For folks like Berrin who love the states like current Iran
http://www.holycrime.com/

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Iran Jun 20, 2010
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I dunno why. I've had Iranian friends all my life and heard about all this crap from them 1st hand but somehow never registered with me what true mofo the regieme is there. They hang more people than there is laundry in Karamas balcony on a friday evening.

And not even a humane and quick execution. Just tie them to cranes and let them suffocate and die a long painfull and cruel death. What animals.

I am seriously outraged !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:For folks like Berrin who love the states like current Iran
http://www.holycrime.com/

WTF???? This loon seems to think that the revolution by Ayatollah Khomeini against the Shah was instigated and backed by the British government????? How delusional is this idiot?

Iran was a progressive, forward thinking, increasingly rich country under the Shah. He was a friend of democracy and needed to keep the loonies under control with a firm hand. In the last years of his reign, he was not a well man (I seem to recall he died of cancer shortly after the revolution) and the control slipped from his fingers, allowing the radical religious nutters to take control.

The writer is obviously one of them...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Now Shaf will come in and tell somethin about Mosadeq and against Shah! :lol: :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Iran Jun 21, 2010
Yeah thats berrin like thinking, if its good its ours, if its bad its there. But the brutality speaks for itself
desertdudeshj

Hey - don't get me wrong, I'm not a particular fan of the regime - I just hate white washing and propaganda.

There are real things to criticise the Iranian government over without having to invent spin such as Iran wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map (or that the British are behind the revolution). I think the author is an 'Uncle Napoleon' ;)

I particularly don't like the 'axis of evil' and 'clash of civilisations' rhetoric for a nation that hasn't actually invaded another country for centuries, had advanced civilisation when those criticising it were living in mud huts and in the 20th century showed utmost restraint when war was waged against it, and when atrocities such as their airline being shot down by the US happened, for example.

I view those who view the Shah's regime as a benign utopia in the same light as those who now think Maggie Thatcher was the best thing since sliced bread for the UK, or Pinochet was great for Argentina or that the other Juntas in South America were great because the rich threw great parties and made passable impressions of Paris and London for the few who could enjoy it.

The Shah did indeed throw great parties, did have flashes of nationalist brilliance (when he finally nationalised the oil industries), but his cruel practices as he clung on to power (especially his Savak thugs) meant his people had to stage a revolution and choose a lesser of two evils (as some will have it).

So, yes all these brutal photos and descriptions are abhorrent and are condemned by me. But let's not forget that the revolutionary guards etc are using the same torture chambers etc that the Shah used, and how many people just disappeared instead of being hanged etc. Two wrongs don't make a right - but white washing the Shah's era is also an injustice.

Also, let's all be honest for once.

If Iran succumbed to the pressure to allow gas pipelines etc and was as subservient as Kuwait and Saudi (who have more brutal regimes by most measures), then there would be no problems in the media and those speaking out against the Mullahs will be viewed with the same intensity as all the Saudi 'dissidents' writing their hearts out in Europe (because they can't survive in their homeland).

[steps off soap box]
:?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dubai Knight wrote:Iran was a progressive, forward thinking, increasingly rich country under the Shah. He was a friend of democracy.

Very interesting. It looks rather like British or Sweden than Persian monarchy. :wink:

Something from wikipedia:

However, by 1975, he abolished the multi-party system of government so that he could rule through a one-party state under the Rastakhiz (Resurrection) Party in autocratic fashion. All Iranians were pressured to join in. The Shah’s own words on its justification was; “We must straighten out Iranians’ ranks. To do so, we divide them into two categories: those who believe in Monarchy, the constitution and the Six Bahman Revolution and those who don’t.... A person who does not enter the new political party and does not believe in the three cardinal principles will have only two choices. He is either an individual who belongs to an illegal organization, or is related to the outlawed Tudeh Party, or in other words a traitor. Such an individual belongs to an Iranian prison, or if he desires he can leave the country tomorrow, without even paying exit fees; he can go anywhere he likes, because he is not Iranian, he has no nation, and his activities are illegal and punishable according to the law”. In addition, the Shah had decreed that all Iranian citizens and the few remaining political parties must become part of Rastakhiz.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Talking of Sweden, there's also the infamous quote of the Shah:

In 1961 he defended his autocractic rule, saying `when Iranians learn to behave like Swedes, I will behave like the King of Sweden.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

He-he. You got it right!
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

[quote="desertdudeshj"]For folks like Berrin who love the states like current Iran

Don't blame me dude blame international terror,politics and it's influence on iran or on iranian people..I'd like to believe that those clerics know the name of the game played inside iran, since Iran has thousands of years of traidition of being a state..

Take the word iraq out and put the word Iran in..

The Mecca Declaration
On Saturday, 21 October 2006, an initiative of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) brought together prominent Muslim Sunni and Shiite clerics from Iraq and eight other Muslim countries to discuss and approve a declaration demanding an end to sectarian feuds in Iraq. The proceedings were broadcast on al-Jazeera. They were signing this with the backdrop of a large picture window looking over the Kaaba in the Great Mosque in Mecca as hundreds of thousands circled about it. It was really quite moving. Although the U.S. and Western media have largely ignored this event, it got a lot of press in the region, and many political and religious leaders have given their support to it.

The declaration (attached) categorically states that bloodshed motivated by sectarian considerations is haram (forbidden) and its perpetrators regarded as individuals waging war on Islam as a whole. The Makkah gathering represents the first major effort by Sunnis and Shiites towards the mutual recognition of one another as acceptable versions of the same faith, since 1947.

For more on this, see:
http://gulfnews.com/opinion/columns/reg ... 77261.html

Edited : Warned you about posting such looooong cut and pastes
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

And what has this got to do with anything ?

And why should I subsitute Iraq with Iran ???
desertdudeshj

[quote="desertdudeshj"]And what has this got to do with anything ?

To understand that you need to do much more reading on politics..
But I doubt that someone who cannot stand my long articles could ever achieve that and understand what I am saying

And why should I subsitute Iraq with Iran ???
You should not only substitute iran but Turkey as well, to understand grater interests of Israel in the region and how they manage to destabilise and manipulate the whole region..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

You know what, although I've heard about it and all today was the first time I saw the actual video of the shooting

This is heart breaking to say the least and I would be a liar if i said i don't have a tear in my eye by the end of it. Although Mel I and have never seen eye to eye on the religious level for some odd reason I have gained respect for her on a different level. For going through and living under such oppresion and not totally loosing her mind.

I would also like to thank her for bring the plight of Iranian people here. I'll be honest before this I always thought yeah ok the govt is a bit cuckoo, but they deserve credit for flipping the bird to the rest of the world and doing whatever the fcuk they wanna.

I have been looking a lot into about this country in the last few weeks and the stuff that goes on there. The atrocities the human rights violations and the more I read and watch the more sickend I am. And what ticks me off even more and I know mel wont agree with me on this and like I said before I dont blame her or the hundreds of thousands Iranians is that they do this all in the name of Islam, and nothing what these animals do is even closely Islamic or related to the religon. Like others they have used the guise of Islam to further their own political ambition and greed and with great cost to the civilian population.

Vive le Peuple Iranien and may god rid them of this disease
desertdudeshj

Dont just blame the iranian clerick... in the neigbouring country Turkey they have been doing these assasinations,shooting people ruthlessly, hanging prime ministers and their cabinets, cousing clashes between between far right nationalist, far left atheist groups and muslim believers,not for the last 30 years but for the last 60 years.. Did you hear anything in the news as bad as you hear about iran? The aliens,the west created such a systems that the "so-called" democracy fed itself only from bood sheding, to couse to break between it's citizens, depriving them from their very basic human rights.. Now you would think that just becouse Turkey wasn't an islamic state and they were not led by clerics, they were all democrats.. would you? You make mistakes,,, huge mistakes, mate...
The only people who could stop it and bring the country back into its right track was ironicly the people who were blamed to be "radical islamist" in the west!..I wonder if that means anything to you...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

What are you on about man ? and again whats Turkey got to do with a thread titled Iran. You start a thread about Turkey and Iraq and I'll see if I have something to say about that. I know you have got your own little anti west agenda and I'm no fan of the so called "west" either, but nobody is discussing that now. Like I said this is about Iran and not what happened and who did what, pointing fingers and each others and all that sh1t, but its who's doing it and doing it right now.

Why do you have to dilute every topic with the same old rhetoric and swing away from what is being discussed. Obviously you have nothing to say in this topic as you clearly sided yourself with the mullahcracy in the other thread.

P.S : Please try to focus and stay on topic
desertdudeshj

Berrin!!!! Did you not see the title of the thread?!?!?!? It's IRAN. Not Turkey!!! And don't compare Turkey to IRAN. Actually there aren't too many countries that you can compare to Iran.

I have had the pleasure to meet Mel and to listen to her talk. Her love of Iran as a country is intense. When she says she hates Islam I believe its not Islam itself - but Iran's version of Islam - the way it is used to suppress people, to justify the taking of innocent lives - of people who want freedom - people who never experienced it, but can taste it.

You Berrin live in a "free" society. You don't have to fight for freedom as you already enjoy it. Freedom is a right - not a gift!!!! Mel is the future of Iran and there are so many many more like her, but she has the courage to find a voice. It is not only women who are rising up against the suppression of freedom, but men as well. Berrin, if you had more of an open mind and were in Iran, I don't think you would find the courage or strength to take a stand.

If Mel has enlightened just one person on this forum as to what is happening in Iran, then she has accomplished something and it seems that she has opened DDs mind to explore what she has been saying. The evil that rules Iran has access to the world by means of press and the only press they give is regarding the nuclear issues. Mel and her like-minded countrymen don't have a public voice. They don't have a public stage. They live under the fear of death should they be vocal. They live under the fear of jail or death if reported to the police. But because they believe in the fight for freedom they find ways to get the atrocities of the Iranian goverment out to the free world.

For Iranians like Mel, the only way to educate the free world is to leave their country and family. Even in the free world they can't be completely free for if their identity is known, their family may very well suffer at the hands of the Iranian government.

So as far as Mel is concerned, show some respect!!!!

-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:57 pm --

DD, you may be interested in watch the movie "The Stoning of Soraya M". In Persian with English subtitles. Based on a book written by the reporter who was part of the (true) story. Possibly the DVD Lady has it or you can ask her to get it. A must watch. Heatbreaking and enlightening at the same time.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Did I tell you people, I think I did about the story of this young Iranian lady one of my friend was buying a jeep from ?

It turned out the car was in her dad's name and we sat down and a good long chat at the RTA in barsha. He told us how they had a couple of big factories in southern Iran, family wealth, land and fortune. Although looked like they were doing pretty well here also. Owned a nice apt in the greens, nice cars, well dressed etc etc.

So I asked the old gentleman what was he doing here then ? He said he sold and packed up everything and came here. I asked him why ? He said he could not live in Iran anymore and could not let his kids grow up there. Then he went on to talk about basicaly what has already been said here. Without my asking or prompting he said fi you go ask the youth of Iran 99.9% of them will tell you they hate Islam ( or as BB quite aptly put it, Iran's version of it. Although they might not know the difference ) and why because everything wrong with their life and country is associated with it.

They have seen it bring nothing but death, destruction, oppression, no freedom or rights. Like I said before, I can't say with certainty that I would not think the same way if I grew up in the same conditions. Who knows.

Officially 388 people were executed in Iran in 2009. That's more than 1 per day, and have you seen how they cruelly do that by strangling the victim from a crane until he dies from asphyxiation ! Even a regular hanging is more human. And for stupid charges like crimes against chastity. You gotta be fcuking kidding me and I wish you was. Read or look up Atefah Sahaaleh in neka a 16 yr old who was hanged in public for basically talking back to the judge who later said he had not executed her but her sharp tongue.

What is wrong with you people
desertdudeshj

Note around 1.42 - Abbas Milani's praise to women!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast ... l?hpt=Sbin

GO GREEN!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Wow! I am so flattered by your kinds regards DD and Bora.

And i'm happy if I managed to paint an image of what is really going on here, as a young perosn living in Iran.

U said it all, have nothing to add, but if u wanna see what really happened in Iran to people during the last 30 years, I would recommend "perspolis" movie too.

Thanks again! I'm happy! :) :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well, for all our differences on religion and history, you also have my best wishes too Mel. I was on the side of the protestors this time last year - and still am abhorred at what is being reported.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thanks Shaf, I appreciate your support :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I've already seen persopolis long time back, but again didn't register. Wrote if off as something that had happened during the turbulent regime change days.
desertdudeshj

^^^It gives a good sight of those days u know, but that s not all...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk