause is
that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices in doing something terrible and
unforgiveable to our wonderful country. Deep down in our heart, we know that we have given our
children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected." -- John
Danforth (R-Mo)

"These 12 corporations together cover the whole country and monopolize and use for private
gain every dollar of the public currency..." -- Mr. Crozier of Cincinnati, before Senate Banking and
Currency Committee - 1913

"The [Federal Reserve Act] as it stands seems to me to open the way to a vast inflation of the
currency... I do not like to think that any law can be passed that will make it possible to submerge
the gold standard in a flood of irredeemable paper currency." -- Henry Cabot Lodge Sr., 1913
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 03, 2007
satan-the-redeema wrote:Yes..respect the culture of the country you are in, not the country you are from just like a good Jew does

Ps The comment about cockroaches was intentionally provocative - .................but Oh so true! :lol:

we are cockroaches !!!!!!!!,u and ur group r pigs
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 03, 2007
satan-the-redeema wrote:In "AMERICA " Freedom of speech means the freedom to share your opinion.

watch the freedom of speech in AMERICA

uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 03, 2007
dave101 wrote:when i was at university in the uk, i would watch the occasional muslim go into the quiet rooms and start praying. fine. do what u want, i do.

but in the article, about hospital staff asked to respect muslim ramadan, and eat elsewhere, well i have a saying...'tough sht'

respect the culture of the country you are in, not the country you are from.

u said: they were asked to respect muslim ramadan, they were not forced, no western country would issue such a law and it is there right
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 06, 2007
uaebadoo wrote:
satan-the-redeema wrote:Yes..respect the culture of the country you are in, not the country you are from just like a good Jew does

The point from before I was trying to make that you have failed to grasp is that the original DJ quote was a similie, i.e. it's comparing the characteristics of one thing to another. I'm not up to date with Arabic language but like most languages I'm sure similie is a big part of it. The DJ's analogy was very crude, but as I said it's hardly the worst thing ever said. As for your comment, that's just pure racism.

As for the long discourse on the Federal Reserve, a bunch of quotes from nearly 100 years ago isn't exactly scientific. From my reading on politics, economics and business, the biggest worry is the stranglehold a relatively small number of corporations hold over the world economy, the central bank's power is not where you should hold your concern.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 06, 2007
he comment about cockroaches was intentionally provocative and very unfair to " cockroaches " :)
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 06, 2007
scot1870 wrote:As for the long discourse on the Federal Reserve, a bunch of quotes from nearly 100 years ago isn't exactly scientific. From my reading on politics, economics and business, the biggest worry is the stranglehold a relatively small number of corporations hold over the world economy, the central bank's power is not where you should hold your concern.

Scott - without some sort of real life proof, with all respect, your blowing hot air mate. You may be the best read man in the world when it comes to the subjects of politics, economics and business, but making a blanket statement with no real world proof holds no depth or weight for me. That rebuttal can hardly be deemed as scientific, can it now?

Claims are backed by Federal Reserves web site. As for the 10 congressman from 1913 - I can give you a list of present day statements coming from people of the same political height if you prefer - its been public knowledge for 94 years, yet most choose not to accept it and arrive at conclusions based on the blind faith of a flock of sheep.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 07, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

The point from before I was trying to make that you have failed to grasp is that the original DJ quote was a similie, i.e. it's comparing the characteristics of one thing to another. I'm not up to date with Arabic language but like most languages I'm sure similie is a big part of it. The DJ's analogy was very crude, but as I said it's hardly the worst thing ever said. As for your comment, that's just pure racism.

As for the long discourse on the Federal Reserve, a bunch of quotes from nearly 100 years ago isn't exactly scientific. From my reading on politics, economics and business, the biggest worry is the stranglehold a relatively small number of corporations hold over the world economy, the central bank's power is not where you should hold your concern.

u might be right scot, i respect ur opinion cuz might be true but my answer was to the idiot who is insisting to describe muslims as cockroaches with all the respect to u and jabbajabba
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 07, 2007
satan-the-redeema wrote:he comment about cockroaches was intentionally provocative and very unfair to " cockroaches " :)

uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 07, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:
scot1870 wrote:Claims are backed by Federal Reserves web site.

The website describes a bank that operates like any other national bank! There is nothing sinister about it. You seem to be arguing that by lending money to the US government they are making a mint, but if they borrow money to the government any excess after expenses goes straight back to the government, so they get a cheap loan. It's not like the FR can suddenly force the government to take a big loan and then give its directors 500% pay rises to live off.

As for prominent persons able to question it, well it shouldn't be hard as there are long lists of people lining up to criticise financial instutions and especially quasi-government ones (World Bank being a prime example). However, with the depth of media, public and government scrutiny on these insitutions much of the theoretical risk about what they can and can't do is nullified.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 08, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
jabbajabba wrote:
scot1870 wrote:Claims are backed by Federal Reserves web site.

The website describes a bank that operates like any other national bank! There is nothing sinister about it. You seem to be arguing that by lending money to the US government they are making a mint, but if they borrow money to the government any excess after expenses goes straight back to the government, so they get a cheap loan. It's not like the FR can suddenly force the government to take a big loan and then give its directors 500% pay rises to live off.

As for prominent persons able to question it, well it shouldn't be hard as there are long lists of people lining up to criticise financial instutions and especially quasi-government ones (World Bank being a prime example). However, with the depth of media, public and government scrutiny on these insitutions much of the theoretical risk about what they can and can't do is nullified.

I only wish I had the same level of trust. I could accept then that it is quite normal to face the prospect that the money you have today will be worth a third of its value in the future . That everyones right to own property will be under the premise that they pay double that value in interest. No one questions why it is how it is as we all accept and trust that surely the corporate media will expose any misgiving for us.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 08, 2007
Scott - rather then me hash on some more, here is one of a few documentaries on the subject that is valid and backed by facts;

Fiat Empire

This a lot more sober then the zeitgeists or alex jones of the worlds. Give it a spin and let me know your thoughts.

BR,
Jj
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums