Brievik: 'Christian Fundamentalist' Terrorist

Topic locked
Brievik: 'Christian Fundamentalist' Terrorist Jul 25, 2011
This commentator summed up the situation quite nicely:

"What needs to be done in the West is acknowledge that domestic far-right extremism is as dangerous to society as Islamic extremism."

A Police official in Norway stated that the terrorist is a Christian Fundamentalist:
"We are not sure whether he was alone or had help," a police official, Roger Andresen, said at a televised news conference on Saturday, after police had laid charges against Anders Behring Breivik for both the bombing and the shooting rampage at a youth camp in which 92 people were killed. "What we know is that he is right-wing and a Christian fundamentalist."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 ... emist.html

And this article from AP gives more details about him.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 ... ofile.html

Shocking stuff.

Let's see what he says at his hearing today.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Brievik: 'Christian Fundamentalist' Terrorist Jul 25, 2011
Religious: I went from moderately to agnostic to moderately religious
(…)
Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I’m not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic. However, I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe.”

In many ways, our modern societies and European secularism is a result of European Christendom and the enlightenment. It is therefore essential to understand the difference between a “Christian fundamentalist theocracy” (everything we do not want) and a secular European society based on our Christian cultural heritage (what we do want).

I see the spin is already in overdrive on this one. Strange that you would start a thread rather than address Anders' own words on the other thread.

Your first article also quotes from his manifesto:

At one point he talks about "no-go" areas in Oslo where non-Muslims are beaten up and harassed by Islamic gangs. He then goes on to call Muslims, Nazis and Marxists (by which he seems to mean the ruling Labour Party) "hate ideologies."

:shock:
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I guess the loons think they know better than the policeman quoted. Sigh.

Anyway - he's a right wing Christian terrorist that you guys agree with his political views. No amount of spin will hide these facts. But nice of you to try.

Here's what the Economist had to say:
Mr Breivik's manifesto—“2083. A European Declaration of Independence”—also provides some insight into his motivations. His ideology appears to be a form of reactionary Christian fundamentalism, fuelled by hatred of Islam, Marxism and non-whites.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook ... ay-attacks

No wonder you guys are finding it hard to disagree with his political views. :shock:
(I'm still waiting for that list of issues you DISAGREE with him on)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

How many topics do you intend to start about that gross act committed by a mad man that left nearly 100 families devestated.

Are you finding some kind of pleasure in this, Shafique?
Bethsmum

Absolutely no pleasure at all. This horrific terror act is making the headlines in all the papers I'm reading, and I've just started a thread which highlights that he's being called a 'Christian Fundamentalist'.

Did you ask eh etc whether they had any pleasure whenever they posted about terror acts committed by Muslims? Why not?

(I am amused at Guru Bob's damage control, and I kept that to a separate thread)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It would appear that you are amused by the whole situation!

You are treating the whole thing as if it is some sort if victory and I think it's obsene. Shame on you.
Bethsmum

You and your fantasies again BM - given that you don't actually read posts, I'm at a loss how you come to some of your judgements. :roll:

It is your friends that jumped to the wrong conclusions initially. Stating facts is not 'revelling' in the horrific act of terrorism that Norway is still reeling from.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:You and your fantasies again BM - given that you don't actually read posts, I'm at a loss how you come to some of your judgements. :roll:

It is your friends that jumped to the wrong conclusions initially. Stating facts is not 'revelling' in the horrific act of terrorism that Norway is still reeling from.

Cheers,
Shafique

It's not me that's getting off about all those young people, but you, you weirdo.
Bethsmum

There you go again, stating your beliefs and thinking that they are real. Sigh.

Comprehension isn't a strong point is it? I'm the one, luv, that expressed sympathy for the victims. Funny Frenchman herve decided to bring Hamas and the Irish into his first quote - no mention of the victims at all.

Anyway - back to the topic, this is about the media pointing out that Brievik is a 'Christian Fundamentalist' Terrorist. I guess it is easier to construct strawmen and attack me than address this point!?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:There you go again, stating your beliefs and thinking that they are real. Sigh.

Comprehension isn't a strong point is it? I'm the one, luv, that expressed sympathy for the victims. Funny Frenchman herve decided to bring Hamas and the Irish into his first quote - no mention of the victims at all.

Anyway - back to the topic, this is about the media pointing out that Brievik is a 'Christian Fundamentalist' Terrorist. I guess it is easier to construct strawmen and attack me than address this point!?

Cheers,
Shafique

Stating my beliefs? That you are a freak? I think it's plain for most to see the way your are revelling in those young people's murder!
I don't believe for one minute that you sympathise with anyone, I think you are more than happy that you have been given the opportunity to bleat on about a blonde terrorist.
It's irrelevent that Herve didn't sympathise with the victims, it goes without saying that he would.

If you have one once of decency you would let it go. You've had your fun for today, don't you think?
Bethsmum

Why are you trying to foister your views of others in this thread. herve didn't sympathise with the victims but chose to attack me - for no reason. That is shameful. I didn't see you object to that - and I chose to be respectful to the victims.

You seem to be objecting to the facts about the Terrrorist as listed above. Why is that? I never saw you object to threads about other Terrorists.

Why do the words 'Christian' and 'Fundamentalist' offend you more than if it said 'Islamic'??

Ok, can we now get back to the topic - what BM imagines is usually interesting, now it is just getting weird.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Why are you trying to foister your views of others in this thread. herve didn't sympathise with the victims but chose to attack me - for no reason. That is shameful. I didn't see you object to that - and I chose to be respectful to the victims.

You seem to be objecting to the facts about the Terrrorist as listed above. Why is that? I never saw you object to threads about other Terrorists.

Why do the words 'Christian' and 'Fundamentalist' offend you more than if it said 'Islamic'??

Ok, can we now get back to the topic - what BM imagines is usually interesting, now it is just getting weird.

Cheers,
Shafique

My views of others? You mean you, don't you? You are not repectful of the victims, you wrote a few words, that's all. To spam this forum about their murders is nothing less than a disgrace.
Other topics have not addressed recent murders of young people whose families are devasted and grieving.
Stop bringing religion into it, the only thing I'm offeded by is your repeating yourself, as normal. Get a bloody life.
It was a disgraceful act and you keep banging on about it.
Bethsmum

Well, now I'm being blamed for putting words into the mouth of the Police spokesman above and the Economist's article about his manifesto.

'Christian Fundamentalist' is the label they put on him.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Well, now I'm being blamed for putting words into the mouth of the Police spokesman above and the Economist's article about his manifesto.

'Christian Fundamentalist' is the label they put on him.

Cheers,
Shafique

What the hell are you talking about now? I've not mentioned what religion he was. He was a murderer in my eyes. You are enjoying the fact that he was white, and you keep repeating it.
Bethsmum

:roll:

I haven't mentioned the Christian Fundamentalist Terrorist's skin colour in this thread - had you read the posts, you would have known this. Why are you mentioning it now?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oh windbag and her wild imagination ! Stick to you're fluff where it comes handy and as pointed out before does you no favours when trying to discuss anything other than it. ;)
desertdudeshj

Looks like he can be free in 10-15 years.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh windbag and her wild imagination ! Stick to you're fluff where it comes handy and as pointed out before does you no favours when trying to discuss anything other than it. ;)

The word is 'your' actually. :lol:
At least I have an imagination.
Bethsmum

The Terrorist is also claiming there are 'two cells' working with him. So more Terrorists to catch - if he is telling the truth. I hope they are caught soon and don't add to the gruesome statistics.

It is shocking if he is indeed released before he is aged 50! :shock:

I watched the judge's press conference live - from what I heard, the terrorist gave his reasons - something about being against a Muslim invasion, marxists and multi-culturalism! :roll:

In summary, a racist, right wing, Islamophobe terrorist.

In a diary entry from 11 June (a period when he was intensively testing explosives) Breivik wrote:

I prayed for the first time in a very long time today. I explained to God that unless he wanted the Marxist-Islamic alliance and the certain Islamic takeover of Europe to completely annihilate European Christendom within the next hundred years he must ensure that the warriors fighting for the preservation of European Christendom prevail. He must ensure that I succeed with my mission and as such; contribute to inspire thousands of other revolutionary conservatives/nationalists; anti-Communists and anti-Islamists throughout the European world.

:shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... error.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I guess the loons think they know better than the policeman quoted. Sigh.

Unlike a loon who thinks he knows better than the Home Office?

Anders' words are pretty clear. He is moderately religious and has no intention of setting up a theocracy; in fact he and his intended audience clearly oppose such a possibility.
event horizon

shafique wrote:The Terrorist is also claiming there are 'two cells' working with him. So more Terrorists to catch - if he is telling the truth. I hope they are caught soon and don't add to the gruesome statistics.

It is shocking if he is indeed released before he is aged 50! :shock:

I watched the judge's press conference live - from what I heard, the terrorist gave his reasons - something about being against a Muslim invasion, marxists and multi-culturalism! :roll:

In summary, a racist, right wing, Islamophobe terrorist.
Cheers,
Shafique

My deepest condolences to the families and Norway, terrible thing happened
Wonder if the court hearings and trial should be closed or public, what do you think shaf?
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Brievik: 'Christian Fundamentalist' Terrorist Jul 26, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:It would appear that you are amused by the whole situation!

You are treating the whole thing as if it is some sort if victory and I think it's obsene. Shame on you.

Shaf is just revelling in the fact that this attack turned out NOT to be the work of Islamic Terrorists, as everyone predicted the minute that it happened.
The ironic thing is that this guy was motivated by his hatred toward Islam, no doubt fuelled by acts carried out by Islamic Terrorists (I know you love that term Shaf:)
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Well there are many who jump up and down and rub their hand in glee whenever there is a "Islamic terrorist attack" and ofcourse there will be people like that from the other side of the fence aswell. Although I don't see anything Shaf has said that can be classed as "revelling"

Here is the manifesto of the madman

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0dd_1311494969

Doesn't sound all too unfimilar from what gets posted here now does it ? I'd even go out on a limb here by saying no matter how sick as it may seem that I can see many rejoicing and calling him a hero if he had opened fire in a mosque or blown one up, thats the level of retartdness that dwells here.
desertdudeshj

benwj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:It would appear that you are amused by the whole situation!

Shaf is just revelling in the fact that this attack turned out NOT to be the work of Islamic Terrorists, as everyone predicted the minute that it happened.
The ironic thing is that this guy was motivated by his hatred toward Islam, no doubt fuelled by acts carried out by Islamic Terrorists (I know you love that term Shaf:)

The act is obscene whoever carried it out. It's sickening the way it's being used here to push someone's views. That man is a murdering bastard. I can't bring myself to mention his name. He should be put against a wall and shot dead.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:That man is a murdering bastard. I can't bring myself to mention his name. He should be put against a wall and shot dead.

Or dropped into the middle of the Helmand province to be f_cked up the arse by the Taliban for the rest of his life.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

desertdudeshj wrote:Well there are many who jump up and down and rub their hand in glee whenever there is a "Islamic terrorist attack" and ofcourse there will be people like that from the other side of the fence aswell. Although I don't see anything Shaf has said that can be classed as "revelling"

Here is the manifesto of the madman

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0dd_1311494969

Doesn't sound all too unfimilar from what gets posted here now does it ? I'd even go out on a limb here by saying no matter how sick as it may seem that I can see many rejoicing and calling him a hero if he had opened fire in a mosque or blown one up, thats the level of retartdness that dwells here.

There are certainly more than a few who agree with the wingnut views of Hamas or OBL on this forum.
event horizon

gertrude wrote:My deepest condolences to the families and Norway, terrible thing happened
Wonder if the court hearings and trial should be closed or public, what do you think shaf?

Closed trial. I wouldn't want to give the guy a platform to spew his hatred. By all means give him a fair trial, but I agree with those who say he should face the ultimate penalty.

My first post also expressed my sympathy for the victims of this Terrorist - and it is a moving sight to see all those Norwegians holding vigils for the victims.

The vile views of the far-right do have consequences. He talks of a Muslim invasion (not Islamic terrorism) and of being against multi-culturalism - and prayed for European Christendom to prevail. He even went so far as to say Muslim bashing was counter productive to their cause.

Therefore, trying to indirectly blame terrorist acts by Muslims for this heinous terrorist act is one that is a nice theory, but doesn't stand even a cursory scrutiny. No irony - just pointing out that the guy hated Muslims for being Muslims and non-whites for being non-white.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

What I read from the analysts who have read his manifesto was that he was an anti-racist. I'd love for you to quote any of these analysts who actually rely on his own words that he hated non-whites for being non-white or that he even hated Muslims for no reason whatsoever.
event horizon

desertdudeshj wrote:Well there are many who jump up and down and rub their hand in glee whenever there is a "Islamic terrorist attack"

Your inability to reply in another thread about the same subject, showed its not happening on DF. IMO, Shafique being so gung ho about his is the same level of people rejoicing this attack. Its even worse, Shafique is using this attack to the max trying to paint other DF-ers black (using his usual trolling techniques), or everybody for that matter who ever dared critizing Islam or multiculturism. And you are doing the same. You are worse than people celebrating the death of the young.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^Oh dear, more unfounded criticisms based on a preconceived idea of others rather than what has actually been posted. :roll:

When the resident Islamophobes revel in a Muslim commit crimes, FD joins in with his supporting comments. When a non-Muslim's motivation for his terrorism is discussed, then it becomes 'revelling'.

But the facts are that I stated that I do NOT blame Christianity or the violent verses of the Bible for this nutter's crimes.

Indeed, this comment I read this morning resonates with me:
Their school of analysis, which puts the blame on all Muslims for acts of terrorism perpetrated by Islamic extremists, has been fully discredited — by their own reaction to the Oslo attacks. While it’s obvious that few if any of them will take this lesson to heart, the rest of us should — terrorist acts are committed by individuals, and it is those individuals who should be held responsible.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk