Rapture Day

Topic locked
Rapture Day May 20, 2011
'Rapture' apocalypse prediction sparks atheist reaction

US atheists are to hold parties in response to an evangelical broadcaster's prediction that Saturday will be "judgement day".

The Rapture After Party in North Carolina - "the best damned party in NC" - is among the planned events.

Harold Camping, 89, predicts that Jesus Christ will return to earth on Saturday and true believers will be swept up, or "raptured", to heaven.

He has used broadcasts and billboards to publicise his ideas.

He says biblical texts indicate that a giant earthquake on Saturday will mark the start of the world's destruction, and that by 21 October all non-believers will be dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13468131

Which reminds me - young eh is very coy when it comes to whether he is one of those American Christians who believe in 'rapture' - that he'll disappear one day in a poof! :shock:

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rapture Day May 21, 2011
Well I will lay money that he EH won't be a suicide bomber! Wouldn't be so confident with our resident angry old man Sir Shafique!

Wouldn't want to stand next to you on the London Underground :violent3:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Rapture Day May 21, 2011
Well, in some parts of the world it is already Sunday 22nd May - and the world is still here.

Ho hum. Perhaps the world will end in 2012 as some others believe.

(But perhaps before midnight a whole load of American 'believers' will disappear in a puff of smoke?? Let's wait and see tomorrow - perhaps the Churches there will be eerily empty??? :shock: )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rapture Day May 22, 2011
US atheists are to hold parties in response to an evangelical broadcaster's prediction that Saturday will be "judgement day".

I heard the good Friday and the easter sunday..but why Saturday?..I hope this evangelical sect is not a jewish zionist conspiracy on the christians? just as qadianism was on the indian muslims.. :lol:
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Rapture Day May 24, 2011
:mrgreen:

You've got to love this guy for sheer chutzpah:

The evangelical broadcaster who left followers crestfallen by his failed prediction that last Saturday would be Judgement Day says he miscalculated.

Harold Camping said it had "dawned" on him that God would spare humanity "hell on Earth for five months" and the apocalypse would happen on 21 October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796

Let's re-visit in October then. :bounce:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rapture Day May 24, 2011
Why ? Somebody apply for an extension ?
desertdudeshj

Re: Rapture Day May 25, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Why ? Somebody apply for an extension ?

Did your residents visa run out :shock:
Bethsmum

Re: Rapture Day May 25, 2011
Oh, I thought this thread was about some sort of sleep in. :o Was getting my best nighty out. :wink: I guess I don't have to tell Mr BB to take the day off. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums