Raddison Hotel Valet Service

Topic locked
Raddison Hotel Valet Service Jul 02, 2006
My car's repair bill is at present estimated at around the 13k (best case) region. Must say, thats a mighty fine effort in 400meters of driving.

These boys should consider a new career in demo derby.

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 02, 2006
Did this happen at the meet?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Did this happen at the meet?

The night before when we met up to finalise the arrangements for the meet.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2006
I stopped giving my car to valet parkings when I saw one drifting with a porsche near a popular club in Beirut. Lebanese valets are prolly more "special" than in any other countries but still, I've developed an allergy to these guys. I'd rather take 1/2h to park my car rather than give it to one of these brain-dead fools. :P
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 03, 2006
Nick81 wrote:I stopped giving my car to valet parkings when I saw one drifting with a porsche near a popular club in Beirut.

Wow, that sounds just like what we suspected happened in my case.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2006
13k dhs - wow!!
I know you said that the ticket they gave you expressly said that they accept no responsibility, but still I think you should maybe look down the legal avenue?? Certainly here in the UK, despite having a disclaimer like that, they would still have some sort of duty of care to your property, if only an implied duty.
There has to be some legal experts on here that may wish to comment further??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Raddison Hotel Valet Service Jul 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:My car's repair bill is at present estimated at around the 13k (best case) region. Must say, thats a mighty fine effort in 400meters of driving.

These boys should consider a new career in demo derby.

Damn! I will NEVER valet again. Maybe I should hire a driver.... hmmm.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 04, 2006
coz a driver would be more careful with your car ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
XRW, mate.. go screw their a$$ so badly.. damn.. 13k thats crazy!!
send an offical complain to the main offices and SCREW THEM BAD
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2006
the_zooter wrote:13k dhs - wow!!

Dunno whether "wow" is quite the right word to describe it all matey.

I haven't pursued or even looked at pursuing the legal avenues. Main priority is to get my doggy healthy again.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
Intimacy wrote:XRW, mate.. go screw their a$$ so badly.. damn.. 13k thats crazy!!
send an offical complain to the main offices and SCREW THEM BAD

I will leave the a$s screwing to our resident expert - Spanky.

But see how things go mate, as to how far I take this matter.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
the_zooter wrote:13k dhs - wow!!

Dunno whether "wow" is quite the right word to describe it all matey.

I haven't pursued or even looked at pursuing the legal avenues. Main priority is to get my doggy healthy again.

Yeah sorry - its just I was really really gobsmacked. That's a lot of money and damage to do in such a short time.

I'm only playing devils advocate here, but surely they could argue that at worst, all they have done is made an existing problem with your car worse??
I'm not saying that its the reason - just saying what they would say.

Probably worth a letter to Radisson head office or something. I noted on the night, that they've only just re-emerged in Dubai - so the last thing they need is some bad publicity - could work in your favour??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2006
Nah, no probs Z. Was not offended or anything. My jaw did somewhat drop.

I was thinking exactly the same thing Z. Only thing in my favour is that the car recently had a major service performed and everything was a.o.k

Just seems odd that things would go completely south within the space of half an hour.

Cheers for the other advice matey.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
sorry to read this X. I think a bunch before I hand my car to anybody, but I was always under the impression that valet parking is harmless..! urgh not anymore!
I love your doggie :) shit happens, wish him health again
easternjewel

Jul 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:I was thinking exactly the same thing Z. Only thing in my favour is that the car recently had a major service performed and everything was a.o.k

Just seems odd that things would go completely south within the space of half an hour.

Cheers for the other advice matey.

Well as long as you've got all the service docs and stamps for the major service, then its all evidence. So either they did something serious with the car at the valet parking, or the dealer who serviced it did a real half-a$$ed job of it - so someone is to blame - its finding out who, then proving it!! Simple!!
Sorry can't be more help!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2006
easternjewel wrote:sorry to read this X. I think a bunch before I hand my car to anybody, but I was always under the impression that valet parking is harmless..! urgh not anymore!
I love your doggie :) shit happens, wish him health again

Hey EJ! Wb!

Thanks and yeah, won't be doing the valet service no more - even if it means aimlessly circling the block.

Awww... my doggie will be glad to hear that :D I will send him your well wishes!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Well as long as you've got all the service docs and stamps for the major service, then its all evidence. So either they did something serious with the car at the valet parking, or the dealer who serviced it did a real half-a$$ed job of it - so someone is to blame - its finding out who, then proving it!! Simple!!
Sorry can't be more help!

Yeah, I have an arch lever file dedicated to the work done on the car so its history is well documented.

Been using only the same shop and no complaints regarding their workmanship, plus I practically live there! Saw the parts that were damaged and its not something that's been there for awhile so put 2 + 2...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Been using only the same shop and no complaints regarding their workmanship, plus I practically live there! Saw the parts that were damaged and its not something that's been there for awhile so put 2 + 2...

You should definately take this further. I mean, I was thinking about it on the way home from work (as you do!). Regardless of their disclaimers, you have effectively entered into a contract with them to park your car and return it to you, in exchange for a small fee - offer/acceptance/consideration. Its reasonable to expect the car to come back in exactly the same condition as you left it them, regardless of them disclaiming any liability.
I know thats taking a simplistic view, but sometimes the law is surprisingly simple and straightforward (but often not!!).
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 05, 2006
Tricky one this...

Sometimes the hotels sub contract the valet parking service to a company such as Valtrans. Even though they have the disclaimer that states they absolve themselves of any responsibility, they still have a contractural duty to provide a minimum level of service.

The damage done to your baby is definitely above and beyond what would be expected and also the personnel they use should be suitably qualified to undertake the duty they are being paid to do...ie drive carefully and safely and park your car without breaking it.

The fact that they took the car for a 'spin' breaks that contract of duty as it is outside the requirement of 'parking' and I think you should be in touch initially with the hotel and then the valet parking company if there is one. If the hotel does it in-house, then they are responsible. I have the name and contact details of the General Manager if you would like them.

It is an unacceptable situation and you should pursue it to the maximum.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jul 05, 2006
IF you want also, we can resort to the old method of beating the piss out of the fcuker... :)

I'm in for that :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:The fact that they took the car for a 'spin' breaks that contract of duty as it is outside the requirement of 'parking' and I think you should be in touch initially with the hotel and then the valet parking company if there is one. If the hotel does it in-house, then they are responsible. I have the name and contact details of the General Manager if you would like them.

Knight

Cheers DK, we'll take this offline.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
Liban wrote:IF you want also, we can resort to the old method of beating the piss out of the fcuker... :)

:lol:

Cheers mate. Baseball bats a balaclavas!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
In any case, just an update that my workshop have bent over backwards to help me get my doggy back to good health.

Free plug for House of Cars Service center.

From taking 2 days to do a potential one week job to organizing another car for me to keep me on the road and the biggest gesture was to charge for parts only, so with no labour charges the bill shrunk to a more respectable sum.

Will be following this up with the management of Radisson for sure.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
Liban wrote:IF you want also, we can resort to the old method of beating the piss out of the fcuker... :)

Have you still got that cricket bat Spanky??
This may require the full intervention of the DFM. Myself and Arnie may have to fly back in to "oversee"!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 05, 2006
I was never given the bat :cry:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
X if you need an affidavit confirming we saw the car coming from the roundabout up the road just ask bud.

Feking utterly disgraceful situation.
arniegang

Jul 06, 2006
Liban wrote:I was never given the bat :cry:

What?? Thats disgraceful!! I thought it was the least you deserved Spanky!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2006
I am not exactly sure what happened, but X why didnt you report this to the hotel's management right away ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:The fact that they took the car for a 'spin' breaks that contract of duty as it is outside the requirement of 'parking' and I think you should be in touch initially with the hotel and then the valet parking company if there is one. If the hotel does it in-house, then they are responsible. I have the name and contact details of the General Manager if you would like them.

Knight

Cheers DK, we'll take this offline.

X
same here mate...if you need any help with talking to the guys at the RAD, do let me know, will be glad to help out...and real sorry to hear about this!!...
constantine

Jul 06, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I am not exactly sure what happened, but X why didnt you report this to the hotel's management right away ?

Ok, this happened Wednesday night and by the time I noticed the first signs was when I had reached home - like 5 mins away. Immediately went to the petrol station to try to rectify and then the other problems stemmed from there.

My concern that night was to make sure everything was ok. Thursday I went to sort everything out to ensure the vehicle was road worthy and as Arnie, Mrs Arnie, Z, Shiny, and anyone else who was there at the time can attest to we did kick up a fuss to the valet service - in particular the grand pitbull himself, Mr Arnie.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list