Rangoli - A Tailoring/material Shop In Bur Dubai

Topic locked
Rangoli - A tailoring/material shop in Bur Dubai Mar 31, 2006
They quote you price based on how much they feel you will pay.

They have no idea what tailoring is about.

They runied a whole batch of my clothes - well small fault of mine here though - They have runied a batch years ago and I should not have gone back...it was just that my MIL was here in Dubai recently and she buys some of their readymade stuff...with a lil baby I wanted to save time of bothering to go to another outlet.

Bad workmanship is one - The worse is denying their mistake. One very expensive outfit with designed embroidery was totally off centre. All the workers in there said they didn't think it was. When I folded it in half and showed to them the owner said if I had a problem with my eyes he would accept it and pay me for the material.

The owner is the worst person there, he changed his stories atleast 8 times in 10 minutes. For example, he started with okay you have a problem with seeing I'll pay you for the material and then the next minute said why should I pay for the material, then said they would try and fix the problem (impossible) and deliver to my house...when I said give me a date...he said we are too busy to deliver to anybody's place.

The owner was a rude piece of s*** with no ethics whatsover. He wanted to deduct the material cost from the staff. I told him I was just there to complaint and was not looking for the material cost re-imbursement even though I had paid a small fortune. He insisted I take the money and then said I was trying to extort money from them!!! AAA it was simply a crazy evening there. I can go on and on ...but those guys are not worth my time.

Just a warning to the (mainly Indians) who go to this tailoring outlet.

AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2006
MMMM Rangolia.....I know a woman in this forum who goes to that tailor quiet often...just an easy guess u will get the answer.....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2006
EJ...I hope its not you. These guys are horrible at their job...I don't know why I gave them this second chance.

They even illegally allow their male tailors to measure women - supposed to be illegal in Dubai.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2006
AFG wrote:EJ...I hope its not you. These guys are horrible at their job...I don't know why I gave them this second chance.

They even illegally allow their male tailors to measure women - supposed to be illegal in Dubai.

hehehehe AFG u r smart u just hit the right spot in time....Well I am utterly surprised at the same time dissapointed why male tailors can't measure female tailors.....it's stupid to see Dubai having clubs like cyclone and stupid rules...it seems they make laws in lunch table.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2006
I can vouch for the pathetic tailors in Meena bazaar...... my mums been conned in daylight and they never have the nerve to admit mistakes.

They are full of sh*t when it comes to explaining why they have done things wrong.... then you figure out that they have no system at all to track what to do.

Customer service sucks.... and they always assume that by offering a 50fils cup of tea, you will forgive them for messing up a 300dhs suit!
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 01, 2006
Are you sure about the measuring thing? Every tailor I've been into in Dubai withb male staff measures the women. If they have no female staff to do the measuring how on earth are they supposed to be accurate?

YOu should send my mother down there, one tiny mistake and her wrath is out, trust me they never make a mistake again - she's frightening! eeek!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 12, 2006
ehehhe!.. GUYS!.. A Huge hoarding needs to be erected as soon as u enter Meena Bazar... sayin

"Welcome!... we will charge you for services & treat you like sh&T!,,, caus we jus here to make $$$ not provide Customer service!""

need service?.. go to a shopping mall..

ppl out ther (runin businesses) really suk at treatin customers...
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2006
AFG wrote:EJ...I hope its not you. These guys are horrible at their job...I don't know why I gave them this second chance.

hey AFG, nevr heard of that one. Also, if your uncomfortable giving out measurements, provide the guys with a sample & ask them to make the exact. My experience with tailors are that they make mistakes at 1st, but eventually get it right..after you ask them to mend whts gone wrong.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 13, 2006
Hello EJ,

Measurement taken by male tailors - no big deal really, I was just mentioning that its illegal and if those guys really continue to bother me - ie they have not returned one of my pieces yet, then I will complaint - I am told they will get a sound warning and eventual shop closure if repeated

As for giving a sample - well I recently have (finally) put on some weight.

Alteration - Tried it the above scene was after their three failed attempts at altering it. To add to it i was going to accept anything that just fit even if a little too loose or even a little too tight - but they could not even get a grade C job done.

True about Meena Bazaar offering bad service in general - I got write a thesis on the mentality of the shop owners mainly all S----i. Its not that I am prejudiced but its really visible a S----i friend of mine (who does not follow the typical business style of their communty) even admits that their community only cares about taking your money - forget service.

I don't see this huge business community surviving for much longer if they refuse to change.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 23, 2008
hi I am the son of the owner who you did call whatever...

anyways I was just googling around and happened to find your complaint...

first let me clear the measurement thingy problem, the reason that my father , my uncle and now me have been surviving in this business for like 30 years now is because our tailors are masters who take the measurement and then stitch themselves to avoid as much problem as possible... else I would had ladies taking measurements and masters stitching them.... also there are a few shops which have ladies tailors taking measurements and stitching, have got like so many of their alterations coming to me on a daily basis..

also as far as I know if I was this bad in my tailoring I would not be getting so many couriers from US, CANADA, UK and many other countries who are extremely satisfied with my services, prices and workmanship..., just as an example I stitched like 250 blouses the other day for a customer who stays in Toronto for her full quota for 4 years... anyways this is just a small example...

with what happened with you, I would like to see into this anyways if you can just pm me the name you wrote on the bill and aprox when it was when you came to my shop and I will get into the matter myself...

and for measurement sample... if you have put on weight and feel tht a certain alteration to the measurement is required we will make those accordingly and stitch accordingly...

also on a small side note, sindhis are the pioneers of textiles and jwellery in Dubai and many other businesses... I think that speaks for them nothing really needed more there....
xsunilx
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Rangoli - A tailoring/material shop in Bur Dubai Sep 04, 2008
xSunilx,
I dont think you understand what AFG is saying do you? You are doing exactly the same thing that your dad did. Deny that there is a problem.
You are defending your so called masters and yourself. Remember in business it takes one unhappy customer to adversely affect all your good work.
Instead you should have apologized to AFG and suggested an alternative. What are you so over confident about, Your illiterate tailors who you call masters? Do you think you can't have women measuring and then tailors stitching to perfect measurement. i dont suppose you have travelled outside Meena bazar. If you ever travel to London or NewYork and can afford to have your clothes stiched, then you will see that there is a different person to take the measurements and stitch them. Once you've given measurements. You come back for a quick trial to see that everything is ok and finally to take delivery of your item. No messing about. very professional. No arguing with anyone no complaining. AFG wouldnt have complaied if you guys hadnt screwed up her dress.
So get some lessons in good customer service and employ some qualified dress tailors who can do a job without making mistakes or screwing things up. You will have to pay them a bit more than you pay your current so called masters who mess up stuff. But aleast you will have happy and satisfied customers.
Vis
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list