Places To Hang Our For Recovering Alcoholics

Topic locked
Places to hang our for recovering alcoholics Apr 30, 2007
I have heard of the various clubs in Dubai e.g: Cyclone, Irish Village etc. but can u have fun there and hang out without imbibing?

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

May 11, 2007
There are lots of coffee shops, Shisha places. Also pool halls, where you can be in a more social atmosphere without booze near by.

Apparently there is also an AA chapter in Dubai but I have no details.

Good Luck
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Places to hang our for recovering alcoholics Jul 16, 2007
Dubaidude007 wrote:I have heard of the various clubs in Dubai e.g: Cyclone, Irish Village etc. but can u have fun there and hang out without imbibing?

Lol!
Well I suppose you could go to those places but why would a recovering alcoholic want to go there?

I mean, it's a bit like a fat bloke going to a cream cake factory...a bit of a temptation...

Nope, said person concerned is much better off at home, in bed, with a box set dvd and a cup of horlicks!

:D
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 16, 2007
or you can pick a sport and play it twice or 3 times a week.......like paintball ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2007
Bleakus wrote:or you can pick a sport and play it twice or 3 times a week.......like paintball ;)

oh so your a recovering alcoholic bleakus ? :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2007
nope but i do like the sport....sport is good :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 22, 2007
i tried gardening and body building at home and it worked for me :) i was diagnosed with alcoholism and chronic pancreatits at age 20. so i know how hard it is. :(

you could try a health club. aviation health club in gharhoud is nice, but if you want something cheaper but more fun, try coliseum health club in karama, it has kick boxing, muay thai classes, swimming, etc..

good luck. :D
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos