Pedophelia In Iran

Topic locked
Re: pedophelia in Iran Mar 20, 2012
This article is a Translation by Siavosh Jalili for Persian2English of an article written by Farshid Yazdani, a member of the Association for the Defense of Children’s Rights. He (not me, not hydemeyass) has raised the flag on the increasing rate of the marriage of girls under the age of 10 in Iran. He stated that in 2009, 449 girls under the age of 10 were married off. The number increased to 716 cases in 2011.
Anyways, whys is this so surprising, should i remind you that In Islam, Muhammad is the supreme example of conduct (cf. Qur'an 33:21). Thus he is exemplary even in his marriage to a 6 year old child: Muslims take this seriously and imitate Muhammad in this. Article 1041 of the Civil Code of the Islamic Republic of Iran states that girls can be engaged before the age of nine, and married at nine: "Marriage before puberty (nine full lunar years for girls) is prohibited. Marriage contracted before reaching puberty with the permission of the guardian is valid provided that the interests of the ward are duly observed."

The Ayatollah Khomeini himself married a ten-year-old girl when he was twenty-eight. Khomeini called marriage to a prepubescent girl "a divine blessing," and advised the faithful: "Do your best to ensure that your daughters do not see their first blood in your house."

herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Pedophelia In Iran Mar 20, 2012
Shaf will just laugh at it herve, that's the kind of 'guy' he is.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I will only laugh after herve realises how foolish he is going to look when he looks up what article 1041 actually says.

Here is a link to the civil code:
http://www.alaviandassociates.com/docum ... ilcode.pdf

So this is one fact you've got wrong already. And in any case, Mel has confirmed what the minimum age is - did you miss her post?

Please show me where this 716 cases allegedly comes from. The hidemyass article says it is from official sources, please try and track it down.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

What part of article 1041 which says that ""Marriage contracted before reaching puberty with the permission of the guardian and on condition of taking into consideration the ward's interest is proper" ""you did not understand.

I know English is not your maternal language, but you do understand the wording : IS PROPER, right? it means that if the Guardian (parent, father, relative) of the little girl allows it , iranian law permits to marry a nine year old child.

--- Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 pm ---

But again, why telling the truth is infuriating you, you go by the book and worship the cult of man who married a 6 old little girl, namely muhammad in the quran.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Thanks for the brilliant smackdown herve.

Article 1210 - No one, when reaching the age of majority, can be treated as under disability in respect of insanity or immaturity unless his immaturity or insanity is proved.
Note 1 - the age of majority for boys is fifteen lunar years and for girls nine lunar years.

We see from the above quote that nine year old girls are considered adults in Iran. That would apparently make them adults in criminal cases and marriage.

http://www.law.yale.edu/rcw/rcw/.../ira ... l_code.doc
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Exactly EH, girls in iran reach majority at age 9, as said in article 1210.

Whenever they reach puberty after the age of 9 is not relevant, since iranian law (article 1041 as brought up by al shafique) permits marriage of a little girl, 9 nine years old and up, even before they reached puberty, as long as the legal guardian allows it.

There is no way around this fact, it is indisputable and cristal clear, iranian law and the quran allow and condone pedophelia, period.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Well as a girl who grew up in Iran I have to reemphasize that we don't get married at 9! I'm not going to get involved in your pointless links and arguements.

All religions suck, get over it and get a life!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

May be not you Melika, but 716 did in 2011, ...interesting that you find pointless 716 little girls forced into marriage...interesting
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

More interesting is you being soo obsessed with us and any negative comment that you can make.

I dont see you or your gang in a position of a human right activist.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Pedophelia In Iran Mar 21, 2012
melika969 wrote:This is way too funny to comment on, just for the record, EH the Farsi text you quoted has nothing to do with this subject! Also this text is full of ancient words that even I can not fully understand it! I have no idea why you posting such a long text that you have no clue about! LOL

Didn't you know that EH is an expert? :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Didn't you know that EH is an expert

Well he's obviously very intelligent.
Bethsmum

melika969 wrote:More interesting is you being soo obsessed with us and any negative comment that you can make.

I dont see you or your gang in a position of a human right activist.
Yes, well, on the other end of the spectrum, one member seems more interested in covering up or discrediting the story.

At least herve is raising awareness to what's going on.

What's wrong with that?
event horizon

Re: Pedophelia In Iran Aug 27, 2012
event horizon wrote:Thanks for the brilliant smackdown herve.

Article 1210 - No one, when reaching the age of majority, can be treated as under disability in respect of insanity or immaturity unless his immaturity or insanity is proved.
Note 1 - the age of majority for boys is fifteen lunar years and for girls nine lunar years.

We see from the above quote that nine year old girls are considered adults in Iran. That would apparently make them adults in criminal cases and marriage.

http://www.law.yale.edu/rcw/rcw/.../ira ... l_code.doc

Good to see ownage. It's a shame religious laws and texts are used to justify crimes against children.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Pedophelia In Iran Aug 27, 2012
And sad to see even after getting banned ( or can't you see that big red BANNED under your previous incarnation right above your post ), you can't stop help yourself trolling the forum. Shameless and pathetic doesn't even begin to describe you.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk