"Alledged" Child Murderer To Undergo Psychiatric Tests

Topic locked
"Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 03, 2010
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... s-1.561562

Now, I'm no scientist, so perhaps someone else can tell me the link between being 'paranoid' and raping and then murdering a 4 year old boy.

Seems to me, one involves thinking everyone's out to get you, and the other is a crime of sexual deviance.

If you ask me, sounds like they're setting this guy up to be insane so as to escape the death penalty.

Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 03, 2010
That lawyer should be ashamed of himself. There are no excuses for what that animal did.

His previous lawyer asked the court to excuse him from representing him. At least that man had a conscience and obviously thought that his "client" was guilty of the crime as charged and didn't think he was "insane". As you said Doc, it's just a ploy by his lawyer to help his client escape the death penalty.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 04, 2010
Does anybody have any idea what the nationality of the accused is?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

smoggie wrote:Does anybody have any idea what the nationality of the accused is?

He's Emirati - with previous convictions and jail time for other rapes and s.e.xual crimes! He should never have been released in the first place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
smoggie wrote:Does anybody have any idea what the nationality of the accused is?

He's Emirati - with previous convictions and jail time for other rapes and s.e.xual crimes! He should never have been released in the first place.

I agree!
In that case they will probably pass on the death sentence.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

In all honesty they should make an example of this sicko and send a strong message to others. Far too many of these crimes happen and people get away with it for one reason or another. The justice system in this country is beyond pathetic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Agree with all. I would be seriously disappointed if this monster gets anything less than the firing squad, even that seems like an easy out, can't even begin to imagine what the boys family would feel like !

Yes the lawyer sucks aswell. What a lame defense with the troubled childhood story ! Puhleez !!!! Seems like he has beeing watching too many courtroom dramas. Although I don't blame the judge, I don't think its an easy task to send someone to the gallows. I wouldn't want that on my consicence even if there was a 0.0001% of a chance that the person trully does not deserve to be executed.

Maybe they should hire a chinese judge for this case. The demon would probally would have been long dead by now !

@ Smoggie : Emaratis have been excecuted in the past for henious crimes so its not like emaratis are exempted from capital punishment. Last one being in RAK feb last year for a double murder I believe. And a few other cases I can remember.

@ Chocs : Its not like people haven't gone totally scot free on technicalites elsewhere before. Like I said put your self in the judges shoes. You would want to explore every avenue and be a million percent sure before sealing someones fate. I don't think its no small feat to make a judgement on someones life.

Even in this open and shut case I wouldn't want to be the one who signs the execution orders.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I hoep he is executed. However, if the childs family wanted blood money, would he be released?

I am asking based on the recent case where 3 people who burned a man to death were released after 1 year in jail because the victims family accepted blood money.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:I hoep he is executed. However, if the childs family wanted blood money, would he be released?

I am asking based on the recent case where 3 people who burned a man to death were released after 1 year in jail because the victims family accepted blood money.

Blood money only saves you from the execution in case the other party agrees but still you have to serve whats called the civil rights time which could lead to life in prison.

chocoholic, I hope he get executed even if he is mentally ill but you always screams ppl rights !! and he or other has the right for a such a exams if his lawyer asks for it, it is usually done to save him from the execution to a prison time and I believe this is done everywhere . stop looking at every thing from your Black tented glass LOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:I hoep he is executed. However, if the childs family wanted blood money, would he be released?

Blood money only saves you from the execution in case the other party agrees but still you have to serve whats called the civil rights time which could lead to life in prison.

chocoholic, I hope he get executed even if he is mentally ill but you always screams ppl rights !! and he or other has the right for a such a exams if his lawyer asks for it, it is usually done to save him from the execution to a prison time and I believe this is done everywhere . stop looking at every thing from your Black tented glass LOL

What was he doing on the streets in the first place if he was a convicted Rapist/Sex beast??? Shouldn't he have been screened for potential mental illness at that time?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Well not to be derailing the thread or anything, majority of violent crimes specially in places like the US are repeat offenders.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

This guy was a repeat offender as well....

As for civil rights time, if killing a man can lead to just 1 year, they may have let this guy off with a few years as well.

But I am glad the child's family asked for execution.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

wasnt he a bahraini? or was i reading some comic book :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

smoggie wrote:What was he doing on the streets in the first place if he was a convicted Rapist/Sex beast??? Shouldn't he have been screened for potential mental illness at that time?

Maybe the fact that he didn't actually kill someone was reason enough to let him walk every time. :o Possibly they figured that since "no harm" came to anyone, no need to evaluate his mental state.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

rudeboy wrote:wasnt he a bahraini? or was i reading some comic book :D

I believe that I read he was born in Bahrain from Pakistani Parents and then later received UAE Citizenship.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:
smoggie wrote:What was he doing on the streets in the first place if he was a convicted Rapist/Sex beast??? Shouldn't he have been screened for potential mental illness at that time?

Maybe the fact that he didn't actually kill someone was reason enough to let him walk every time. :o Possibly they figured that since "no harm" came to anyone, no need to evaluate his mental state.

"No harm", do you believe that?, what about the young boys he raped I think they would be damaged for life in one way or another.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

"No harm", do you believe that?, what about the young boys he raped I think they would be damaged for life in one way or another.

Sarcasm S&O, it was sarcasm. Hence the quotes I used around "no harm". My bad. Should have added :roll: Of course these children have been scarred for life and in more than one way. Mentally, emotionally, self-esteem, behavior transference (will they do they same to someone else?), just to name a few.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

id, in this case the death penalty is too good and an easy way out for this scum. Mentally ill? Give me a break, he knew exactly what he was doing, he'd done in before. He should never have been on the street in the first place.

With regard to the case about two Emiratis and one Russina burning their driver to death, well they served a pathetic 1 year out of their 3 year sentence, and the money penalty was 5 million Dirhams, yet the family of the dead man only received 200,000 Dhs - so what happened to the rest?

Anyone who takes someone else's life should be locked up for life and that's that. None of this pay and you go free BS.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

What was the sentence given to the scumbag that ran a tourist over in him Hummer, and then reversed back over her?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Bora Bora wrote:That lawyer should be ashamed of himself. There are no excuses for what that animal did.

His previous lawyer asked the court to excuse him from representing him. At least that man had a conscience and obviously thought that his "client" was guilty of the crime as charged and didn't think he was "insane". As you said Doc, it's just a ploy by his lawyer to help his client escape the death penalty.

The simple fact is the law must always take it's own course. And for every case, no matter how grave the crime you have the prosecutor and the defense. And if it indeed an open- shut case then the prosecution should've sealed the verdict by now. The defense lawyer is merely doing his job. Infact I salute the defense lawyer because despite the painful moral dilemma of representing this criminal, the defense lawyer realizes that the law is far bigger than an individuals whims and fancies and the law clearly stipulates that every criminal has the right to defend himself. And no matter what it's of imperative importance that the law is upheld.

The article also indirectly stipulates that it was in fact the prosecution that botched things up by stating it was a premeditated murder and then falling short on facts to validate their claim. Now I'm not supporting the accused but upon reading the article one gauges that the dilemma the judge faces is that the prosecution cannot prove that the murder was premeditated and neither can they prove that he intentionally killed the child. In view of that fact no matter how insensitive it may seem to outsiders, it does make sense to call for a psychiatric evaluation. After all was it not this very crowd that was defending the Brit executed in China on grounds of mental health?
So an evaluation does not really mean that the criminal will get away. I'm sure no society would want such a man amidst them, but before pronouncing any sentence the judge needs to clearly ascertain all facts. And that is what's happening here.

PS Where is it mentioned that this guy had a past criminal record?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:That lawyer should be ashamed of himself. There are no excuses for what that animal did.

The simple fact is the law must always take it's own course. And for every case, no matter how grave the crime you have the prosecutor and the defense. And if it indeed an open- shut case then the prosecution should've sealed the verdict by now. The defense lawyer is merely doing his job. Infact I salute the defense lawyer because despite the painful moral dilemma of representing this criminal, the defense lawyer realizes that the law is far bigger than an individuals whims and fancies and the law clearly stipulates that every criminal has the right to defend himself. And no matter what it's of imperative importance that the law is upheld.

The article also indirectly stipulates that it was in fact the prosecution that botched things up by stating it was a premeditated murder and then falling short on facts to validate their claim. Now I'm not supporting the accused but upon reading the article one gauges that the dilemma the judge faces is that the prosecution cannot prove that the murder was premeditated and neither can they prove that he intentionally killed the child. In view of that fact no matter how insensitive it may seem to outsiders, it does make sense to call for a psychiatric evaluation. After all was it not this very crowd that was defending the Brit executed in China on grounds of mental health?
So an evaluation does not really mean that the criminal will get away. I'm sure no society would want such a man amidst them, but before pronouncing any sentence the judge needs to clearly ascertain all facts. And that is what's happening here.

PS Where is it mentioned that this guy had a past criminal record?

True its a far cry to state that the murder was premediated. But it is nothing less than manslaughter in the first degree.

As I mentioned, his first lawyer, probably based on moral grounds and information he was privy to from the accused, asked to be excused from defending the "alleged" murderer/rapist. Sorry MCL, but anyone with a conscience would not defend that person, especially with the history he had. He probably does have serious mental issues, and hopefully a person with highly qualified creditials will be retained to assess his mental (in)stability. If he is found to be insane, I hope they put him away in an institution in isolation and throw the key away. If the lawyer is successful in getting him anything less, I hope the lawyer sleeps well at night believing that he "did the right thing".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: "Alledged" Child Murderer to undergo psychiatric tests Jan 05, 2010
Find me a tree and some rope for this guy. I like our western culture but our society is sick sometimes I think. Criminals have more rights than the victims it seems. Why should we pay 100K a year to keep some axe murderer in jail? Some will argue that an innocent person could slip through the cracks and be done away wrongly. I think for the better of all society we should have capital punishment. Heaven forbide it would ever be one of my own family that would be tried wrongly, but for the betterment of all I would be willing to take the chance. With DNA testing and advanced forensics we are far more advanced in ciminology today. The lawyers are spending too much time and money defending people of crimes they are guilty of.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

I believe he'll get the death penalty nothing less "crossing my fingers"

but look how some are driven by feelings more than facts. now just bcz the guy was a British well, lets give him a couple of excuses and be nice with him LOL this is from the other thread:

BlackburnRovers wrote:I personally agree that the death sentence should be used for smuggling 4kg of heroin

However, what is true is that China applies the death sentence very liberally and doesnt really care about the value of human life, Chinese or foreign.

They execute people for not paying taxes and taking bribes, not to mention how they imposed their rule in Tibet........so I wouldnt trust that everyone they execute is worthy of such a punishment

Chocoholic wrote:China executes more people every year than anywhere else in the world.

However, it's pretty obvious that the guy wasn't sane, if you read the whole story. Going to Poland to record a pop record to promote world peace - er HELLO!

Just goes to show, don't trust anyone that ever asks you to take anything anywhere, always lock your luggage, because unfortunately guys like the Chinese will just throw the book at you regardless. Their human rights are appalling, well they don't have any do they!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaany way, studies should be done on such ppl wither he'll get executed or not, it is done in the USA to know the mentality of such ppl and the motives behind such behaviors to learn to spot similar the early signs and spot them on others and try to prevent such criminal acts
uaekid

this is a new similar case.
why can't those ppl grape a prostitute from the street? what's with all the violence.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll ... 49848/1010

he deserved it, this woman had no time for the judgment system to take place. sometimes you just have to take matters with your own hands.. good for her
uaekid

uaekid wrote:I believe he'll get the death penalty nothing less "crossing my fingers"

but look how some are driven by feelings more than facts. now just bcz the guy was a British well, lets give him a couple of excuses and be nice with him LOL this is from the other thread:

BlackburnRovers wrote:I personally agree that the death sentence should be used for smuggling 4kg of heroin

However, what is true is that China applies the death sentence very liberally and doesnt really care about the value of human life, Chinese or foreign.

They execute people for not paying taxes and taking bribes, not to mention how they imposed their rule in Tibet........so I wouldnt trust that everyone they execute is worthy of such a punishment

Which part of my quote did you constitue as "being nice with him" ?

i supported the death penalty but didnt trust Chinese judgment on it application. The UAE, Malaysia, for e.g. get their death sentences right as compared to China or Iran
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

canuckbid wrote:Find me a tree and some rope for this guy. I like our western culture but our society is sick sometimes I think. Criminals have more rights than the victims it seems. Why should we pay 100K a year to keep some axe murderer in jail? Some will argue that an innocent person could slip through the cracks and be done away wrongly. I think for the better of all society we should have capital punishment. Heaven forbide it would ever be one of my own family that would be tried wrongly, but for the betterment of all I would be willing to take the chance. With DNA testing and advanced forensics we are far more advanced in ciminology today. The lawyers are spending too much time and money defending people of crimes they are guilty of.

I got some rope you can have
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Its just amazing how people turn psycho right after committing a crime.
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

How can you even compare the British guy, duped into taking heroine with a guy that deliberately lured, abused, raped and murdered a little boy?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:How can you even compare the British guy, duped into taking heroine with a guy that deliberately lured, abused, raped and murdered a little boy?!

drugs kills millions not one, it is a rap of human kind. thats why I compare it. but you can't see that bcz he is a brit. go to sleep hon.
uaekid

uaekid wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:How can you even compare the British guy, duped into taking heroine with a guy that deliberately lured, abused, raped and murdered a little boy?!

drugs kills millions not one, it is a rap of human kind. thats why I compare it. but you can't see that bcz he is a brit. go to sleep hon.

erm no I don't see him as a Brit actually - did you not see his name? Hardly 'John Smith'. Just as the accused in this case isn't a true Emirati, he's Pakistani any which way you look at it. YOU just use it as a excuse to justify things once again. The two are not comparable.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat