Al Murooj Complex

Topic locked
Al Murooj Complex Feb 25, 2006
Hi guys

Am new to this Forum, but been here in DXB for past 7 months.

Am staying at the Al Murooj complex off Shk Zayed Road - anyone else here staying there? What do you think?

Personally, I think the place seems a complete state at the moment, was wondering if anyone knows when certain bits of it will actually be complete (en'shallah I know)

1/ the road running alongside the complex - it's a complete mess! OK, so they had to put the water lines for DIFC along it so dug it up and left huge holes for past 7 months... only now is it sort of driveable, but still a [now muddy due to rain] sandpit. Security guy now saying that the piping 'not work' so they are estimating that this will mean digging the road up completely once again which will mean another 7 months before there is actually a road there!

2/ The gym -- when is it going to have the music and TV actually on in it??! Likewise, the toilets in the gym -- toilet paper, lockers that actually have keys etc???

3/ Pool area .. are they not meant to have a restaurant/cafe there?

4/ Tennis courts and squash courts... any idea when they will open?

Other than that, the place is fine! LOL

Cheers

Josh

EK_boy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 25, 2006
jeezz maybe if you visit the nearby Al Quoz labor camps you will stop whining about your murooj complex ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2006
hopefully its not left like that and they will finish it off for you josh hoe you didnt get a raw deal let us know how it progress
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2006
Stop nagging.... You are a million times better off than 60% of the people out there...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2006
Well, I agree that yes, Josh is better off than most of the residents here..however, if he's paying for a pool, restraunt, a proper gym etc.. then he should be getting exactly what he paid for.

Personally, I've always thought they looked lovely from the outside atleast. I always thought that if I were to move, that would be where I would move to :)
ViolentFemme
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 26, 2006
Liban wrote:Stop nagging.... You are a million times better off than 60% of the people out there...

I am honestly sorry for the guys living in the mentioned labor camps and earning almost no money at all. I think this is slavery.

BUT... as other people said... if you are earning good money and you are paying ridiculous high rents, you can expect that the landlords or real estate agents stick to their promises or contracts.
I am living in a flat in SHJ next to the Mamzar Lagoons and I am experiencing the same problems. Big promises before you sign the contract and afterwards nothing is happening.
The pool is there, but it is dirty and there is not even water in it. Very nice.
It seems to me that there is lots of fraud here and the government is doing NOTHING against it.

Ben
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2006
Have to agree, you wouldn't pay for half a meal, or an electrical appliance that didn't work properly and so why should you be paying for a product you're not getting - wake up guys! It's like booking a 5 star hotel room and only getting a 2 star without all the extras.

Have a couple of friends with apartments in the Al Marooj, very nice, but I'd be pretty irritated if I had a place there and was paying all that money for it not to be finished, the parking has been a disaster for as long as I can remember.

Don't like th outlets either, Double Decker and C Bar have a crappy attitude.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
eash i originally planned on moving there, i'm glad things didn't work out and I ended up where i am.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 26, 2006
If you have PAID for something you should get it, or get your money back. Maybe some people are okay with being walked over and ripped off because hey, there are others who are worse off (nice logic!) - but I would certainly complain.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 26, 2006
Hi

Well of course I know I'm in a better place than the poor guys in the slave labor camps further down the road, I really didn't need you to remind me thanks... more than anything else, that's what I really hate about living in Dubai - knowing that there are people who are really much worse off than yourself but nothing you can really do about it. Dubai is the epitome of modern-day slave labor, period, so MaaaD and boostah, rather than comparing my standard of living to that of these guys, I unfortunately just have to not to. OK I may be wrong, but if you are told you will get something, pay for it and don't get it, you would be annoyed also. Right?? ;D

Back on point though, I mean seriously, like people have said, if you are paying a lot of rent for a place [88,000 Dhs for a small apartment] [and again, yes I know it's bigger and better than 60% of Dubai has...] but it still isn't right. Civilized people dont' take a full year's [extortionate] rent up front in January without delivering what they promise. I mean, morales???!

Keep smiling!

J
EK_boy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 26, 2006
kanelli... exactly my point.
EK_boy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 27, 2006
hmm I was wondering.... is there no legal department where we can place such complaints?
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 27, 2006
7 days is probably your answer. I agree too-you are not getting what you paid for. Who wants a Ferrari without the engine? I think EJ is right though, there is a board where you can make a complaint but I have no idea where. Sorry mate!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2006
Oh you can make a complaint - but here's the catch, you'll get charged for making a complaint - WTF!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 28, 2006
They charge you for making a complaint??! LOL Now I've heard it all.

HAHA 7days. Problem with that is the people who need to fix the problems probably don't read the letters pages on purpose..
EK_boy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 04, 2006
where is this complex??
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 04, 2006
SZR and defense roundabout, across from Etisalat.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2006
eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk Fayz

can you be a bit more forgiving to nit wits like me, i dont know defense rb and where Etilistat is lol
arniegang

Mar 04, 2006
hahaha, sorry my bad. You know where they're building the Burj Dubai (tallest tower) right? that intersection is Defense roundabout. kinda kitty corner to the Burj Dubai development
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2006
right gotcha

Is it the new look building thats all lit up?
arniegang

Mar 12, 2006
Yeah that's the one, it's a really nice looking complex actually. Quite a short complex compared with others in SZR area though [12 stories]. Has a really nice pool area in the centre of it though.
EK_boy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum