Murder In JBR

Topic locked
Murder in JBR Mar 29, 2009
So my friend walked out of his apartment yesterday and was shoved into a police car. They started questioning him and brought him to the scene of a crime where a man lay dead, shot in the head, and another man was sitting there bleeding, aparently the dead man's body guard. They asked the body guard if my friend was the guy who did it and he said no so they let my friend go. These guys were locals I think. They were next to a G-wagon and my friend says they were speaking arabic.

This is the second murder in JBR within a year.

How do you even get a gun in this country?

maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2009
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 29, 2009
Guessing it's a mafia hit or something. But why in the world was your friend picked up?
Pankaj
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 29, 2009
He happened to walk into the scene of the crime as he was going to his car. Talk about scared shitless
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2009
maximusprime wrote:He happened to walk into the scene of the crime as he was going to his car. Talk about scared shitless

Jeez. Screw JBR! Been there only once and got spooked by all the empty apartments. Who knows what kind of people own them.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 29, 2009
This and the morning rain makes me think I'm back in London.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 29, 2009
there's not much details on the news article really.
am i right or is this the second murder in a month ( murder in ibn batuta mall car park).

rch
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 29, 2009
anybody know which apartment this was? like rimal 1,2,3,4 etc ?!?!

im stayin their in 2 weeks!!!! im scared now!
charlotte2603
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 29, 2009
He was probably killed by Russian secret services. They have been assassinating Chechens all over the world. Sad thing is even if caught they will be released, but more likely there will be a cover up.

Anyone here familiar with Amir Khattab? A great warrior, leader, friend and brother. Shame that many of todays youth look at Christiano Ronaldo as their heros, or, even worst, gangter rappers
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe the killer thought he was the son of Madoff, considering his name was Madov... ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 29, 2009
moejoe wrote:He was probably killed by Russian secret services. They have been assassinating Chechens all over the world. Sad thing is even if caught they will be released, but more likely there will be a cover up.

Anyone here familiar with Amir Khattab? A great warrior, leader, friend and brother. Shame that many of todays youth look at Christiano Ronaldo as their heros, or, even worst, gangter rappers

The Russian secret service will do to Dubai wat they've done in Austria......
Was reading bout Amir Khattab.......n i gotta say, he led one action packed life!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2009
gtmash wrote:
maximusprime wrote:He happened to walk into the scene of the crime as he was going to his car. Talk about scared shitless

Jeez. Screw JBR! Been there only once and got spooked by all the empty apartments. Who knows what kind of people own them.

Hey GT, does this mean your not going to be moving there?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 30, 2009
It was in Rimal 5 parking garage.
I heard it was some sort of political assasination. Apparently the guy was some rebel commander or something.

Still safe in JBR unless you are involved in some crazy business that follows you here.

Lebenese Pop Singer steals money, tries to have her husband killed = stabbed in her apartment

Chechnyan rebel flees to Dubai = shot in the parking lot

Me = safe...... for now
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 30, 2009
ooh it says on gulf news it was rimal 6 building car parking.
charlotte2603
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 30, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:

I once parked underground there, in the resident's parking, and it took me ages to find my way out on foot as I wanted to go to The Walk. That parking lot was so retardedly confusing that I can see how people can get shot, raped, stabbed and anal-probed, without witnesses.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 30, 2009
GT, I hear you man.... its a maze.

"anal-probed" - hahaha

gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:

I once parked underground there, in the resident's parking, and it took me ages to find my way out on foot as I wanted to go to The Walk. That parking lot was so retardedly confusing that I can see how people can get shot, raped, stabbed and anal-probed, without witnesses.
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 30, 2009
So what has happ now to this case ?
immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 30, 2009
immortal01 wrote:So what has happ now to this case ?

The Police not saying much. The victim was a soldier who fought against the Russians in the mid 90s
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 31, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
immortal01 wrote:So what has happ now to this case ?

The Police not saying much. The victim was a soldier who fought against the Russians in the mid 90s

Must have been some kind of gangster though
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 31, 2009
K-Dog wrote:The Police not saying much. The victim was a soldier who fought against the Russians in the mid 90s

Everyone in Chechnya fought against Russia those times. Recently he was an enemy number 1 of the current president (governor) of Chechnya Mr. Kadyrov and a general of the only independent from Kadyrov military force.

They (their clans) fought for power and influence in Chechnya a year ago. Many people think they have some sort of a feud, that has been a cause of many incidents in the Caucas area for handreds years...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 31, 2009
I guess, due to the recession, 7DAYS fired all their real journalists and hired school kids to write their stories. Here is this one:

Assassins at large print this article email this article post your comments

Tuesday 31 Mar, 2009

Two bodyguards wrestled with trained assassins - who are still at large - before they gunned down a Chechen military commander in Dubai on Saturday, Russian media said.

Both print and radio media have carried interviews with Isa Yamadayev, who said the bodyguards were injured as they fought to save Isa’s brother, Sulim.

Kommersant newspaper also cited Chechens living in Dubai as saying that Sulim’s Kazakhstan bodyguard was either pistol-whipped or hit by an electric shock as he rushed to block the first of three shots that hit Yamadayev.

Sulim reportedly tried to defend himself after the first shot but was gunned down.

The reports support an account given to 7DAYS by a man, who said his friend saw one of the pistol-whipped bodyguards waiting for ambulance beside Yamadayev’s blood-soaked body at Jumeirah Beach Residence.

Isa told the Russian media that he rushed to Dubai after hearing of the shooting. He initially hoped that his brother was still alive but police have confirmed that Sulim is dead.

The family are now planning to return his body to Chechnya for their second funeral in recent months. Another brother, Ruslan, was shot dead in Moscow in similar circumstances in September.

Both had been declared “enemies of the Chechen people” by their bitter enemy, Chechen president, Ramzan Kadyrov, and military forces loyal to both sides were in open conflict last year.

Meanwhile, Amnesty Intern-ational said it will closely monitor the investigation. An Amnesty spokeswoman said the human rights group would be seeking more information on the assassination.

gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 31, 2009
Russian leaders claim Chechnya is a lawless and bandit country and a hotbed of Islamic terrorism..

rch
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 31, 2009
LOL. Shoot from the past...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 01, 2009
looks like there's a battle to see who can outspin who going on.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7974777.stm
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat