Perfumes Anybody? Fast Fast Answer Is Needed

Topic locked
Perfumes anybody? fast fast answer is needed Jul 13, 2006
Hello,

today i'm goin to dubai and i'm goin to the mall of emirates and i want to buy either 212 or gucci rush or hugo deep blue but i don't know the prices in here, the prices in Jordan are around 150 Dirhams, are they the same in here? if you know any good perfume for men please tell! 2anany ree7a bel 3araby ma tda2e2o 3ala kilmet perfume :P.

Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 13, 2006
Rami best place to buy designer perfumes is the mall across the street from AL Ain center off of Bank street. I forgot the name of the center itself maybe Al khaleej center ?? anyway they have the best deals and you will even find colognes carried by them that you wont find in paris gallery for example.

sorry cant help with the prices, best of luck.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
Rami, many of the commercial perfumes are made out of synthetic scents and other possibly harmful chemicals. You should give the local perfume a try because most are made from real essential oils (at least that is what they told me :)). I think the local perfumes are more luxurious. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 13, 2006
thank you very much MaaaD and kanelli, kanelli i want to try this local one called Jesh! any idea where i can get it? and how much does it cost? thank you
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 13, 2006
No, sorry, don't know that one. Which company makes it? In Mall of the Emirates there are a few perfume shops that you can visit, and since Summer Surprises is going on you may be able to get a deal. You'd have to visit the shops and talk to the salespeople to see about that. Ibn Battuta has two perfume shops as well, Arabian Oud and I can't remember the name of the other one. Good luck!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 13, 2006
ok i am here and when it comes to perfume i am ur gal... go to Areeg its better ... Rush is realy bad ... Bvlgari Notte is sooo nice... stay away from Aqua perfumes every one wear them :? try Armani Black code its yummy... Armani mania too ... fendi has a very nice perfume...and at the end of the day ur smell represents ur character so use ur nose and instinct and u will be fine ....ENJOY :)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
Real men only wear Brut :lol:

Im sure Dave will regale you with tales of how he pulled hundreds of women with the secret love potion that he uses

:wink:

PS - I dont wear perfume but my bro swears my Polo, Lacoste and Farenheit...which i think smells like a hospital :(
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
umm guys its cologne for men .. perfume for women !!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
Perfume

Perfume is the strongest normal concentration of fragrances. Put just a little perfume on you and the fragrance will stay with you for hours or days. Women's fragrances have traditionally been in perfume strength. Women put a small amount of perfume on in the morning or evening and it lasts the rest of the day and can still be detected for several days even after a shower.

Cologne

Cologne is somewhat dilluted in strength compared to perfume. A spray application needs a weaker strength of fragrance than pefume. Cologne is applied well as a spray if you use a short spray. You will often see women spray the air and walk into the mist to avoid getting too much fragrance on their skin and clothing. Cologne is useful, but too strong for the tastes of many when used as a spray. Cologne is also found in bottles to be applied like perfume (no spray). To differentiate a men's product from women's products, cologne has been stereotyped into being a male-only strength fragrance, but women's fragrances do come in cologne-strength as well (take a look at your local store sometime.) Cologne provides a fairly strong scent for the whole day. Cologne is usually not detectable a day or two later after taking a shower etc.

source: http://dsmlingerie.com/dsm/lure/perfvcol.html
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
KeithL wrote:Real men only wear Brut :lol:

Im sure Dave will regale you with tales of how he pulled hundreds of women with the secret love potion that he uses

:wink:

PS - I dont wear perfume but my bro swears my Polo, Lacoste and Farenheit...which i think smells like a hospital :(

I hate Fahrenheit :evil: :evil: it sucks
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
Corcovado wrote:I hate Fahrenheit :evil: :evil: it sucks

Guess what I'll be flushing down the toilet when I get home!!! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 13, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Perfumes anybody? fast fast answer is needed Jul 13, 2006
only those people need perfume , who stink , i never needed it :) .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 13, 2006
the_zooter wrote:

see you are doing it again Zooter

...............................AG pushes Zooter out the way, once again

Armani Black code is very "in" at the moment, which is why i wear it 8)

Corcs - i'm still yer man

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 13, 2006
its proven :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
:D :D :D :D :D

we had best be carefull Corcs - i dont want this to send Zoots over the edge and especially having wasted a bottle of Fahrenheit

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:
the_zooter wrote:

see you are doing it again Zooter

...............................AG pushes Zooter out the way, once again

Armani Black code is very "in" at the moment, which is why i wear it 8)

Corcs - i'm still yer man

What?? Your stock pile of High Karate finally ran out?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 13, 2006
HP & Corc, I think I'll be able to preside over the ceremony.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
Concord wrote:HP & Corc, I think I'll be able to preside over the ceremony.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado, rush is not that bad :D it's ok, anyways i went to the stores tried everything lol, but believe it or not, a nice Filipino lady was standing with two bottles and she was like would like to try them please? this's in AD's Carfur<-- please spell check it as i ALWAYS spell it wrong :oops: ANYWAYS, and after i tried it, i really liked it! it was simple yet it sticks and gives you nice memories -for some unknown reason-it's called Adam, i like it! it's so cheap though 34 dirhams and it comes with a body spray LOL, some will say "dude you are cheap" I AM NOT, i liked it :-s is it wrong liking something that is cheap? i always bought the so called 'designer' perfumes/cologne/3o6or :P and still that didn't add or take anything from who i am.

so anyways, thnx for the great help :D and i suggest we make a post called what's your favorite Perfume/Cologne.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 14, 2006
kanelli wrote:Rami, many of the commercial perfumes are made out of synthetic scents and other possibly harmful chemicals. You should give the local perfume a try because most are made from real essential oils (at least that is what they told me :)). I think the local perfumes are more luxurious. :D

nice to see u back kanelli........i tried arabain perfume.......it was too stromg for me......the box was good though.......made by some Swiss Arabian perfumes
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
rami the best/cheapest place to buy designer perfumes that i have found is just outside of dubai in sharjah, i didn't spend long enough in the country to learn the name of the market/mall but it is by the burhaira corniche (probs misspelt) opposite the crystal plaza, and it it looks like two victorian train stations from the outside. well i hope that was enough directions :) .and i think gucci rush for women is really nice, in fact my friend brought the same from this mall for a fraction of the price u would pay in the uk. For ladies i also love john paul gautier corset, beautiful, in fact even his male perfume is really nice, however, as already mentioned, lately Armani black code seems to be taking off, and i still think hugo boss is really really nice.
wannabe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

once again.. Jul 14, 2006
thank you for the information wanna be, i guess i know the place but i also don't know the name as i'm new to UAE, anyways, i heard that sean john's Unforgiveable for me is really nice! i didn't see it here if anyone tried it or saw it tell me what you think i just wanna know.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 14, 2006
well me no likey hugo boss perfumes ...so predictable .. trust me i have a really good nose :wink:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
fayz wrote:What?? Your stock pile of High Karate finally ran out?

:lol:
You know what - I bet he really has got some of that too!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat