Karting Final Plans

Topic locked
Jul 28, 2006
Yes Nick it was great to meet you finally :)

Everyone looked awesome out there speeding around the track! We spectators enjoyed the fender benders and spin outs. :lol:

Karting should definitely happen again, but perhaps in the cooler months :wink:

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 28, 2006
What a buzz! Had a brill time!

Maybe now I'll pluck up the courage to venture out into the Arabian roads!!
maryellen
Dubai Forum User

Jul 28, 2006
how did you managed that if your location is "manchester" :shock:
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2006
It was a great idea, Thanks Cargirl !!! for sure should be done again in the winter ..

It was nice meeting you apl, Nick and Jeevan ..and seeing the rest of you again :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 28, 2006
maryellen wrote:

catch me if you can :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 28, 2006
Thanks everybody for the great evening. It sure felt strange driving a real car right afterwards. I felt the urge of cutting some sharp corners around trucks on emirates road :)
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2006
This Thread is Useless without PICTURES !!!

:wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 29, 2006
kanelli wrote:EJ, we haven't seen you forever. You must come out next time! :)

sure, would love to catch up with you again kenelli!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 29, 2006
KeithL wrote:This Thread is Useless without PICTURES !!!

I second that, but you wont be obliged to see any.. You bloody outsider :lol:
easternjewel

Jul 29, 2006
I am back:),
hey cargirl thanks for making it possible, it was great meeting you all maad, kanelli, fazy habibi, nick, apl. though i was not driving i was part of the action trying to catch the action.:)finally i cud make it to one of the meets:)

peeps i havent yet downloaded the stuff on my machine as soon as i do it i will let ya all know how its turned out.

Next time we shud do this on a larger scale, more members so it happens like a real race pit stops, driver changes and stuff.

I enjoyed itttttttt!

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
hey guys check apls signature :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
My arms and shoulders are killing me... that Go Karting malarky is pretty hardcore! And I have blisters on my thumb? And for what? I didn't even win!!!!!! :cry:

So, what next crazy activity will we be participating in?? I want to go Zorbing!!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 29, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:My arms and shoulders are killing me... that Go Karting malarky is pretty hardcore! And I have blisters on my thumb? And for what? I didn't even win!!!!!! :cry:

So, what next crazy activity will we be participating in?? I want to go Zorbing!!

Snowboarding is a ton of fun! And its minus the sweat.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 29, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:My arms and shoulders are killing me... that Go Karting malarky is pretty hardcore! And I have blisters on my thumb? And for what? I didn't even win!!!!!! :cry:

but if ya dont know snowboarding ur bum would be in pain :lol: but i dont mind giving it a shot :)

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
KeithL wrote:This Thread is Useless without PICTURES !!!

I second that, but you wont be obliged to see any.. You bloody outsider :lol:

I would need to suss out the scene there before im an insider wouldnt i ?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 29, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:

Id be in for some snowboarding if its towards the end of August?
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 29, 2006
I just took a peek at the photographs:) :twisted: . a few cool one, not many of the action but pretty good to give a idea of what people did. And yea no ones faces are to be seen :lol:

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
Man u people need to see the videos :) the starting grid,the spin offs, the overtaking it rocks, some kick a## action in there.

:twisted:

Jerry

P.S - when do we get to do this again :D
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
Special thanks to CarGirl for organizing. When I'm back in the office, I'll scan and post the results without names. I will say though in race 2 the top 6 had an equal number of men and women so good on all of yah :)

Nic,Jeevan and the rest it was great meeting you, always nice to put a face with a nic, pun intended :lol: :lol:

Pretty Penny Snowboarding is a great idea I was also thinking a road trip to Salahla I'll do some organizing when I'm back from the UK, i was reminded it was my turn again to organize :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 29, 2006
How about when we recover :lol: :lol:

By the way the only person I didn't meet was Princess Banana!! Where were you hiding?? :lol:

Anyway a day at the "slopes" would be great! Definitely something to keep in mind... 8)
Nick81

Jul 29, 2006
how did you managed that if your location is "manchester"

Oops I should change that!
maryellen
Dubai Forum User

Jul 29, 2006
alrighty people,

what do you wan me to do with the pics, the ones in the complete suit without any faces (with helmets ) :) do u wan me t post them? and i guess i can post it on my website along with a write up if no ones identity is gonna be disclosed?:) i might earn some brownie points for the hits it generates :lol: . lemme know guys.

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
I wasn't hiding Nick... Just lagging at the back while you guys took 355 degree corners at 100mph!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 29, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
maryellen wrote:

catch me if you can :P

Next time Maad you'll eat my dust :lol: :lol:
maryellen
Dubai Forum User

Jul 29, 2006
I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to all those I collided with in qualifying. I was young and inexperienced and my actions were neither big, nor clever...
Dash Riprock
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 29, 2006
Dash Riprock wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to all those I collided with in qualifying. I was young and inexperienced and my actions were neither big, nor clever...

how do i guess who u are? :D

welcome to DF

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
hey Jeevs

Any way to get our hands on the video? Do you have any ways of hosting it? What about the pics? If we're all wearing helmets then I doubt there's any problems with posting them :P

Any group pics before we got in the karts though?
Nick81

Jul 29, 2006
Hey nick,

I am planning to do a nice writeup and post the pictures with the complete suit and helmets where no one can make out whos who on my website. about the other pictures i just have a couple of good shots During the brief for the group. i will mail it to you people, but just to the names that have been registered for the race :twisted:

The video i am going to make a movie out of it and burn it on a few cds and drop it off with one of you guys whos closest to everyone so you can collect it from him. or else organise another meet soon :lol: .

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
Jeevan, if you got a good internet connection you might want to consider www.yousendit.com to distribute the video (if it isnt really big) ..

looking forward to see those pics and videos .. thank you for taking them ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
PrettyPenny wrote:

but if ya dont know snowboarding ur bum would be in pain :lol: but i dont mind giving it a shot :)

jerry

Hey, I don't snowboard that well myself but its a blast anyway. And the coaches are cute! I'll try to organize one myself but I won't have any real time until September (travel, family, travel, work, yada, yada, yada). Mid September snowboarding then?
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat