Wife Visa

Topic locked
Wife visa Oct 03, 2006
I'm a UK citizen thinking of moving to Dubai or else in UAE to work. I want to bring my wife over, but she's Zimbabwean and is over there, as she doesn't have a UK visa. Would she be allowed to join me? I realise she wouldn't be able to work on wife visa, but that's fine. Also how much do these visa's cost?

toneee
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 03, 2006
Providing you earn enough money to be able to sponsor your wife, no problem for her to join you in Dubai. Initially you could get a visit visa from hotel or tour company if you want her to check out the place first.
The actual cost of the visit visa is abour Dhs. 240.oo but the tour Co. or Hotel will want something and that will be for you to negotiate.

Will your Company not do the Wifes Residence visa??

On the issue of working your wife can work whilst she is on your sponsorship if you give a no objection letter to the Company and then they can get her a Labour Card. More details can be given later upon request.

Regrads,

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 03, 2006
you can get your wife on your visa .

the steps.

1. you need to come here and get a job. get your employment stamped.

2. based on your salary ( since ur a UK citizen the salary would be definately high enough to spoansor your wife) the minmum requirement is dh 3000 basic + dh 1000 towards accommodation, or 4000 flat.

3.Once you get your labor contract go to the immigartion and fill in a form to sponsor your wife and apply for a visa, if you pay urgent fees you get it in one day or witing 7 days.

From here on there are two situations depending wether your wife is already in Dubai on visit or is in zimbabwe.

a. Zimbabwe -
1.send her the copy of visa and get her to enter the country.
2. get her medical done and obtain a health card.
2. Take her medical report & her passport to immigration again to get the residency stamped.( you have to fill in another form here).

b. within the country
1. On obtaining her visa get her medical done.
2. Take the visa copy to immigration and get an ammendment stamped on the visa saying she doesnt have to exit the country to obtain the residence. ( around dh500)
3. On getting the amendment stamped fill in the form to get the residence stamped and submit it with the visa and medical report.
4. get the residence stamped.

If within the country takes about 3 days to get the her on your visa if you do everything on urgent basis.

Once on your visa she can work on husbands sponsorship with a no objection letter from you.

If i am wrong anywhere please feel free to correct me guys.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
Just to be clear - can my wife work for a totally different company under my sponsorship?
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 03, 2006
boomtown wrote:Just to be clear - can my wife work for a totally different company under my sponsorship?

yes she can
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
boomtown wrote:Just to be clear - can my wife work for a totally different company under my sponsorship?

yes she can

Actually only if she gets sponsered by that company, DXB did a write up about this, my understanding is a spousal visa allows her in, not to work.

Having said that, if she works under the table or something, many do

Search for DXBsoul's post and i believe it'll help you with your questions.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 03, 2006
read here.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8212

Let us know if you have questions after.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 03, 2006
fayz wrote:
Jeevan wrote:

yes she can

Actually only if she gets sponsered by that company, DXB did a write up about this, my understanding is a spousal visa allows her in, not to work.

Having said that, if she works under the table or something, many do

Search for DXBsoul's post and i believe it'll help you with your questions.

i am not aware of this, but i know someone whos on her husbands visa and is working for a bank ( the husband works for an entirely differnt company). If you check classifieds there are many ads asking for women on husbands visa :).

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
My wife has a full time secretary working for her, she is on her husband's sponsorship and he has provided her with a No objection Letter, the Labour Card has to be re-newed on a yearly basis, however the charges are certainly not what was quoted in the referenced mail, my wife just pays the normal charges. Even this year the work permit was extended for 3 years like any regular one (this may be because she has been working for my wife for 3 years already).
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 05, 2006
thanks guys my wife has her own professional qualifications so looks pretty straightforward
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum