Mall Murder

Topic locked
Mall murder Jun 22, 2009
Sharjah: Parents of a victim have pardoned the killer of their son after he paid them Dh1 million blood money, court source told Gulf News.
The victim, a Palestinian in his twenties, was playing with his son in a Sharjah shopping mall when he was murdered by M.A., an Emirati, over a disagreement concerning their children in the mall's play area.
Honestly what the heck - you can now be murdered in a mall over issues of children playing.....

edit: am placing the above text in bold because some half blind people like uaekid cannot see the context in which topic is being raised.

michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
The more worrying aspect is the money part. You kill, and are rich, just pay off the victim to shut up.
Should justice be based on money ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 22, 2009
even worse - these guys with blood on their hands are now roaming around freely. you may run into them anytime, anywhere.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
if you wana discuss a case or bash UAE in this onr then make it clear to everyone or at least post the entire article.

here you go.. and I'll highlight the important sections ..

Sharjah: Parents of a victim have pardoned the killer of their son after he paid them Dh1 million blood money, court source told Gulf News.
The father of the killer earlier offered an unlimited amount of blood money to the murder victim's parents to pardon him for a crime he committed nine years ago.
The parents have already accepted Dh1 million in blood money (diya) after they demanded their son's killer be executed. The victim, a Palestinian in his twenties, was playing with his son in a Sharjah shopping mall when he was murdered by M.A., an Emirati, over a disagreement concerning their children in the mall's play area.
The victim's wife was in hospital at the time giving birth to their second child.

The appeal court in Sharjah coordinated with the Sharia court in Jordan where the victim's family lives to get a reply regarding accepting Dh1 million as blood money offered by the killer's father.
The approval came from Jordan after one year.
The Sharia Court of First Instance in Sharjah handed down the death sentence which was upheld by the Appeal Court and also confirmed by the Supreme Court in Abu Dhabi.
After being pardoned by the victim's parents he was sentenced to three years in jail and ordered to pay the blood money. The killer was released recently.At the time of the crime nine years ago, the victim asked the other child at the play area in the mall to share a toy, but the child's mother grew angry and called her husband.
Several minutes later, M.A. rushed to the play area with a metal tool and hit the victim on the head.

what is wrong here ? the case went to court as any case .... the family pardonded the killer... the killer was sentenced to a death sentence at the gegining...... he spent 9 years in jail. what is worrying you in the law feild ? or is it just bcz it is an emarati who did it ?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 22, 2009
Well done to UAE Kid for shedding a bit more light......it just goes to show how a lack of information can taint a story one way or the other (by the way, it says three years in jail, not nine! :wink: ).

I do think that even though it may seem distasteful to some that people seem to literally "get away with murder", we should always remember that when cases like this go to Sharia Law, it has to be accepted that there are different ways of doing things, and that yes, the payment of money is also seen as suitable atonement for the crime.

On another note, if the guy who did it was offering an unlimited amount of money, I'm surprised the victim's family settled for only a million......
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
so blueorb and uaekid are justfying that 1 million or an infinte amount of money and 3 or 9 years in jail can replace your son's life.

well - the article was raised - that for someone to lose their child, father, husband over sharing of toys is life lost over nothing.

If I wanted to comment on the faults of legal system - i would have pasted the entire article and commented on it. I didnt - uaekid did - so you just exposed the faults of your own system. if you see any article which mention locals as criminals, why dont you sit in Gulf news and or the other local papers and censor the news.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
so let me get this right.
This savage kills somebody and is given a sentence of 3 years and allowed to roam the streets because he can afford to pay AED1m?

What sort of world do we live in and what sort of system are we governed by?

The money should have been taken in compensation and the execution carried out.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 22, 2009
smoggie wrote:so let me get this right.
This savage kills somebody and is given a sentence of 3 years and allowed to roam the streets because he can afford to pay AED1m?

What sort of world do we live in and what sort of system are we governed by?

The money should have been taken in compensation and the execution carried out.

and who are you to determine what is best for the victim family ? they had both choices in hand and choice what they saw best or justifying enough ... I'm not arguing about the blood money but there is something called ( mercy and forgiveness) maybe you don't have it but others do

don't get me wrong, I mean if it's my son I will kill the guy my self but in this case as you can see the guy did jail time and was forgiven from the family or other wise the execution was going to happen eventually .. now if you have a problem take it with the victim family not the system..
uaekid

Jun 22, 2009
"and who are you to determine what is best for the victim family ? they had both choices in hand and choice what they saw best or justifying enough ... I'm not arguing about the blood money but there is something called ( mercy and forgiveness)"

Where is the justice for the victim?

"maybe you don't have it but others do " "don't get me wrong, I mean if it's my son I will kill the guy my self"

I rest my case
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 22, 2009
Firstly, I never said that Dh1m makes up for losing a child, especially through a murder like this. Secondly, If he had killed my child, i would probably have killed him.

I was just making the point that things work differently in this region, and punishments and penalties can make it seem like someone gets away with acts like this lightly, where in Europe or the US they would get significantly longer in prison, without the option of buying themselves out of it.

Also, I fully agree with the sentiment regarding the kind of world we live in, wherever we are in the world, when a grown man kills another over kids playing with toys.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
BlueOrb wrote:Firstly, I never said that Dh1m makes up for losing a child, especially through a murder like this. Secondly, If he had killed my child, i would probably have killed him.

I was just making the point that things work differently in this region, and punishments and penalties can make it seem like someone gets away with acts like this lightly, where in Europe or the US they would get significantly longer in prison, without the option of buying themselves out of it.

Also, I fully agree with the sentiment regarding the kind of world we live in, wherever we are in the world, when a grown man kills another over kids playing with toys.

Too right things work differently.

If it had been a penniless "foreigner" do you think the same "merciful" justice would be shown?........ Uae kid?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 22, 2009
I like how the father gets the money for the loss of his adult son, while the murderer's family isn't obligated to pay anything to the widow who was giving birth in hospital and the two children left fatherless.

The main problem with putting someone in jail for 3 years and allowing them to pay 1 million in blood money does not solve the problem that this man could be a further danger to society. Everyone can hope he just had anger problems that he has since worked on, but if he turns out to be a violent psychopath, then he is free to hurt or kill another person again.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Mall murder Jun 22, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:Sharjah: Parents of a victim have pardoned the killer of their son after he paid them Dh1 million blood money, court source told Gulf News.
The victim, a Palestinian in his twenties, was playing with his son in a Sharjah shopping mall when he was murdered by M.A., an Emirati, over a disagreement concerning their children in the mall's play area.
Honestly what the heck - you can now be murdered in a mall over issues of children playing.....

edit: am placing the above text in bold because some half blind people like uaekid cannot see the context in which topic is being raised.

To think of it..what is this world coming to..if the victims family did want to forgive the killer...they should have just done it...why take the Blood money????....how is it gonna help??......seems like they just traded their childs life for money..and the killer...should such a person be walking on the streets...rather should be hanged upside down for the rest of his life
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
at last common sense prevails.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 23, 2009
Well with a good lawyer he would have pleaded temporary insanity or some other crock like that and got away scott free in the U.S or where ever. Here he spent time in the slammer plus payed a lot of blood money. Which the family may have accepted as now there bread winner of the family is gone.

Although it won't bring the deceased back but might make the life easier for the ones left behind. Maybe the mother was thinking of the future of the now fatherless young kid left behind.

If you were to think with a cool head and not just raw emotion this makes better sense. Although I agree the jail term should have been longer.

Who are we to judge as to what circumstances lead to what ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 23, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Well with a good lawyer he would have pleaded temporary insanity or some other crock like that and got away scott free in the U.S or where ever. Here he spent time in the slammer plus payed a lot of blood money. Which the family may have accepted as now there bread winner of the family is gone.

Although it won't bring the deceased back but might make the life easier for the ones left behind. Maybe the mother was thinking of the future of the now fatherless young kid left behind.

If you were to think with a cool head and not just raw emotion this makes better sense. Although I agree the jail term should have been longer.

Who are we to judge as to what circumstances lead to what ?

Well, I think we have a right to judge because this person is now released back into the society that we live. So he payed AED 1m? so what? What if he was rich? Then that is no punishment whatsoever.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 23, 2009
it's seems you are concern about your life more than anything , you don't know the criminal record of the 80% expats you are living among, so your neighbor could be a cereal killer including you LOL.. now you will live paranoid all your life here LOL
uaekid

Jun 23, 2009
uaekid wrote:.... cereal killer including you LOL.....

cereal killer? You mean he kills his and other's breakfast??? ;-)
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 23, 2009
to what kanelli, smoggie and sk added - the fact that they are released back to society and may still pose further danger is a risk to the rest of the community.

uaekid - expats go through quite a formal procedure to get here. the authorities here can easily find out if an expat has had a criminal record prior to coming here if they want to.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 23, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:to what kanelli, smoggie and sk added - the fact that they are released back to society and may still pose further danger is a risk to the rest of the community.

uaekid - expats go through quite a formal procedure to get here. the authorities here can easily find out if an expat has had a criminal record prior to coming here if they want to.

I even disagree with the death penalty he got in the first place bcz it was unintentional. the fight yes but not the intention to kill. this is every where. Just like when you run over a man crossing the street. You had the intention of speeding but not to kill.
In such cases 10-15 would be enough in my opinion. .
uaekid

Jun 23, 2009
^He hit the guy with a "metal tool." Generally you want to cause severe bodily harm or death if you're using a striking weapon.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 23, 2009
smoggie wrote:Well, I think we have a right to judge because this person is now released back into the society that we live. So he payed AED 1m? so what? What if he was rich? Then that is no punishment whatsoever.

Well worse criminals get released on parole into the general public daily in the US. And UAEkid is right to say that there are many expats here with very very dodgy past lives living among us here.

So you better be carefull when your out and about ! :shock:
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 23, 2009
And the widow, the court did not ask her if she pardonned the killer of her husband? what does the father has to do with anything here
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 23, 2009
capsicum wrote:And the widow, the court did not ask her if she pardonned the killer of her husband? what does the father has to do with anything here

the represent her Mr. negative.
uaekid

Jun 23, 2009
ha ha ha, cereal killer :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 23, 2009
LOL it is funny, comaan give the local guy a break LOL
uaekid

Jun 24, 2009
capsicum wrote:And the widow, the court did not ask her if she pardonned the killer of her husband? what does the father has to do with anything here

Another lovely rule, the father of the deceased man is the one the courts deal with, not the widow. It is the same if a man dies of any cause, the law here says the money and assets go to the father, not the wife or children. One can only hope that the father gives the money and assets back to the wife and children.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 24, 2009
kanelli wrote:

Another lovely rule, the father of the deceased man is the one the courts deal with, not the widow. It is the same if a man dies of any cause, the law here says the money and assets go to the father, not the wife or children. One can only hope that the father gives the money and assets back to the wife and children.

I'm passed you being a racist and the fact that you should be worried about your country problems or what ever country you are living in but the fact that you have this much lack of knowledge of a cretin system and you preach about it is a another story.
uaekid

Jun 24, 2009
i live in the UAE, and it is not my country, however i DO worry about this kind of middle ages rules if they are true. so where is kanelli lack of knowledge, do you mean that what she said is not true, or are you saying that the UAE has a cretin system..
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 24, 2009
capsicum wrote:i live in the UAE, and it is not my country, however i DO worry about this kind of middle ages rules if they are true. so where is kanelli lack of knowledge, do you mean that what she said is not true, or are you saying that the UAE has a cretin system..

will she doesn't know ( or act like) that the father can represent the widow, just like a lawyer represent you and it has to be a written approval from the widow. I thought this is a common sense.

UAE has an out dated system I'll give you that but in this case things seems to be in order
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat