Last night it was 27th Ramadan night in UAE & KSA and maybe in some other countries as well.
I didn't pray as usual, nor make many du3as, didn't read Qur'an or recite countlessly: "Allahumme inneke Afuwwun, tuhibbul afwe fe3afu anna"... I was thinking about Muslim Arab countries - that can be ibadah too!
“The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy.” (49:10)
Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries that have cut ties to Qatar issued a steep list of demands:
1. Curb diplomatic ties with Iran and close its diplomatic missions there. Expel members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard from Qatar and cut off any joint military cooperation with Iran. Only trade and commerce with Iran that complies with US and international sanctions will be permitted.
Solution: If those who are asking do the same as asked, then shall Qatar do it as well. If they didn’t close their diplomatic missions Qatar shall also not . Same for military issues.
2. Sever all ties to "terrorist organisations," specifically the Muslim Brotherhood, the Daesh militant group, Al Qaida, and Lebanon's Hezbollah. Formally declare those entities as terrorist groups.
Solution: Ties shall be cut indeed, but not declaring groups as terrorists, as terrorists are only those who do terror, not whole groups. There are everywhere peaceful individuals. Those extreme shall be named and declared as such. My country’s experience is: Leave the door open for individuals to leave groups.
3. Shut down Al Jazeera and its affiliate stations.
Solution: No need for shutting Muslim media, just use it wisely, without propaganda and ill talk about neighbours and Ummah in general.
4. Shut down news outlets that Qatar funds, directly and indirectly, including Arabi21, Rassd, Al Araby Al Jadeed and Middle East Eye.
Solution: Qatar should not fund news outlets that are made and controlled in other countries then their own, for being able to take responsibilities.
5. Immediately terminate the Turkish military presence currently in Qatar and end any joint military cooperation with Turkey inside of Qatar.
Solution: Pre-Islamic Arabs didn’t abandon those to whom they guaranteed protection and security. It is not wise and agreeable to ask that from Arab Muslims.
6. Stop all means of funding for individuals, groups or organizations that have been designated as terrorists by Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, the United States and other countries.
Solution: Stop funding such. If they are on The Right Path Allah will provide for them, leave them for the sake of peace and unity of Ummah.
7. Hand over "terrorist figures" and wanted individuals from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain to their countries of origin. Freeze their assets, and provide any desired information about their residency, movements and finances.
Solution: Pre-Islamic Arabs didn’t abandon those to whom they guaranteed protection and security. It is not wise to ask that from Arab Muslims. If they are real terrorists they should be prosecuted in front of law in Qatar.
8. End interference in sovereign countries' internal affairs. Stop granting citizenship to wanted nationals from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain. Revoke Qatari citizenship for existing nationals where such citizenship violates those countries' laws.
Solution: Not interfere in sovereign countries’ internal affairs, stop granting citizenships to wanted people. Don’t revoke Qatari citizenship to those who were given it earlier as it is not Arabic character to do so.
9. Stop all contacts with the political opposition in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain. Hand over all files detailing Qatar's prior contacts with and support for those opposition groups.
Solution: Indeed stop such contacts, but leave past to the past. What was before should be forgotten and not repeated again. Put trust in Allah for everything.
10. Pay reparations and compensation for loss of life and other, financial losses caused by Qatar's policies in recent years. The sum will be determined in coordination with Qatar.
Solution: This shall be agreeable for all sides, as lives has no price. Better to settle things on this Dunya then on Hereafter.
11. Align itself with the other Gulf and Arab countries militarily, politically, socially and economically, as well as on economic matters, in line with an agreement reached with Saudi Arabia in 2014.
Solution: Agreements must be respected indeed!
12. Agree to all the demands within 10 days of it being submitted to Qatar, or the list becomes invalid. The document doesn't specify what the countries will do if Qatar refuses to comply.
Solution: To late for anything then. Why insisting on list that is no more valid. Make it valid or just forget it and talk to each other.
13. Consent to monthly audits for the first year after agreeing to the demands, then once per quarter during the second year. For the following 10 years, Qatar would be monitored annually for compliance.
Solution: Muslims should never cheat on each other. But when trust is broken then it needs time to be established again. Just wish to others what you wish for yourself. Don’t hurt others, don’t betray them, don’t lie to them, don’t work against them, don’t be Munafiqs but brothers. Audits shall be allowed partially as it is needed to gain trust again between parties.
P.S. Can we expand blessings of Laylatul Qadr into our daily lives and politics? Can we get closer and avoid partiality in the name of Ummah's unity? Can we trust each other again? Can we untie ourselves, after this Ramadan, instead of Shaytaans?
Teqabelellahu minna wa minkum we barekellaahu lena we lekum! EID MUBAREK INSHAALLAH. KULLU AAMIN WA ANTUM BI KHAIR! <3 <3 <3