""Whites Have Become Black"

Topic locked
Re: ""Whites Have Become Black" Aug 21, 2011
symmetric wrote:Com'on put the blame on Islam, please feel free to do so ;)

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Did I? I don't care.

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Maybe .. I think you just missed the letters.
symmetric
BANNED

Sym, thank you so much for your attention to my humble person but I'd be very gratefull if you say something on topic, otherwise I am waiting for a reply from Shafique.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

I don't have much to say honestly, except that I disagree with your point. Anyhow, my apologies.
symmetric
BANNED

Red Chief wrote:
shafique wrote: You can join a gym and be a member of that gym. But if you choose not to use the facilities and gorge on junk food, you'll just be a fat member of a gym. It's your choice whether to join the gym and your choice to use the equipment and facilities it provides (says the guy fasting!)

I'm not sure that it's a good analogy. Gorging on and wasting tonns of food after 7 PM is not healthy according to research of many dietitions. My experience confirms that if I eat after 6 PM heavy food I start freshing out.

I agree about not eating too much at night - I try and avoid anything heavy after 7pm as well. But I'm not sure what this has to do with the analogy - surely gorging on the wrong food and not using the equipment will not make you fit? :?

(BTW - the instructions for Muslims on food are summed up in two Hadith :
1. A non-believer's meal should be enough for two believers - i.e. a believer should eat half as much as a non-believer.

2. Each meal - you should eat and drink such that your stomach is 1/3 full of food, 1/3 of water and 1/3 of air.

The second one is well known and quite profound - it is universal and can be applied by all. Each has to judge what is a 1/3 ... and stops over eating. It is a hadith worth remembering in a season of Iftar feasts!!)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:But I'm not sure what this has to do with the analogy - surely gorging on the wrong food and not using the equipment will not make you fit? :?

I meant that some equipment requires upgrade and adoptation to the real life or climate (cold one for instance). :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

^Sometimes believing that 'this time it is different' proves to be wrong - and the 'old' logic still applies.

In all cases, if you can test the theory - you should. Don't use the equipment, and eat junk food, and you're just an unfit member of the gym. Analogy is fine to me.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ""Whites have become Black" Aug 21, 2011
symmetric wrote:
gertrude wrote:Looks like a lot here think you are the bigot Shaf, no matter what you say.

Keep it uP Shafique, you know better how to tame your loons :D

You can always judge a person by their friends and supporters.

As for dingleberry, apart from not recognizing satire and parody, you also were not around when shafique trolled the other forum he was moderator with his missionary tactics, etc.

That was the time when he was regularly posting silly apologetic articles on Muhammad you'll sometimes see on this forum's religious forum and engaging in polemics.

You'll see echoes of O Wise One's polemics on this forum when he attempted to tell Christians how to properly follow their religion from a Biblical passage he mistakenly believed was a quote from Jesus:

philosophy-dubai/did-jesus-say-faith-without-works-dead-t38145.html

Now, the $64,000 question for dingleberry is, if many of my comments are a parody, whose posts am I satirizing?

On a side note, I discovered shafique's DOT com reliance of an Ahmadi missionary website because he was lifting arguments and Bible verses from a polemical article there.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

@ Symm, ana tmaaam :) mabsoot too much hamdullah these days,enta ezayaak? Ramadan is so lovely : ) BTW ana استقلت we mashy : ), shoft el video beta3 Egyptian spider man :D.

@ BB, I liked the example as it is new and I believe it applies, Muslims belong to Islam, but unfortunately not all are applying it correctly, same like Christians, Jews, etc.. humans always prefer their point because it makes them comfortable may be, I don't know!
But what kind of proofs or facts you are asking about! I didn't understand what you mean!!

but I see that the example turned out to be discussing food, and may be diet system....
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

shafique wrote:^Sometimes believing that 'this time it is different' proves to be wrong - and the 'old' logic still applies.

He-he, Sometimes it's easier to deactivate own brain cells and live in caves. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sometimes false analogies are a poor excuse for accepting reality. :D

Sigh.

Anyway, I guess we've strayed a long way from Starkey's theory that the White rioters were emulating Black culture.. :shock:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:Have to say, you are like Herve with a bone when it comes to BM. :D

And you love shaf to bits don't ya ? :wink:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Have to say, you are like Herve with a bone when it comes to BM. :D

And you love shaf to bits don't ya ? :wink:

Dude, you respond to EVERY post that BM puts up. I, on the other hand, respond to Shaf's post when it is deemed necessary. :wink: I also don't have the emotional involvement that you seem to have with BM. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: ""Whites Have Become Black" Aug 26, 2011
shafique wrote:God says "There is no compulsion in Religion" in the Quran - so, yes - you are free to choose to live your life like you want to. If you want to call yourself a Muslim - the strict definition is that you only need to declare that 'There is no god but God and Muhammad is His Messenger'.

Should you decide to then not follow the rules of Islam - that doesn't make you a non-Muslim, but rather a non-observant Muslim, or a Muslim who is sinning (i.e. going against the rules of Islam). Islam states that all people are fallible and require God's forgiveness - and all will be judged fairly, and face the consequences of their actions.

You can join a gym and be a member of that gym. But if you choose not to use the facilities and gorge on junk food, you'll just be a fat member of a gym. It's your choice whether to join the gym and your choice to use the equipment and facilities it provides (says the guy fasting!)

But, back to the thread's topic - interesting how it is now about what people think of other posters and whether those posting racist posts are justified in pointing the fingers at others.

Hmm.

Cheers,
Shafique

You try to convey yourself and very open minded and open to suggestions, however the point is that if the Quran said that the moon was made of cheese, you'd be quoting 16th century scientific text as proof and no doubt there'd be many Islamic scholars and scientists that would agree and have done their own studies to back you up. Believe it or not, but many people don't believe that man (American's) landed on the moon. :lol:

And I don't believe that someone can call themselves a Muslim at all if they do not make an effort to follow the guidelines. Unfortunately, you cannot pick and choose what parts of a religion you follow. I'm not attacking Muslims either. Christian faiths with confession are very handy for clearing one's conscious.

I don't call myself anything because I haven't found a religion yet that does not contain some beliefs that I do not agree with.

Actually, I might start my own. I'm open to suggestions. What do you want in a religion?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: ""Whites Have Become Black" Aug 26, 2011
I understand that some people think the world is flat and that the moon landings were faked.

However, that doesn't mean that all who choose to believe in Islam are giving up reason and logic. My personal belief is that any religion that asks you to put reason and logic to one side is one that SHOULD be rejected, as if there is a God, He/She/It would have created logic and would not want one to discard it.

That's my take on things.

It is up to people to set up their own tests for a way of life/rules/etc that calls itself religion.

So, what do I want in a religion..? For me the answers include:

1. Something logical
2. Something that promises a clear goal
3. Something that makes a clear difference
4. Something that I can test and meets my needs.

Until I find a better set of rules that are more logical, I'm a Muslim.

What do you want in a religion?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ""Whites Have Become Black" Aug 27, 2011
shafique wrote:I understand that some people think the world is flat and that the moon landings were faked.

However, that doesn't mean that all who choose to believe in Islam are giving up reason and logic. My personal belief is that any religion that asks you to put reason and logic to one side is one that SHOULD be rejected, as if there is a God, He/She/It would have created logic and would not want one to discard it.

That's my take on things.

It is up to people to set up their own tests for a way of life/rules/etc that calls itself religion.

So, what do I want in a religion..? For me the answers include:

1. Something logical
2. Something that promises a clear goal
3. Something that makes a clear difference
4. Something that I can test and meets my needs.

Until I find a better set of rules that are more logical, I'm a Muslim.

What do you want in a religion?

Cheers,
Shafique

philosophy-dubai/superstition-islam-t45790.html
event horizon

^ :shock:

Please don't tell me eh is bringing up his straw man AGAIN. He failed to show I believe in superstitions in the past (he's pretty used to failing).

By contrast we have many examples of eh's own evasions on some Biblical events (Biblical beliefs he hasn't condemned and which his fellow American Christians believe in literally):

1. Talking donkeys (not to be confused with the loons aka 'talking a$$s' :D ):
philosophy-dubai/talking-donkeys-bible-evasion-t42810.html

2. Earth can stop revolving for a day (and the Bible and Science generally):
philosophy-dubai/talking-donkeys-bible-evasion-t42810.html

3. Eh's belief in Rapture (where he will magically disappear one day):
philosophy-dubai/rapture-day-t46391.html
philosophy-dubai/rapture-t39043.html

So, whilst I'm still waiting for any illogical beliefs within Islam (rather than some Muslims with superstitious beliefs/interpretations), perhaps eh can shed light on his own un-scientific beliefs.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ""Whites have become Black" Aug 27, 2011
There's a lot of superstitious beliefs in the Koran, including Muhammad seeking refuge from magic/witchcraft.

Do tell, why would Muhammad need Allah's protection over the black arts if they didn't exist?

Koran 113:1;4
Say: 'I take refuge with the Lord of the Daybreak
from the evil of the women who blow on knots,

:wink:
event horizon

LOL - nice try young one. Just because YOU believe in talking donkeys etc in the Bible, don't project those beliefs on to Muslims in general.

Fail. Again.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ""Whites have become Black" Aug 28, 2011
This one is no superstition, it' s straight from the "book"

"Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted-Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs," (Qur'an 86:5-7).

Guys did you know that mosleems beleive $perm come from the chest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
capsicum
BANNED

Re: ""Whites Have Become Black" Aug 28, 2011
Caps (not that you'll bother read it), but your misunderstanding has already been addressed:
philosophy-dubai/the-scientific-miracles-the-holy-quran-t23259-15.html

Now, given that eh believes in talking donkeys - I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I'm replying to a vegetable! :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ""Whites have become Black" Aug 28, 2011
capsicum wrote:This one is no superstition, it' s straight from the "book"

"Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted-Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs," (Qur'an 86:5-7).

Guys did you know that mosleems beleive $perm come from the chest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Capsi if someone quotes verses like you do but fails to lol as you do, than please refer them to sites like this at least.. :idea:
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=2602
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique wrote:Caps (not that you'll bother read it), but your misunderstanding has already been addressed:
philosophy-dubai/the-scientific-miracles-the-holy-quran-t23259-15.html
Cheers,
Shafique

Misunderstanding?? No ....I just read
and the quran does read:
It is pretty clear. Now if it is wrong , and moslems know it is wrong, instead of debating why don't they edit the book.
capsicum
BANNED

Really caps - it isn't really that hard. Just click on the link, read through the explanations and then try and understand what is written.

If you really want to debate, why don't you ask young eh why he believes the Bible is telling the truth when it describes talking donkeys. He's the one with the extremist views, remember and who believes in this illogical view.

Talking donkeys is unambiguous - compare and contrast this with your misunderstanding (after you've read through the explanation).

You could get him to explain this verse to you as well, while you're at it:
Blessed is the one who grabs your babies and smashes them against a rock.

Psalm 137:9

See, it isn't that hard after all. (Perhaps eh will explain to a fellow loon why he believes in talking donkeys and what his explanation is for the violent verse above.)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

OOh what a terrible thing to write in a book - but then again I don't believe its us who stone people to death.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: ""Whites Have Become Black" Aug 29, 2011
^it is terrible patience. What is even more shocking is that there is a poster on this forum who is the most extreme religious fanatic here and he makes excuses for the killing of children, and the enslavement of virgins:

philosophy-dubai/most-extreme-religous-fanatic-here-t41961.html

Note that this extremist has yet to comment on the verse above. But he normally chooses to hide his beliefs.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Really caps - it isn't really that hard. Just click on the link, read through the explanations and then try and understand what is written.

Cheers,
Shafique

I read this surat in a french quran, it says the same, translated from French to English, it says that a drop is produced bewteen ribs and backbone..... what a jokeSo if it is a mistake in translation it is not just in english. Anyone tried in spanish, russian?
anyways if it was a mistake in translation , Instead of putting links of "explanations" why don't they just correct the quran, replace the words, done, no more explanations.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve, mon ami - why don't you get a friend to explain to you the posts in the linked to thread?

(Hint: why not look up the Arabic word itself, and then check out the explanation?)

Do you believe in talking donkeys?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ""Whites have become Black" Aug 29, 2011
I though the quran was self explanatory.
now you tell me it need explanations, links and so forth. one word al shafique: it is BS
To me the thread is pretty clear, the quran does say, in french and in english that sperm is produce between the backbone and ribs. if you are not happy with it talk to the translator.
The one who should read the arabic word are the translators if they got it wrong , not me.

Talking donkeys :lol: :lol: :lol: , sure I beleive in them, I have seen lots of them wandering in the desert
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Well, I wonder if your talking donkeys are the same ones eh believes in. :D

As for your scholarly interpretation of the one Arabic verse - I'll happily stick to the explanation already given. You seem to think you know better. :roll:

You may want to look up verse 3:7 and let us know what that means.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat