"Du" Alert!!!

Topic locked
"Du" Alert!!! Sep 19, 2012
Hi, :bounce:

I just want to ask if any of you might have an idea on how to deal with this problem.

I applied for a postpaid plan last May 2010, everything was ok. But, after 3mos I just noticed that my bill keeps on increasing even im paying my monthly dues. When i go to one of their business centre, they told me that the add-ons was because of this "My Family" in which if you add this particular number to that list then whenever you call them the rate will be 50% less ( which by the way was stated in the kit ) but little did i know that there is a charge of 5dhs per number every month which im not aware of and also not stated on the kit they provided. I added 8 numbers so automatically it is additional 40 dhs per month whether you use it or not. Also one my friends bill was added on my bill it was like 400 dhs :oops: ( according to the customer service it is because i added that number to "my family" and that the plan that my friend have is like something that whenever she will call me that bill will be coming to my account ). So I complained, for like 5 times in a different service centre. Its like how am i able to know that this person got that particular sim or plan? But, sad to say im just wasting my time they just keep on sending and giving me the ticket number but nothing is happening. Then, I stopped paying it. They cut my line last September 2010. Now someone from Blkish and Al Wasl Advocates is calling me and asking me to pay my outstanding bill of 2,700 dhs ( originally was 1,600 dhs only ). The reason it is increasing is because of that 40 dhs charge for that particular "my family" service ( which by the way, i wasn't using for the last 2 yrs ). So i just keep on telling them to remove that 40dhs per month charge they added since my line was cut til date then i will pay ( certainly because it is just not right to pay for something that you didnt even use? ). By the way, the charges itself already accumulates to 960 dhs additional. Sorry :( :? if its too long, hoping somebody would give a time to read it. My question is what if i will not settle it because they dont want to do what i have requested, what are the risk that can happen? Can they sue me for this? Can they issue a travel ban for me? Please... Please.... i need help would be glad to settle this as long as it wouldn't sound unfair to me atleast!

Thank you so much and God Bless!!!

babyjane22
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: "Du" Alert!!! Sep 21, 2012
Babyjane, I went through the similar predicament with Du so I feel obliged to reply to you here. Despite several complaints and months going by without resolution, their billing department kept billing me every month without the issue getting resolved. Monthly bills kept adding up, and various debt collection advocates calling me for payment.

Heres what I did: I held my ground telling them that despite several complaints they have not resoved the issue, so its THEIR fault. I backed my case by keeping a record of all the complaints and their reference numbers. In my case I threw the ball in their court. And it worked. its been 2 years since and they've stopped calling me, and my account is disabled.

If you know you are right then hold your nerve. I hope it works for you so you need to make a judgement. Etisalat is the safe choice and I've worked only with them since.
Bashu
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: "Du" Alert!!! Sep 22, 2012
Bashu ,

Re: "Du" Alert!!!

Posted Today

So can u pls guide me step by step on how u deal with this problem, or should i just ignore them and eventually they will stop calling me? I just really wants this to be over. Also in my case, I may not have keep the reference numbers of all the complaints i filed with them however i have most of the emails regarding my complaint and their response. Also, I filed a complaint with Gulf News and Du management told them that it is already resolved in which by the way is not. Instead of dealing with what i am complaining they just deducted 10dhs off my bill, its like what the heck? Please help me and thanks for spending time in giving your advice.
babyjane22
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: "Du" Alert!!! Sep 24, 2012
I suggest you don't ignore it, because its not your fault. Address the issue head on. One of the things I did was to use social media. I used twitter with their handle @dutweets to publicly shame them on their lack of responsiveness, and they immediately replied asking for my contact number, and within half an hour they called me. (try using their facebook wall, social media can be very effective).

From there on I kept following each person, each time noting the name and contact number (I even got the mobile number of the accountant) of each person I spoke with. If you pursue the matter this way I'm sure you would get a resolution. Most importantly if you have the complaint history & reference you need not worry about the bill getting added up each month just because they have failed to do something about it. So why should you pay?

In my case I had asked my number to be suspended after clearing all outstanding, I didnt make or receive a single call after that and they still kept charging me some iphone package fee every month. So I had a valid case. In your case you were not told of a charge so you weren't aware.

Hope this is helpful and your case gets cleared.
Bashu
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: "Du" Alert!!! Sep 24, 2012
Bashu ,

Thanks bunch!
babyjane22
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined May 09, 2015
I got a du postpaid sim two months before i got 1gb data palne + 300 intn'l mints i used it all.now again i got same plane even i didn't pay my bill.pls some one guide me if i not pay and keeping using data and free mints.will it create any probkem for me in future
lord8o
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list