Dubai Too Fast

Topic locked
Dubai too fast Oct 18, 2007
Duba is growing way too fast. Isnt such a growth dangerous to the economy?

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai too fast Oct 18, 2007
bsorc wrote:Duba is growing way too fast. Isnt such a growth dangerous to the economy?

Can you tell us where is Duba so that we can comment?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
bsorc wrote:Duba is growing way too fast. Isnt such a growth dangerous to the economy?

Can you tell us where is Duba so that we can comment?

I think he means Dibba.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Yes it is. Yes it is.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 18, 2007
Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, but the government is doing everything to asure that the economy does not crash, so far they have succeeded
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 26, 2007
hamadl wrote:Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, but the government is doing everything to asure that the economy does not crash, so far they have succeeded

With the AED pegged to the US Dollar does not help its cause considering Dubai is made up of mostly expats.

What are they going to do as more and more labour shortages are predicted on the horizon?

Cheers markco2
markco2
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 13, 2007
I'm really getting affected by the decrease in value of the USD/AED now. If this continued, I will consider going back to my country since by then the salaries there is almost the same with mine working here.
But even if thousands did the same, i don't think it might cause labor shortage here as there seem to be an infinite supply of cheap labor from the poorer countries.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat