Defected Sony Vaio E Series And Bad After Sales Service

Topic locked
Defected Sony Vaio E Series and Bad after sales service Feb 09, 2012
I bought my Sony Vaio notebook PC on the 8/11/11 from Jumbo electronics Deira City Center. In the first couple of days the laptop developed problems. Often it would switch off abruptly even though the laptop was not hot. On 3/12/11 and 17/12/11 the blue screen appeared. I gave it for servicing to Mirdiff City Center on 18/12/11. After writing mails to Sony as well as to Jumbo Customer care i got my laptop fixed and got it back on 27/12/11.

On 29/12/11 again my laptop switched off on its own. The fan and the hard drive had been replaced but the problem still persisted. The previous cash memo no for servicing was GL 35179. My laptop was at the service till 11/01/12

On 11/1/12 the laptop got replaced with the same series (7003848- S/N).. . First i was told to pay AED400 since i did not have the original box and according to some rule they could not do replacement without the box.When i asked to see the rule book or anywhere where it is mentioned they back off. The Jumbo Electronic store manager Mr. Prateek took the new replacement laptop box and just gave me the laptop piece and charger. Inspite of repeated request i did not get a refund and was assured that this new piece would not have any problems that the first piece had.

But on 25/01/12 again my laptop developed all the same problems that the previous laptop had. I gave my laptop for servicing on 3/2/12. Slip no 832334. My laptop shut down on its own numerous times in the meanwhile. I called the service center personnel in Deira city center on 9/2/12 and was told that the fan has to be replaced as it was defected.They have placed an order for it and once they receive the fan and fix my laptop then i would get a call from them. Dont know when that day is? Thus my new laptop which i bought on 8/11/11 has been at the service center more than my house.

I first want an apology from Sony and Jumbo which i never got for the great inconvenience caused to me.I want a full refund as well as compensation for the loss i suffered in my grades as well as submissions due to unavailability of my laptop.

So next time you pick up a Sony product especially Sony Vaio be extra cautious.. The ads are Slick and attractive but the core product leaves so much to be desired. once a product is sold they dilly dally take forever to reply to your complaints.

niveditadutta
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Defected Sony Vaio E Series And Bad After Sales Service Mar 27, 2012
Toshiba laptops are the best.....
ksouq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

ksouq , No, not necessarily. That's more of bias than it is of an opinion. It depends on which laptop you are comparing it with and the hardware specs.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

I've had various brands of laptops and different problems with each, so from my experience, I can't say one brand is more reliable than the next.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Defected Sony Vaio E Series And Bad After Sales Service May 02, 2012
I have myself tried many different brands, Dell, Sony, IBM, now I have moved to Apple and love it. Easy to use and light to travel with.
mctutu
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list