"Alledged" Child Murderer To Undergo Psychiatric Tests

Topic locked
Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 05, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:
uaekid wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:How can you even compare the British guy, duped into taking heroine with a guy that deliberately lured, abused, raped and murdered a little boy?!

drugs kills millions not one, it is a rap of human kind. thats why I compare it. but you can't see that bcz he is a brit. go to sleep hon.

erm no I don't see him as a Brit actually - did you not see his name? Hardly 'John Smith'. Just as the accused in this case isn't a true Emirati, he's Pakistani any which way you look at it. YOU just use it as a excuse to justify things once again. The two are not comparable.

Hmmm very intresting...although I beg my pardon for derailing this thread for a while.

So a person who was deemed fit by the govt of England to be naturilised and awarded citizenship, spends the majority of his life there is yet not considered to be british by a british expat. Who in turns moans how her host country has the same problem and does not allow citizenship, rights etc etc ......

Maybe secretly you wished UK had adopted the same policy as UAE did half a century a go ??? and really arn't all that culturally compatible after all ?

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Very sound point DD
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

BTW Congrats on your 15000th ! post sheesh man. Thats a hard one to beat !
desertdudeshj

Just an aside - on the question of the execution in China, the Economist has a good article on it - and some interesting comments to the article:

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/dis ... d=15174410

I have to say, the comment by the person who is bipolar made me stop and think!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:
I have to say, the comment by the person who is bipolar made me stop and think!

Cheers,
Shafique

:lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

DD, let's get a few things straight. I have never complained about people not being given citizenship here, why would I want to? It would mean nothing to me anyway.

Just because you have a passport or whatnot to say you are a citizen of a country, doesn't change your roots does it? No, it doesn't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Just because you have a passport or whatnot to say you are a citizen of a country, doesn't change your roots does it? No, it doesn't.

True.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

well you've moaned many a times about many UAE laws etc etc. And yes it doesn't change his roots but doesn't make him not british either.

Just because a person doesn't have a chirstian sounding name and has brown skin does not make him not british. What to do you call the decendants of the african slaves, The jamicans, the european jews who fled in WWII then ?

Like bora asked me once, what excatly is being british then, I don't think its a prerequiste to be floundering around in bikinis, getting piss drunk and wasted on the weekends to be british.

Have your decendants been living on the island for the begning of time ? Are you 1000% pure brit ?

Bores you should understand this more than anyone else as your country almost entirely made up of immigrants, so how come your american then ? You should be Irish, german or where ever your family came from, right ? but no you call yourself an American and have the full right to just as Akmal Shaikh the right to be called british.

At best or worse depending on which side of the debate you stand he would be a brit of Asian or pakistani decent.

wheter anybody likes it or not the world intregrating and as peter russell puts it soon there will be no white black yellow red, everybody will be just beige ! :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:well you've moaned many a times about many UAE laws etc etc. And yes it doesn't change his roots but doesn't make him not british either.

Just because a person doesn't have a chirstian sounding name and has brown skin does not make him not british. What to do you call the decendants of the african slaves, The jamicans, the european jews who fled in WWII then ?

Like bora asked me once, what excatly is being british then, I don't think its a prerequiste to be floundering around in bikinis, getting piss drunk and wasted on the weekends to be british.

Have your decendants been living on the island for the begning of time ? Are you 1000% pure brit ?

Bores you should understand this more than anyone else as your country almost entirely made up of immigrants, so how come your american then ? You should be Irish, german or where ever your family came from, right ? but no you call yourself an American and have the full right to just as Akmal Shaikh the right to be called british.

At best or worse depending on which side of the debate you stand he would be a brit of Asian or pakistani decent.

wheter anybody likes it or not the world intregrating and as peter russell puts it soon there will be no white black yellow red, everybody will be just beige ! :D

American is a melting pot of nationalities. Even in America when talking about someone, and someone isn't sure who is being spoken about, one might say "the Pakistan woman", or "the Chinese woman" or the "Arab woman". It doesn't take away from the fact that "she" is American.

Yes, I am American, but I am generational American. My ancestry can be traced back to Native American Indian on my great grandfather's side, which people were the first Americans!!!! In the states, when people ask the question "What is your nationality?" we don't say "American", we give our family background.

If you were to put a "face" on America - people expect to see "white". If you were to put a "face" on the British - people expect to see "white". That's the way it is. If I were to get the UAE passport, do you think you would see my "face" as representative of the UAE? Highly unlikely. Same thing if I married an Indian or a Japanese man and obtained the passport - do you think anyone would believe me if asked: "What is your nationality?" and I say "Indian" or "Japanese". The passport doesn't change my ancestry or my identity, it just makes me a citizen of the country that issued the passport.

Different terms are used worldwide. I can only speak for the states. In the states, going back some time, when referring to Asian, it was generally towards people from China and Japan, but for the majority now it is China or Japan. Here, people from India are referred to as Asian, in the US they are referred to as being Indian (from India - get it? :) ). In the States we generally identify people from the country they came from, not the continent.

My husband is American, but he is a hypenated American: Egyptian-American. He was not born in the US, but he holds the passport. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's Egyptian. He finds it quite convenient actually. He's Egyptian when is serves him best, he's American when it serves him best and he's Egyptian-American when that serves him best. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 07, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:True its a far cry to state that the murder was premediated. But it is nothing less than manslaughter in the first degree.

As I mentioned, his first lawyer, probably based on moral grounds and information he was privy to from the accused, asked to be excused from defending the "alleged" murderer/rapist. Sorry MCL, but anyone with a conscience would not defend that person, especially with the history he had. He probably does have serious mental issues, and hopefully a person with highly qualified creditials will be retained to assess his mental (in)stability. If he is found to be insane, I hope they put him away in an institution in isolation and throw the key away. If the lawyer is successful in getting him anything less, I hope the lawyer sleeps well at night believing that he "did the right thing".

Agreed cent percent, and I'm the sure the perpetrator will be punished accordingly. But the court is bound by law and procedure and to deliver a sentence the court has to function. How can the court function if there is no defense council? In the absence of a proper trial the judge's verdict will be questioned. So ye kno, the court is just functioning properly, and in due time I'm certain justice will be delivered.
I guess that's the responsibility an attorney has to bear with. And all I'm saying is judging the defense attorney's character purely because he was assigned this case not something I agree with.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 11, 2010
deadlife wrote:Its just amazing how people turn psycho right after committing a crime.

Or some otehr lame excuse - I found the Sheik issa "not guilty" case hilarious - drugs made him bum rape a guy, lol a 'gay drug' only in the middle east.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll ... 09830/1138
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 11, 2010
As can be seen from today's press the guy has been determined sane to face the charges.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat