Real Estate Agent Said "dont Be Smart On Me"

Topic locked
Real Estate Agent said "dont be smart on me" Aug 06, 2006
This happened to me a month ago..

We were looking for a flat in Deira, we saw one ad in the street "Flat Available" with a mobile number. We called the agent and told us to go to Bldg blah blah and ask watchman to show you the flat. To my surprise the bldg he was pointing to is the same building where my friend lives. Ask watchman to show me the flat and that's it. Ask agent again how much is it? The rent for the flat is ok acceptable but he is asking for 4000 Dhs commission! I immediately said no, thanks,never mind.

Walla...I went up to my friend's room, ask for Real Estate's office address and went there the next morning and pay 1000 Dhs for commission to the real estate.

But that's not where the story ends....night time when we were moving in agent came to our flat, met him for the first time and shouted "who sent you here? dont be smart on me!" blah blah blah..

Of course I lost my temper, I dont owe him anything..called the police which didnt show up after an hour but nothing happened as the said agent left already when he learned Im calling the police.

I keep hearing it in my head... "Dont be smart on me" :roll: Haller..... :twisted:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Real Estate Agent said "dont be smart on me" Aug 06, 2006
zam wrote:This happened to me a month ago..

We were looking for a flat in Deira, we saw one ad in the street "Flat Available" with a mobile number. We called the agent and told us to go to Bldg blah blah and ask watchman to show you the flat. To my surprise the bldg he was pointing to is the same building where my friend lives. Ask watchman to show me the flat and that's it. Ask agent again how much is it? The rent for the flat is ok acceptable but he is asking for 4000 Dhs commission! I immediately said no, thanks,never mind.

Walla...I went up to my friend's room, ask for Real Estate's office address and went there the next morning and pay 1000 Dhs for commission to the real estate.

But that's not where the story ends....night time when we were moving in agent came to our flat, met him for the first time and shouted "who sent you here? dont be smart on me!" blah blah blah..

Of course I lost my temper, I dont owe him anything..called the police which didnt show up after an hour but nothing happened as the said agent left already when he learned Im calling the police.

I keep hearing it in my head... "Dont be smart on me" :roll: Haller..... :twisted:

Well done.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 06, 2006
He's just irritated that he got busted ove4rcharging on commission that's all. Ignore the loser. Good on you for teaching these greedy monsters a lesson.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 07, 2006
Yeah beware of such agents.... His name is Farooq. :evil:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 16, 2008
Is that Opera Real Estate? Heard lots of bad comments from that real estate company.
Woods
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 25, 2009
I'm interested to go into real estate I'm from Canada. I would like to know if anyone had tried to buy a 0 down payment. How did you actually do the no zero down payment..Does this really exist? can anyone give me how to start? I've done a lot of reading, seminars and you name it i have it..I acutally lost a lot of money. trying to buy an eleven room property in Kitchener..too much to mention but if there's anyone who could give me a better way how to go into no zero down, thanks..

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list