Are All Lebanese Drunk?

Topic locked
Mar 28, 2009
I guess. Well not quite........ "responsible limits" vary person to person an many "limits" are well ..over the limit. Majority of drinkers I know here don't feel they had good weekend or the party was boring unless they got pissed. Don't need too look far http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33823

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 28, 2009
Fair. I gotta stop being responsible now because most of our compagnions simply are not.... Obviously. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 28, 2009
Theres a massive problem in Australia regarding the lebs, theres something seriously wrong with them! I know many leb ppl and they all have this hatred towards everyone and zero respect towards woman...hm wonder ?
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
naruto wrote:i guess the problem is the alchol not the nationality..i dont think u will be aware of ur action when u are drunk ..thats why its not good to drive when u are drunk..

You're not very familiar with normal use of alcohol, now are ya?
OFfcourse there are people who can't handle a drink, but a responsible person knows that alcohol should be consumed with limitation.

Go practice son. 8)

boy u missed my point here ..i know some pple can handle it even if they drink alot ..i know if u drink little u wont get drunk..so to make it clear for ur mini minde of urs ..when u get drunk u are not aware of ur action ..when u get drunk only ..so its not about the amount u drink , some ppl drunk 1 bottle of budwiser and get drunk and some drink a hole box and still are aware and can drive ..

now try reading what i wrote and repeat it ten times..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 28, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:I guess. Well not quite........ "responsible limits" vary person to person an many "limits" are well ..over the limit. Majority of drinkers I know here don't feel they had good weekend or the party was boring unless they got pissed. Don't need too look far http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33823

Yep it's mostly a young people's thing though. They grow out of it. As Dubai is predominantly full of younger expats the problem gets magnified. Some older people never grow out of it, but only some! Young people drinking alcohol is a huge social problem in the UK.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2009
naruto wrote:so its not about the amount u drink , some ppl drunk 1 bottle of budwiser and get drunk and some drink a hole box and still are aware and can drive ..

You are right it's very personal but do you know that some people have some level of alcohol in blood even without drinking, some drinks from milk have some negligible doze of spirit? That's why it's practically impossible to have pure 0 of alcohol in blood.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 28, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
naruto wrote:so its not about the amount u drink , some ppl drunk 1 bottle of budwiser and get drunk and some drink a hole box and still are aware and can drive ..

You are right it's very personal but do you know that some people have some level of alcohol in blood even without drinking, some drinks from milk have some negligible doze of spirit? That's why it's practically impossible to have pure 0 of alcohol in blood.

Haha, I didn't know that. It must be an incedibly tiny amount!

I did know that some medicines contain a small amount of alcohol as it aids digestion of the medicine.

Best not to talk about driivng after drinking a case of Bud....I know we have all done it in our youth, but to do it now, and in Dubai, is signing your own visa cancellation and booking a comfy prison cell for a nice stay :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2009
naruto wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
naruto wrote:i guess the problem is the alchol not the nationality..i dont think u will be aware of ur action when u are drunk ..thats why its not good to drive when u are drunk..

OFfcourse there are people who can't handle a drink, but a responsible person knows that alcohol should be consumed with limitation.

Go practice son. 8)

boy u missed my point here ..i know some pple can handle it even if they drink alot ..i know if u drink little u wont get drunk..so to make it clear for ur mini minde of urs ..when u get drunk u are not aware of ur action ..when u get drunk only ..so its not about the amount u drink , some ppl drunk 1 bottle of budwiser and get drunk and some drink a hole box and still are aware and can drive ..

I read it 11 times for your convenience...but still there is the lack of personali responsibility in your post. We are not all puppies that need nurchering...although :roll:

When I'm drunk and I jump on a car or run accross the road, I do know that I'm drunk and should not be doing this kind of behaviour.
You are simply walking away from those responsibilities by basically saying; People can't handle themselves when they are drunk. And thats wrong and moreover, its a weakness.

People should simply drink a little less and be responsible drinkers instead of partying like Supaman...with no boundaries.

You know what: UAE law should impose new rules on alcohol use. Limit consumption for all individuals to maximum 1.5 promillage (don't know the exact measurement standard other than Dutch). If you get caught with higher promillages you should be having to sit in jail for a day or two. Wanna bet everybody learns from that in the long run!!?

I know for sure.
RobbyG

Mar 28, 2009
In my experience i've found that lebanese and especially palestinian drivers to b the most brash on the roads! They just seem to take liberties like as though they own the place, stop where they want, race around a busy interchange etc.
P.S I'm talkin bout Abu-Dhabi.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
naruto wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Go practice son. 8)

When I'm drunk and I jump on a car or run accross the road, I do know that I'm drunk and should not be doing this kind of behaviour.
You are simply walking away from those responsibilities by basically saying; People can't handle themselves when they are drunk. And thats wrong and moreover, its a weakness.

I know for sure.

mmmm.. robby G i give up.. u are the superman who is aware of his action when he is drunk ..are u telling me now that when u get drunk u become fearless like spiderman and start jumping on ppl cars ?? are u kidding me ..lol ..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 28, 2009
naruto wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
naruto wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Go practice son. 8)

I know for sure.

mmmm.. robby G i give up.. u are the superman who is aware of his action when he is drunk ..are u telling me now that when u get drunk u become fearless like spiderman and start jumping on ppl cars ?? are u kidding me ..lol ..

No, I don't jump cars, but if I did (and surely we teared something apart in the old days, me and my fellow mates ;)), I would know.

Everybody knows when he'/she's getting drunk. Other people will first of all tell you that you are getting goofy, plus you start raising the voice or start shouting instead of talking. Of course you do notice it yourself. Its called a state of mind. I surely know when I'm tickled. :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 28, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:In my experience i've found that lebanese and especially palestinian drivers to b the most brash on the roads! They just seem to take liberties like as though they own the place, stop where they want, race around a busy interchange etc.

Haha...true dat. Specially when they try to muscle you about with their battered little 80's 3 series BMW. I have yet to see a Old 3 series BMW without the palestenian ghutra tied around the headrests. What is this a pre-requiste to have a 3 series or be disowned by the community
desertdudeshj

Mar 28, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:In my experience i've found that lebanese and especially palestinian drivers to b the most brash on the roads! They just seem to take liberties like as though they own the place, stop where they want, race around a busy interchange etc.

Haha...true dat. Specially when they try to muscle you about with their battered little 80's 3 series BMW. I have yet to see a Old 3 series BMW without the palestenian ghutra tied around the headrests. What is this a pre-requiste to have a 3 series or be disowned by the community

and you're pissed off coz...
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2009
Pissed off ? who said I was pissed off. Infact I find it amusing...read the first words of my post lemme repeat incase you missed them "Haha"
desertdudeshj

Mar 29, 2009
I'm having the drinking problem with my only for a few days more brit tenant. comes home drunk 5 nights out of 7. last night for example, he left shoes and pants in the middle of the living room.

in one of his normal moments he shared with me that his meaning of a good time is to get drunk :roll:

pretty pathetic
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 29, 2009
raidah wrote:I'm having the drinking problem with my only for a few days more brit tenant. comes home drunk 5 nights out of 7. last night for example, he left shoes and pants in the middle of the living room.

in one of his normal moments he shared with me that his meaning of a good time is to get drunk :roll:

pretty pathetic

Thats pretty much the occassional Brit :lol:

Crazy fookerz, thats for sure.
RobbyG

Mar 29, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:I guess. Well not quite........ "responsible limits" vary person to person an many "limits" are well ..over the limit. Majority of drinkers I know here don't feel they had good weekend or the party was boring unless they got pissed. Don't need too look far http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33823

Yep it's mostly a young people's thing though. They grow out of it. As Dubai is predominantly full of younger expats the problem gets magnified. Some older people never grow out of it, but only some! Young people drinking alcohol is a huge social problem in the UK.

Its not only the U.K its almost everywhere where booze flows freely and is consumption is a norm of society and then some. Clearly this responsible drinking thing is not working worldwide.

There would be a lot less crime in the world if booze was strictly regulated or outlawed all togther. Majority of violent and sexual crime is commited under the influence.
desertdudeshj

Mar 29, 2009
just because its freely available it doesnt mean u need to overdo it. on the other hand dubai is a clear example that restricting it does not stop people from getting drunk whenever they want to
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 29, 2009
Who said its restricted here !

I can If i wanted to right now and buy a ton of booze if I wanted to right now, no questions asked and that too from licensed sellers, no under the table deals even.

In my early ignorant days working in the tourism industry on many occasions have literally bought and transported in a open back pickup filled to the brim all sort of booze, just covered with a flimsy tarp ! worth 20k and more . Thank God I never got into an accident while doing such stupid stuff ! :shock:

Only restriction here is you can't just merrly walk the streets with a can in your hand and that you can't pick up a six pack from every cornershop. Other than that NADA !
desertdudeshj

Mar 29, 2009
Well, with people getting arrested in Dubai for taking a taxi home to avoid driving with alcohol in their blood, then there will be a heck of a lot more people driving their own cars home and taking their chances that way. It won't stop people from having a drink, that's for sure.

I partially agree with some of the posters who wonder why people think it is fun to be drunk regularly. Even in cultures where alcohol is more accepted, when is it really acceptable to pollute your body frequently, spend a lot of money on booze, consume a ridiculous amount of liquid calories, deal with terrible hangovers, and have to apologize or account for bad behaviour when drunk? I come from a culture where people, especially men, like to get drunk - but it doesn't make it "normal" behaviour in my mind.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 29, 2009
kanelli wrote:Well, with people getting arrested in Dubai for taking a taxi home to avoid driving with alcohol in their blood, then there will be a heck of a lot more people driving their own cars home and taking their chances that way. It won't stop people from having a drink, that's for sure.

I partially agree with some of the posters who wonder why people think it is fun to be drunk regularly. Even in cultures where alcohol is more accepted, when is it really acceptable to pollute your body frequently, spend a lot of money on booze, consume a ridiculous amount of liquid calories, deal with terrible hangovers, and have to apologize or account for bad behaviour when drunk? I come from a culture where people, especially men, like to get drunk - but it doesn't make it "normal" behaviour in my mind.

Aha, you must be English then ;)
RobbyG

Mar 29, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:Well, with people getting arrested in Dubai for taking a taxi home to avoid driving with alcohol in their blood, then there will be a heck of a lot more people driving their own cars home and taking their chances that way. It won't stop people from having a drink, that's for sure.

Aha, you must be English then ;)

She's not. Idiot. :)

Danes are notorious drinkers, you know that. They get out of their heads. Also Norway, Finland, etc. where alcohol abuse is quite heavy, hence the enormous cost of drinking there.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
I'm not inferring that kanelli's Danish!

:D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Danes are notorious drinkers, you know that. They get out of their heads. Also Norway, Finland, etc. where alcohol abuse is quite heavy, hence the enormous cost of drinking there.

Yes. There is vey expensive booze in Finland but S. Petersburg is only 200-300 km. away. So drinkig bus tours to Spb have been popular among Finns for last 40 years...
As a result I've rarely seen Russians as drunk as Finns in Spb... Every police station in the city centre usually has at least one of them in its cell...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 29, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Danes are notorious drinkers, you know that. They get out of their heads. Also Norway, Finland, etc. where alcohol abuse is quite heavy, hence the enormous cost of drinking there.

Yes. There is vey expensive booze in Finland but S. Petersburg is only 200-300 km. away. So drinkig bus tours to Spb have been popular among Finns for last 40 years...
As a result I've rarely seen Russians as drunk as Finns in Spb... Every police station in the city centre usually has at least one of them in its cell...

Yes they come flooding in at weekends I remember. One was dragged backwards screaming his head off along my hotel corridor by police...:D

When I was in Russia (long ago) I went to twist the cap off a vodka bottle and the whole bottle neck broke off in my hand! Vokda filtered through a girl's stocking tastes fine though.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
I have never heard that booze in the UK is expensive as well. As I can see how they assemble Nissan there it's hardly probable... :)

Or if you in Rome...
:D :D :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 29, 2009
I used to go to the pubs of town [in Wales] 6 nights a week in the 70s , 80s and early 90s. Now I only go to a pub quiz on a Friday and am addicted to this machine. Lager is my tipple and sometimes gin and tonic with a FULL BOTTLE OF TONIC [ important that]
I have a cupboard full of duty frees in the house from years ago , but I don't bother now, at 62 years of age.
Some old mates , who drank with me in the Eighties are unfortunately alcoholics.
Tragically, 20 of them.........NINETEEN SMOKERS.....are dead !!

They died between 48 and 56 of heart disease and cancers.
If you youngsters want an EARLY DEATH ....KEEP SMOKING AND YOU WON'T SEE 55 !!!
A combination of smoking and spirits is particularly DEADLY!
Ethyl alcohol is a SOLVENT which dissolves the hundreds of POISONS in cigarettes on the soft tissue of the palate and throat. A KILLER .....and terrible one !!
Spirits also burn and irritate soft tissue.
Two mates who drank shorts and smoked had their oesophaguses removed !! TERRIBLE!!
They could only write things down and not swallow any food.
You need peristalsis of the oesophagus to swallow . Before he died at a very young 52 , my mate Glyn had some Guinness fed by the plastic feed pipe [ to the stomach] that he lived on.
If you SMOKE.........YOU ARE A MUG !!!!

By the way.....I am not OLD. I work 7 days a week ; run 3 businesses ; sleep only 5 hours a day ; hair has hardly changed colour ; and don't wear glasses FOR ANYTHING !!
I will outlast most people under 40 EASILY, when it comes to stamina.

I have been on the computer since 4am after sleeping on the sofa last night. It is now 7.20 am.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
RedKite wrote:I used to go to the pubs of town [in Wales] 6 nights a week in the 70s , 80s and early 90s. Now I only go to a pub quiz on a Friday and am addicted to this machine. Lager is my tipple and sometimes gin and tonic with a FULL BOTTLE OF TONIC [ important that]
I have a cupboard full of duty frees in the house from years ago , but I don't bother now, at 62 years of age.
Some old mates , who drank with me in the Eighties are unfortunately alcoholics.

Ethyl alcohol is a SOLVENT which dissolves the hundreds of POISONS in cigarettes on the soft tissue of the palate and throat. A KILLER .....and terrible one !!
Two mates who drank shorts and smoked had their oesophaguses removed !! TERRIBLE!!
You need peristalsis of the oesophagus to swallow . Before he died at a very young 52 , my mate Glyn had some Guinness fed by the plastic feed pipe [ to the stomach] that he lived on.

By the way.....I am not OLD. I work 7 days a week ; run 3 businesses ; sleep only 5 hours a day ; hair has hardly changed colour ; and don't wear glasses FOR ANYTHING !!

I have been on the computer since 4am after sleeping on the sofa last night. It is now 7.20 am.

WoW RedKite, that was a telling message....I say governments should hire u, to help them deliver the no smoking message!
Any yes.......Respect!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I have never heard that booze in the UK is expensive as well. As I can see how they assemble Nissan there it's hardly probable... :)

Or if you in Rome...
:D :D :D

Haha. no in UK booze too cheap, hence the underage drinking problems. I only meant in Norway/Finland the cost is astonishing.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
RedKite wrote:I used to go to the pubs of town [in Wales] 6 nights a week in the 70s , 80s and early 90s. Now I only go to a pub quiz on a Friday and am addicted to this machine. Lager is my tipple and sometimes gin and tonic with a FULL BOTTLE OF TONIC [ important that]

WoW RedKite, that was a telling message....I say governments should hire u, to help them deliver the no smoking message!
Any yes.......Respect!

Yes RedKite speaks true. Research now shows, seemingly quite unambiguously, that drinking spirits (whisky, brandy, rum, gin, vodka, etc) combined with smoking is a real killer. Everyone needs to be aware.

I know we are all going to die at one point or other, and you have to enjoy life, but surely nobody wants to shorten their life to SUCH an extent!

Beer is not a killer, unless combined with McDonalds, KFC and no exercise for twenty years... :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat