VISA For Israeli Wife

Topic locked
VISA for Israeli wife Dec 06, 2006
Can anyone please tell me what the latest on this issue is and where I could get updated info from?

I'm set to start work in Dubai in Feb 07 and I would like to take my Israeli wife with me. Is there any chance?

UAE legislation on this matter is quite clear but I heard about some Israelis getting into the country in the past. Guess the UAE authorities don't want to make it a big issue. I don't want to bribe anyone, just to know whether there is some liberal clerk at the VISA department who could make things work.
(As a matter of fact, after getting security clearance Palestinians, Jordanians, Lebanese, Egyptians can als get into Israel, if they want to)

After all, I just want to be with my family.

Thanks for any info

JB

jb
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 06, 2006
officially she will not be able to reside in the UAE. However Israelis have been into the UAE before on different occasions (IMG Meetings, etc .. ).

But all these cases are exception to the rule and will need someone high up there to give that exception. So either you or your company needs to have this connection to make things happen. but dont get your hopes up its a slim chance.

Your better route is to get your wife citizenship from your country (which ofcourse depends on the process in your country) and then she can reside here.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2006
MaaaD wrote:officially she will not be able to reside in the UAE. However Israelis have been into the UAE before on different occasions (IMG Meetings, etc .. ).

But all these cases are exception to the rule and will need someone high up there to give that exception. So either you or your company needs to have this connection to make things happen. but dont get your hopes up its a slim chance.

Your better route is to get your wife citizenship from your country (which ofcourse depends on the process in your country) and then she can reside here.

Good advice from Maad, dual citizenship with a passport from your country would do thye trick.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum