How Long Can I Stay In Dubai

Topic locked
How long can I stay in Dubai Oct 31, 2008
For how long can I stay in Dubai searching for a job before they kick me out? I am european.

Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Re: How long can I stay in Dubai Oct 31, 2008
Simonee wrote:For how long can I stay in Dubai searching for a job before they kick me out? I am european.

You now only have 30 days on a visit visa. You can apply for a 6 month multi-entry visa if you like. Its new, so best of luck finding anyone in the Department of Immigration that knows anything about it!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 31, 2008
Cant I get a 90 days visa for 1000 DRH?
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 31, 2008
Simonee wrote:Cant I get a 90 days visa for 1000 DRH?

I think the 1000Dhs one is single entry 90 days. the answer is to go to The Department of Immigration (Trade Centre Road near the Trade Centre Roundabout) and ask in there...you might get an answer, but you will probably get conflicting information depending who you end up talking to.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 31, 2008
If you are from the "33" countries who get a 60 days visa upon arrival, you can just do visas runs to Hatta and a get another 60 days on each run -- giving you probabaly enough time to find a job!!
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 01, 2008
read somewhere that visa runs are not required for the visitors from privileged countries, they can go to the immigration department and get the visit visa again., confirm this one with the immigration officers..
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:If you are from the "33" countries who get a 60 days visa upon arrival, you can just do visas runs to Hatta and a get another 60 days on each run -- giving you probabaly enough time to find a job!!

I wish people would get their facts correct.

The 33 listed countries now only receive a 30 day visit visa.

Visa runs are now not possible because a visit visa cannot be renewed within 30 days of the last visit visa.

They may well renew at Hatta still, but when you leave via immigration at Dubai Airport you will be presented with a rather large overstay bill.

DK in another thread, has pointed out quite correctly that a 6 month multi entry visa can be purchased for 1000 Dhs.(for the 33 approved countries only)

I myself can confirm this as i entered the UAE at the very end of September and again last week. My wife and i were refused entry because we had returned within the 30 day period. We handed over 2000dhs for 2x multi entry visa's.
arniegang

Nov 01, 2008
arniegang wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:If you are from the "33" countries who get a 60 days visa upon arrival, you can just do visas runs to Hatta and a get another 60 days on each run -- giving you probabaly enough time to find a job!!

Visa runs are now not possible because a visit visa cannot be renewed within 30 days of the last visit visa.

They may well renew at Hatta still, but when you leave via immigration at Dubai Airport you will be presented with a rather large overstay bill.

DK in another thread, has pointed out quite correctly that a 6 month multi entry visa can be purchased for 1000 Dhs.(for the 33 approved countries only)

I myself can confirm this as i entered the UAE at the very end of September and again last week. My wife and i were refused entry because we had returned within the 30 day period. We handed over 2000dhs for 2x multi entry visa's.

I can also confirm that the 30 days visa given to the 33 countries nationals is good for 60 days. The DNRD confirmed that to me personally, and confirmed it to the many people who posted numerous threads in other sections of these forums (under Dubai Expat Help). In addition, what actually happens at the airport also confirms this fact (see the other related threads). My associate (US passport) was given a 30-day visa when arriving in early Sept. He stayed 49 days, did not renew, and left via DXB without paying any fines.

If you still have doubts, you can yourself get that verified to you by the DNRD, through the phone or in person.

Reg. the Hatta runs: the immigration system set in place at Hatta and at all the border crossings, and at all the UAE international airports, is linked to the same network. The visa you get at any of these locations is valid for all. Most, if not all, the Dubai people who do Hatta runs leave thru DXB or SHJ, and I have never heard of anyone getting fined for renewing via Hatta!

What happened to you at DXB is really odd. It’s against all the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It could be that the Immigration officer you encountered was not aware of the exemptions given to the 33 countries nationals (it’s a new rule, you know.) What is also odd is that, if the 30-day no return ban was indeed applicable to you, you would’ve had to return back and leave the country. Instead, they allowed you to purchase the 6-months multiple entry visa! Very strange!

By the way, with the 6-months visa, you need to remember that you still cannot stay more than 30 days on each visit.

Moreover, the visa rules published by Gulf News web site have been updated (last update on 18 Oct. 08). The newspaper also confirms that the 30 day visa for the 33 countries visitors is good for 60 days, and that the consecutive visa runs are allowed but only twice.

Here is the link for your reference:
http://www.gulfnews.com/uaessentials/re ... 67130.html
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 05, 2008
Confirm 60 days for the 33 countries go to immigration deptment,. pay 650 get a 30 day extention... that is my working knowledge from a friend,.:wink:
so in total 90 days ,..

I hear you could do a visa run to get another extention BUT check first.. :?:
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2008
again, i also feel compelled to highlight facts which contradict the wholly valid opinion of my learned fiend

regarding "visa runs", it is true that rules are in place to prohibit this practice, but in reality the execution of this is, unfortunately, dependant on the variable to which we all object

it is unquestionnably disciminatory, but it is unfortunately of little surpise that on the same weekend 400+ filipinas were stranded across the Omani border, friends from one of the 33 'approved' countries, namely the UK, were re-issued new visit visas / stamp at the border without question - it was their sixth consecutive visa run, during which time they've also been on two holidays

it would appear as with many issues, the rules are subjective and unfairly executed
funkygibbon
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 05, 2008
funkygibbon wrote:again, i also feel compelled to highlight facts which contradict the wholly valid opinion of my learned fiend

I don't see it as Contradicting me,. More adding first hand information
glad you posted :hippy2:

I had a feeling the "choosen countries" would NOT have a problem with visa runs ..just didn't know ,. Thanks :notworthy:
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2008
i'm on your side pete

you're the top banana
funkygibbon
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 07, 2008
Arnieganag,

Please also see the latest post by Hilbo in the Expat Help section under the topic "New Visa rules for UK passports". I copied it and pasted it below for your convenience!

Hello again,
I stayed in Dubai for more than 30 days. No problems going out.
I'm back in Dubai after 3 weeks in the Uk. No problems getting back in & I have a 60 day stamp. Hope this helps.
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2008
arniegang wrote:

Looks like they didn't like your face mate
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat