Can I Leave My Company In Probation Time In Dubai? (FREE ZON

Topic locked
Can I leave my company in probation time in Dubai? (FREE ZON Dec 23, 2011
I have signed a limited contract with a company based in Dubai for three years. The probation time in contract is 6 months. after two weeks, I felt I can't be useful for the company and this is not the job that I want. It hasn't mentioned any details about probation in contract.

1. can i leave the company without the notice? (of if there is any notice, how is that?)
2. Is there any 6 months ban for me? ( I Should mention that I haven't get my work permit yet, they told me they have applied but it's on process. I have my visa by the way.)
3. should i pay any penalty to the company?
4. can i receive any salary for this two weeks that I was in company?
5. I haven't received any facility from the company. they said they going apply for insurance! ( if they have got insurance for me, should I pay for that? )
My company is in free zone, Dubai Media city.

--- Dec 23, 2011 ---

mohammaddubai2012
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Can I Leave My Company In Probation Time In Dubai? (FREE Dec 24, 2011
The point of probation is so that either you or the company can agree to part ways within that period of time without any hassles, but it should state that in your contract. If you do decide to leave, if they've already processed your visa, then you are liable for paying the company back the costs of the visa - which is only fair really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Can I Leave My Company In Probation Time In Dubai? (FREE Dec 24, 2011
Chocoholic , thanks for your reply. they haven't prepare me a visa cause I have my own visa. they said they're gonna apply for a work permit for me but I haven't get anything up to now. in addition, it hasn't mentioned anything in contract about probation time just it mentioned the duration which is 6 months. by the way, can i receive the salary of two weeks that I have worked?
mohammaddubai2012
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Can I Leave My Company In Probation Time In Dubai? (FREE Dec 29, 2011
If they haven't got you the visa, then they can't ban you in anyway. The other thing is, if your residence visa is from free zone, the ban is only limited to that free zone. You are free to work in any other company.

If you are still on visit visa, you can't ask to be paid for the 2 weeks, as legally you are not supposed to work on visit visas. So, the only way you can get paid is if the employers wishes to do so.

Good luck.
MeronZG
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Can I leave my company in probation time in Dubai? (FREE Jan 16, 2012
Yes you can, but than you will get bane for 6 months
uaemovers
Dubai Forums Member

undefined Aug 22, 2015
resignation during probation period in free zone., resulting. 1-- pay 45 days salary 2--no notice period required. 3--no any type of ban...
Muhammadyassir
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 01, 2016
Rohan s,
I came on 18th december on employment visa and I'm bcom graduate,as I don't like my job and management is not good and I don't want to work I want to leave dis company will I be banned

--- Jan 01, 2016 ---

--- Jan 01, 2016 ---

Satyanesam1
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai