Crap Or True

Topic locked
crap or true Jan 26, 2009
I got this from today newspaper, a survey made by Dubai authority of society development, what do you think ? crap or true

Dubai is a safe city :
Locals % saying yes 94%
Arabs % saying yes 92%
Asians % saying yes 91%
Westerns % saying yes 98%

locals agreeing to The need to promote social inclusion and integration of those who do not have identification papers are only 66%

locals agreeing to the inclusion and Promoting social integration of those who are previous drugs addicts are 16%

locals agreeing to the inclusion and integration of those who are HIV infected are 13%

(this demonstrates the lack of awareness and acceptance of how to deal with this category of society, saying that the Authority has developed among the programs to be implemented by building on the results of the study, rehabilitation centers for drug addicts and to ensure social inclusion of people with serious infectious diseases such as AIDS)

Equality in dealing with everyone government agencies

Locals % saying yes 88%
Arabs % saying yes 83%
Asians % saying yes 57%
Westerns % saying yes 82%

Equality in the handling of the police and judicial authorities with everyone

Locals % saying yes 91%
Arabs % saying yes 88%
Asians % saying yes 62%
Westerns % saying yes 82%

Freedom of Religious practice

Locals % saying yes 95%
Arabs % saying yes 88%
Asians % saying yes 78%
Westerns % saying yes 90%

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 26, 2009
CRAP.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
Well the HIV statistic is interesting...anyone coming from outside the UAE is tested and immediately ejected if found to be HIV Positive. So those figures must be for people already here with the disease...or locals?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 26, 2009
I saw this similar article with headline on Gulf news: "City of trust and tolerance" and almost fell off my seat.

only it says survey done by Community Development Authority (CDA)?????

What about this quoted fact? "There are 1.5 million residents in Dubai out of which 1.1 million are males, according to the 2007 Dubai government census"???? something wrong in the figure here???

Also quoting article: "About 75 per cent of Dubai's residents, including Emiratis, have a high level of tolerance and trust towards various cultures and nationalities in the emirate". From what I witness, its definitely overquoted!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
conclusion: super crap!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
HIV Statistics can only be for Foreigners as their is no mechanism for the compulsorary testing of Nationals.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
Personally I say true...

Its indeed a safe city, no matter what you say...

Equality in dealing with everyone government agencies? we all know its not true, however, my personal experience with the Dubai government is always great. unless you deal with the government of Ajamn or Sharjah :D

Equality in handling of the police and judicial authorities with everyone: My personal experience say very true... I had many cases were the police can easily take the local guy's side but justice always was on my side... never to mention that my dad won a case in the courts against a very high ranking local guy in the police who got direct connection with the sheiks...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 26, 2009
uaekid, which paper did you get that from?

Crappy GN says:

'The Dubai First Social Study' - conducted by The (CDA) and aimed at evaluating social needs and lifestyle - surveyed 2,561 households, including 714 Emiratis, 1,042 Asians, 148 westerners, 620 Arabs and 37 people without documents.

Dont tell me just 2561 households is representative of the entire UAE population.

I can do a survey of just 10 people. if 9 say they are overpaid can i conlcude that 90% of UAE is overpaid?
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Well the HIV statistic is interesting...anyone coming from outside the UAE is tested and immediately ejected if found to be HIV Positive. So those figures must be for people already here with the disease...or locals?

Knight

I guess locals, many has the disease now. but the GOV now asks for the test before getting married
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:uaekid, which paper did you get that from?

Crappy GN says:

'The Dubai First Social Study' - conducted by The (CDA) and aimed at evaluating social needs and lifestyle - surveyed 2,561 households, including 714 Emiratis, 1,042 Asians, 148 westerners, 620 Arabs and 37 people without documents.

Dont tell me just 2561 households is representative of the entire UAE population.

I can do a survey of just 10 people. if 9 say they are overpaid can i conlcude that 90% of UAE is overpaid?

it is a survey after all, probably a lazy one:)
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Well the HIV statistic is interesting...anyone coming from outside the UAE is tested and immediately ejected if found to be HIV Positive. So those figures must be for people already here with the disease...or locals?

Knight

I guess locals, many has the disease now. but the GOV now asks for the test before getting married

Thats an interesting statement kid
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
Sarge, you start feeding the Troll

Go ahead...LOL
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 26, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:Sarge, you start feeding the Troll

Go ahead...LOL

Not feeding anyone, I just thought that was an interesting statement from a person who says that he is from this Country.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Knight

its true, but I don't think you will find any statistics for the public on the issue , some who comes voluntarily to get treated are treated in privet matter , I guess bcz of social or cultural thingy
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:Sarge, you start feeding the Troll

Go ahead...LOL

hey watch it, I have an offical member title you know ( troll#2) :)
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
Hey Kid. How do you know its true though?. I would imagine you have some first hand knowledge (relatives/friends/family etc). Do you think it is because of unprotected sex with hookers, homo erotic activities or what? I can only imagine the poor wives who are getting infected and don't even know it.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 26, 2009
Kid, I know, so instead of the missing No. 1 ur in charge as his Vice-Troll!!

LOL
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Knight

its true, but I don't think you will find any statistics for the public on the issue , some who comes voluntarily to get treated are treated in privet matter , I guess bcz of social or cultural thingy

It doesn't really help the overall situation when it is denied. Where in your opinion is the HIV contracted, locally or abroad?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Hey Kid. How do you know its true though?. I would imagine you have some first hand knowledge (relatives/friends/family etc). Do you think it is because of unprotected love with hookers, homo erotic activities or what? I can only imagine the poor wives who are getting infected and don't even know it.

you have to go throw a the HIV test in order to get married. no I don't real know any but I have friends who works in hospitals who tell me these sort of things.. only ones they brought us one guy with HIV back in old school days to tell us how his live is after getting infected, my god ,the had to take hundred of pills everyday for that !!!
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
Is there no campain how to protect from HIV in UAE???
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:
K-Dog wrote:Hey Kid. How do you know its true though?. I would imagine you have some first hand knowledge (relatives/friends/family etc). Do you think it is because of unprotected love with hookers, homo erotic activities or what? I can only imagine the poor wives who are getting infected and don't even know it.

you have to go throw a the HIV test in order to get married. no I don't real know any but I have friends who works in hospitals who tell me these sort of things.. only ones they brought us one guy with HIV back in old school days to tell us how his live is after getting infected, my god ,the had to take hundred of pills everyday for that !!!

In Saudi Arabia they don't have HIV that is according to the local media, however the biggest ward in the King Faizel Hospital, Riyadh is the HIV Ward, and believe me when I say thet their isn't a foreign patient in the place.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Knight

It doesn't really help the overall situation when it is denied. Where in your opinion is the HIV contracted, locally or abroad?

I'm not sure, with Thailand becoming the # destination for the young ones to the prostitution in the country who knows, some local prositiutes girls even got it :(
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:Is there no campain how to protect from HIV in UAE???

Only posters hanged on hospital walls :)
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

In Saudi Arabia they don't have HIV that is according to the local media, however the biggest ward in the King Faizel Hospital, Riyadh is the HIV Ward, and believe me when I say thet their isn't a foreign patient in the place.

woow...I guess the lack of awareness and being horny 24/7 is the reason behind this disease increasing in the country.
uaekid

Jan 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

woow...I guess the lack of awareness and being horny 24/7 is the reason behind this disease increasing in the country.

I saw a poster in Africa some months ago that read;

If you can't keep it zipped, keep it covered
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:Dont tell me just 2561 households is representative of the entire UAE population.

It could be. If sampling is done correctly (might be a big if), only a relatively small number is needed to be representative of the population.
bonk

Jan 30, 2009
uaekid wrote:

Knight

Really? now the goverment where you live at they ask people to have test?wow im surprised.. I think that sounds too personal......
Skyper
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2009

Knight

I see a lot of reactions based on the wrong interpretation of the survey's HIV/AIDS question. The results posted by kid say nothing about the amount of infected persons.

The survey results about AIDS were:
"locals agreeing to the inclusion and integration of those who are HIV infected are 13%"

It merely asks whether locals would agree to the inclusion and integration of HIV infected people.
13 percent agrees to this. 87 percent don't.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2009
LOL @ Asians.

Quatroporte, you had better luck with the law because you know Arabic.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2009
HIV is not only contracted through sexual activity, it is also passed through the sharing of needles. People must be using drugs in the UAE seeing the amount of drugs confiscated, and I surely don't think it's only expats because they are too afraid of the harsh sentences tossed down if caught.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat