How Would I Invest In Dubai Or The UAE From The USA?

Topic locked
How would I invest in Dubai or the UAE from the USA? Mar 11, 2006
I really want to invest in Dubai and I am open to any and all sectors (Hotels, Real Estate/REIT's, Dredging, Services, the new islands, airlines, etc).
The problem is that I live in the United States and will not be able to get to the Dubai and the UAE for some time. Can anyone offer any suggestions or ideas on how I might invest money without physically being there. I have been scouring stocks relating to Dubai without finding any specific to the growth in Dubai. I have tried to find private companies that are willing to sell shares or let me invest with them with no luck. I even tried investing through the Abu Dhabi Securities Market and the Dubai Financial Market only to find out you need to set up an account in person in Dubai.
I would really appreciate if someone with more knowledge in this area would help me out and offer me any tips on how to invest in Dubai remotely...without actually visiting Dubai. I want to get there in the next couple years but I don't want to wait that long to get involved.
Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
-Matt

JackOClubs
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 11, 2006
Although in Dubai (DFM) you are technically able to obtain an investor number by FAX, i've yet to see this successfully work, generally you have to go in person to obtain an investor number. ADSM you don't even have the choice, you have to go in person.

There are UAE based mutual funds, i don't know much about them but National Bank of Abu Dhabi apparently has a very good GCC fund with focus on the UAE. These mutual funds are open to foreigners.

If you do mind to get an Investor Number you can open an account with a brokerage with online trading, there are >20 online trading options.

Good luck.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

sponsor and investment Mar 13, 2006
we are has your disposition for all investigating on dubai and the golfe.
research of partner sponsor
swindle financier
no one disappeared
investigation on the societies
we can also provide you bodyguard and limousine service.
we have our own cabinet of lawyer as well as our agency of security fo vip
sincerely
http://www.issgroups.com
vip protection
Dubai Forums Member

Thanks for the reply Fayz... Mar 13, 2006
I don't know how much it helped because it still sounds like i will have to make it to Dubai in order to get the ball rolling but at least I know that once I get there and get an investor # (If ever) that I can trade remotely.

Now does anyone have any ideas on how to invest (in a non-sketchy way) in Dubai without having to actually visit Dubai? My options are very open, can anyone help?

Thanks
JackOClubs
JackOClubs
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 14, 2006
I have a master franchise for sale which covers the entire UAE. Its a service related business offered to hotels, restaurants and bars. Full information can be got from our website www.bevinco.com and by emailing me at tonydxb@bevinco.com
Bevinco
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 25, 2006
Hello Matt

I live for around 22 years in Dubai with a own company and I work for companies.

On this moment I work with my own company in Russia and the CIS countries, special/heavy transports for the oil companies from EU to Sakhalin.

Matt, there are a view projects that can give you a good provit, in Oman and in the UAE but also in Russia/CIS.

We are from Holland and our company name is GMT Holding BV we have one of our companies www.nedlog.info and we do military scrap transports around the world.

There is a new group of investors busy with eco scraping, of single haul ships, this kind of ships you can not use anymore for transport, only dubble haul ships on this moment, and have to go to the scrap yards with a IMO certificate. (20% ore more on a investment)

For more info please send a mail to Henks Schoonbeek info@gmtholding.nl
Henk
Dubai Forum Visitor

US Investment - Dubai Apr 21, 2006
Please contact us. We are a US-based firm (with offices in NYC) with experience in the GCC market, we have an office in Dubai.

Regards,

GlobalVC
GlobalVC
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: US Investment - Dubai Apr 22, 2006
GlobalVC wrote:Please contact us. We are a US-based firm (with offices in NYC) with experience in the GCC market, we have an office in Dubai.

Regards,

GlobalVC

oh man and u still have hotmail account! so unprofessional !
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2006
I got a serious oppritunity for investors from around the globe to invest in Dubai's Showbiz

no regrets .. i gurantee that!

feel free to reach me at
Max
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 22, 2006
PS for all of you guys posting hotmail and gmail accounts. the guy wants a "non-sketchy" investment opportunity. using a free email provider is first sign that you are sketchy :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2006
[quote="MaaaD"]PS for all of you guys posting hotmail and gmail accounts. the guy wants a "non-sketchy" investment opportunity. using a free email provider is first sign that you are sketchy :)[/quote]

I'm giving it a shot to see if people here are real investors... if so .. i would be more than glad to exchange business email addresses with them
Max
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 22, 2006
MaaaD wrote:PS for all of you guys posting hotmail and gmail accounts. the guy wants a "non-sketchy" investment opportunity. using a free email provider is first sign that you are sketchy :)

Happy to discuss opportunities with serious individuals but don't want to receive irrelevant comments, spam etc.
GlobalVC
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 22, 2006
GlobalIVC

How dare you say that Maad posted and irrelevant comment. In fact he posted good sound advice on here regarding as did Sniper, cowboys and fraudsters on forums using crap unprofessional email addys, especially where finance and investment is concerned.

I have therefore deleted links to you hotmail, if you want to been seen as a professional then post using a valid company email address.

I have also deleted links to gmail.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 25, 2006
fayz wrote:Although in Dubai (DFM) you are technically able to obtain an investor number by FAX, i've yet to see this successfully work, generally you have to go in person to obtain an investor number. ADSM you don't even have the choice, you have to go in person.

I successfully obtained an ADSM investor number through my broker. But they didn't know they'd been successful. I only found out a few months later when I went to ADSM in person and checked my name.

AFAIK you need a resident's visa to get an investor number. Brokers also ask for passport copies with resident visas when opening accounts.

In reference to the OPs question about investing, you could try one of the banks or finance houses and see if you can buy into one of their funds - you'd be getting exposure indirectly to the local sharemarkets. But my guess is they'll probably want to see a residency visa.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: How would I invest in Dubai or the UAE from the USA? Jul 14, 2010
This is an Investment saving scheme designed to give you protection, flexibility, profits and rewards on your savings! This comprehensive programme offers you short, medium and long-term saving options that gives you healthy yearly profits and chance to win AED 1 Million and thousands of other exciting prizes. For more information mail me your contact details and I will get back to you..
rsaafnia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How would I invest in Dubai or the UAE from the USA? Jul 28, 2010
would you be interested in a secured investment alternative in the USA?

I am a Real Estate Investor in the USA and am currenlty seeking new private money lenders...Let me give you the details of the current deal on the table. (this is a small one)

I have property needs a full rehab, the numbers are as follows:

ARV (after repaired value) 180-240k USD

Average marketing days 56 days (all this info we will provide on paper and you can verify)

Aquisition cost and repair cost a total of 80k

asking for less than 50% loan to value.

your investment will be secured againts that property by way of propmissary note, deed of trust, and so on. You would be essentially takking the place of..."bank of america" as an example.

If you invest w/ retirement funds your proceeds are tax free. (usa residents)

Time line 60 days rehab

56 days marketing time.

We request a term of up to and not to exceed 18 months.

This is Legit and is becoming to new alt inv. vehicle....AND ITS SECURED!

If you have an attorney feel free to have him/her review all docs.

Again this legit please no scammers!

This house will be by the far the most highend and lowest priced...

Also note we can purchase BULK REO from banks. Murge larger returns...if interested we can schedule a teleconference.
Thanks

robert @ 75 fast offer dot com
rev2tenk
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: How Would I Invest In Dubai Or The UAE From The USA? Oct 09, 2010
Hi Matt,
You receive cash for part of your share in the company, which you can spend or invest as you see fit.
You can find more information regarding the Investment in "Blackhawk Partners". I suggest this site is one of the most helpful site to get the valuable information regarding Investment, Finance, Business, etc.,
Hoping to here more from you.

-- Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:03 am --

Private equity team selects and arranges private equity investments in the corporate and real estate sectors. These are the types of businesses which involves supporting management teams with a range of in house strategic and operational, as well as financial, resources, can most effectively increase value during our target three to five year holding period.

For more Information:
http://www.blackhawkpartners.com/Investing.aspx

-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:34 am --

An investor faced with an opportunity to invest in two competing companies may reduce risk by simply investing in both and merging them. Roll ups are often part of the shakeout and consolidation process during an economic downturn or as new market sectors begin to mature.

Roll ups of complementary or unrelated companies are also done to:

• Build a full-capability company, when it would be too costly or time consuming to develop the missing pieces through internal expansion.
• Blending companies have different financial metrics, often to make the combined company attractive for investment, mergers and acquisitions, or an initial public offering.

http://www.blackhawkpartners.com/Blog.aspx?id=17

-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:34 am --

Through the banks that are located in Dubai, we can invest in business. But we need to be careful while taking part in investing.

http://www.blackhawkpartners.com
blackhawkpartners
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk