Du !! Du Customer Service Is Hell!!

Topic locked
Du !! Du customer service is Hell!! Oct 07, 2009
I believe this is a common problem for most of us about the customer care call centers and such in dubai. well i have been trying to reach a single capable person from Du to fix my phone and tv lines for the past week.
Facts:
1. Through the phone it is impossible - i have spent nearly 200Dhs waiting on the line to get through to talk to a customer care representative, but i only managed to memorize the stupid commercial tune of Du.
2. Sales office , tries to get to your nerves, giving you a que number for a attendant, who handles a single customer for 45 minutes and waiting for the que to get to you is impossible. If a miracle happens and you are still there waiting, you only get to hear to call the customer service since sales office doesnt log complaints. (this is the boiling point everyone)
3. If you can maintain your sanity while waiting, reasonably you ask for a manager who is capable of understanding anything, which takes another half hour to call him/her from the door which you are not allowed to go in.
4. When managerial looking person comes, they just nod and treat you as if you are dumb as a doorknob and totally lack the compassion to understand what your real problem is - however this part is true since you might have forgotten all sense of reality while waiting this far.
5. Your complaint is finally filed, and you take a number which you have been asked to follow up from the customer service phone line - HELL must be This.
6. Someone calls you and pretends they are doing something after 5 days - and your emails of complaints still remains unaswered - and they claim the technical office will attend to you.
7. Someone from the technical office calls you on the 7th day, and guess what they claim that your problem is fixed, and you have to respond exactly 3 TIMES shouting at the phone that your problem IS NOT FIXED.
8. That someone from the technical office pretends that they are going to call you but until now no one has..
this is as far as i could get..any options or recommendations are welcome to maintain my mental health..

I hope none of you will ever need to call any service or call centers .

Good day all..

ATR
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 08, 2009
lol... this is pretty common..
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2009
Same with Etisalat, DEWA, etc...
cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Du !! Du customer service is Hell!! Apr 14, 2010
Du's service is far worse than Etisalat's. I moved a year ago and have had to switch to du, but it's real crap. Suppose, it will take 20 years to catch up with Etisalat.....also is more expensive when you add up all the numbers....
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

undefined Jan 13, 2015
when you have just 2 service providers this happens as they know you have no choice and can treat us as they wish . I applied for wifi ( Etisalat) one year back ( Jan 2014) and finally the installed it 2 days back. As there is no other service provider in our area so what choice does one have expect wait .
rahul9101
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 20, 2015
I have visited Du Telecom customer care for business service
connection where they serve very unprofessional manner. Several guys were
arguing and fighting at that time the way they show attitude and the way of
care customer. We respectively get the token and wait for our turn though in between
they take some further token number guys for favor of known people, I really disappointed
after 4hours time, I got my turn and went to concern representative, The person
name call like (najumudeen )he started refusing and saying some shit then I was
still asking how and what I have to do though he was rude and showing fuking
attitude and saying (I already told you , I think you are understand what I meant
and bla bla ) WTF this how they treat customer ??? Worst experience ever in DUBAI
MALL DU CUSTOMER SERVICE

DU is the worst Customer Service providers in the world.
maxfire5
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Oct 11, 2015
DU has horribly disgusting ways to get money from customers. I have had my contract for more than a year now, but suddenly got charged AED 113 on top of my usual AED 150.. when I saw my bill, it has charges for unspecified subscriptions for that extra amount. When I called up DU customer care, I was informed that I activated those apps on my phone - which of course I did not. I asked him where's the forum to dispute those charges, but he said it cannot be disputed since I myself activated it, so granted that I did, where are those Video World Daily (4057), Philippine news (9059), Have Fun Arabia games (3057) that he said I'd subscribed to? I should have received them since I got charged for them right? He was clueless on this regard but insisted that I could not do anything but pay up. So is it a fact that DU willfully steals from its customers? Because when I asked to ensure that I would not be subscribed to these numbers or they should at least remove these numbers who unscrupulously steal from their customers, he said they cannot do it. Why? Because they are DU's way of getting extra money from their unsuspecting customers!! Prove me if im wrong DU !!!
Kamila77
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Oct 11, 2015
DU has horrible ways to get money from customers. I have had my contract for more than a year now, but suddenly got charged AED 113 on top of my usual AED 150.. when I saw my bill, it has charges for unspecified subscriptions for that extra amount. When I called up DU customer care, I was informed that I activated those apps on my phone - which of course I did not. I asked him where's the forum to dispute those charges, but he said it cannot be disputed since I myself activated it, so granted that I did, where are those Video World Daily (4057), Philippine news (9059), Have Fun Arabia games (3057) that he said I'd subscribed to? I should have received them since I got charged for them right? He was clueless on this regard but insisted that I could not do anything but pay up. So is it a fact that DU willfully steals from its customers? Because when I asked to ensure that I would not be subscribed to these numbers or they should at least remove these numbers who unscrupulously steal from their customers, he said they cannot do it. Why? Because they are DU's way of getting extra money from their unsuspecting customers!! Prove me if im wrong DU !!!
Kamila77
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Dec 03, 2015
ATR , I agree 1000%. The first time I called Du I went absolutely ape sh*t crazy trying to get someone with any sense to figure it out. They told me that it was 28phils to activate my account but as I used a 200AED card they said that card was used up in the activation. Then the carry over. I have a number from last year when I was here and I went into a Du store to activate my old number I still had and they said it is no good anymore that it expired and I had to buy a new visitor line. I got the visitor line (which just ran out with 5gb data locked onto it) but last years number works just fine. did not have to re-activate it and it was not lost (and could not transfer the 5gbs from the other phone to this one). So I was lied to so I would buy another of their products that I did not need, that's when I ran into the first problem (which I really did not need) and where I feel they stole 200AED from me (and another 5gbs worth when the visitor line expired), and now today as I try to reload my line I add 300AED to it (trying to up the GB's since I run out fast and it costs so damned much). I was supposed to get 10gbs out of 300. I got 3gb's. I am so over this company after just a couple months. I want to reach through the phone at them and slap them every time I hear something stupid (which is every word they say to you) from them. Sooo aggravated... I will never use this lame company again and I will be sure to pass the word to every person I ever see or know who is even thinking of coming here. They have a great *time set up though, if you charge it it never runs out... where is that with the data so I can just put a bunch there and forget about it? its not so they can get more money from their own people. Etisalat will be what I tell everyone to use.
Aggrivated
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Dec 08, 2015
Trying to report an outage of service using the app. It wants you to enter your service area, but it's not possible unless your wifi is turned "on". Which is EXACTLY the reason I am reporting in first place- because I cannot get on the wifi. (It's a catch 22). Then- this is the best- I call, and am put on hold- I'm holding- then get message- "you have exceeded the hold time- goodbye". IT Hung UP ON ME!!!!!! I was willing to sit for an hour if necessary! I'm still no closer to resolving the issue. This is 2015 people. Just copy a successful companies customer service - do something. It's like the 3rd world. We can build the tallest bldg, but we can't supply reasonable cable/internet or customer service. Beyond frustrated
Pbarry
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Du !! Du Customer Service Is Hell!! Dec 14, 2015
Yes Du support is poorest support i had. I had logged the call 3 week before and still the issue is pending.
I have called the support several times and i was getting like a computerized answer that they are looking to it and will resolve and there is no manager and there is no power to the sales team on the counter. There is no proper escalation.
shemim
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list