Visa For My Wife

Topic locked
Visa for my wife Nov 26, 2006
Howsit guys, maybe you can assist me. I tried calling the department of naturalisation and the person could barely speak english.

Here's the deal, i have recieved my visa but would like to apply for a visa for my WIFE.
I know i have to supply
My passport
Her passport
copy of my visa & employment contract
Attested marriage certificate

am i missing anything out? Also i cant seem to clarify where i can get the cetificate attested. From what i understand you have to get it attested at the Department but someone told me i need to go to the South African Embassy? Have you guys had any experience and can assist? Any tips?

larre
Dubai Forums Member

Visa Nov 26, 2006
This whole visa thing is a bit strange, i have a copy of my entry permit but they need to send it for residency visa. Can i sponsor my wife before this comes or do i need to wait for it first?
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Visa for my wife Nov 26, 2006
larre wrote:Howsit guys, maybe you can assist me. I tried calling the department of naturalisation and the person could barely speak english.

Here's the deal, i have recieved my visa but would like to apply for a visa for my WIFE.
I know i have to supply
My passport
Her passport
copy of my visa & employment contract
Attested marriage certificate

am i missing anything out? Also i cant seem to clarify where i can get the cetificate attested. From what i understand you have to get it attested at the Department but someone told me i need to go to the South African Embassy? Have you guys had any experience and can assist? Any tips?

United Arab Emirates Embassy/High Comission/Consulate For South AfricaOffice : Embassy
Street Address : 980 Park Street
Postal Address : PO Box 57090
ZIP Code : 0083
City : Arcadia
State : Pretoria
: (+27-12) 3427736, 3427739
Fax : (+27-12) 3427738
Email : uae@mweb.co.za

Documents need to be attested in the UAE Embassy and then forwarded to Dubai and further attested at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, birth Certificate also needs to be done.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Visa Nov 26, 2006
larre wrote:This whole visa thing is a bit strange, i have a copy of my entry permit but they need to send it for residency visa. Can i sponsor my wife before this comes or do i need to wait for it first?

You can't sponsor your family until you get your own residence visa.
Otherwise, if you want your wife to come along when you enter Dubai, ask your employer to get your wife's visit visa (sponsored by some small third party service companies). Upon arrival and get your residence visa done, convert your wife's visit visa to residence visa (with note "IN COUNTRY" to the immigration dept). That's how I came and brought my family altogether.

Are you in Dubai already?
If you're still SA, get the documents attested in your country (in my country are Ministry of Law, Ministry of Foreign Affair, UAE embassy). Even I translated into English and Arabic. Just in case.
If you're already in Dubai, by nearest SA embassy/consulate would be Ok.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

hi Nov 28, 2006
thanks XTC, yes im already in dubai. Ok i will get it attested at the local consulate.

Thanks for the help guys.
larre
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum