Why Do Girls Hesitate To Pay Bills ?

Topic locked
Sep 11, 2006
well usually at the beginning of a relationship or dating the woman pays for a dinner or coffee or cinema tickets ,but once she is with someone she really cares for ,it wouldn’t matter who is paying for what …but I agree the woman should pay not only offer , WE DON'T NEED NO MAN TO PAY FOR US!!! … WOMEN RULE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
Not all girls are like that dude, some acually are willing to pay for me....Maybe its because im good looking or something ;) ;)

But if you feel that person is like that and you have problem with that then confront them....there is nothing wrong with that.

On my dates yes i would pay for the meal or the movie because i can and also its an local culture thing.....if guests come to dubai i cannot allow them to pay ;)

my last gf never let me pay for anything which was kinda weird...its basically a go dutch kind of relationship ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:well usually at the beginning of a relationship or dating the woman pays for a dinner or coffee or cinema tickets ,but once she is with someone she really cares for ,it wouldn’t matter who is paying for what …but I agree the woman should pay not only offer , WE DON'T NEED NO MAN TO PAY FOR US!!! … WOMEN RULE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now where were you when I was a youngster :?: :lol:

Actually I would never expect a woman to pay the bill, a Man (old) thing :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
I think HP is facing the problem coz he dates too many girls in too short a time.. just take it slow m8.. n try stickin on to a girl for sometime.. its worked with me.. she or they would even b good at managing your funds.. in a better way..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Corcovado wrote:well usually at the beginning of a relationship or dating the woman pays for a dinner or coffee or cinema tickets ,but once she is with someone she really cares for ,it wouldn’t matter who is paying for what …but I agree the woman should pay not only offer , WE DON'T NEED NO MAN TO PAY FOR US!!! … WOMEN RULE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now where were you when I was a youngster :?: :lol:

Actually I would never expect a woman to pay the bill, a Man (old) thing :lol:

i dunno its a pride thing ... i really think that a man and a woman should share things , but when the realtionship becomes stronger and more serious it shouldnt matter who pays and when ...
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
yeah dude where do you find these girls?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
Bleakus wrote:yeah dude where do you find these girls?

I think I am extremely fortunate, as I have no need. :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
not all women are unwilling to pay the bills, i believe i am one of those.

i remember when i had lunch with a guy, he didnt let me pay. but the second time, i refused that he would pay again, I even told him that if did, i would never go out with him again.

well, somehow, it's a pride thing, i agree with corcs
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:i dunno its a pride thing ... i really think that a man and a woman should share things , but when the realtionship becomes stronger and more serious it shouldnt matter who pays and when ...

I guess a little more than a pride thing. Even though this is the 21st century and women are more independant and self sufficient a man still wants to take care of his woman. At the same time a relationship consists of 2 people (unless you belong on Springer) and there's no harm in sharing whether it be monetary or emotionally.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:i dunno its a pride thing ... i really think that a man and a woman should share things , but when the realtionship becomes stronger and more serious it shouldnt matter who pays and when ...

I guess a little more than a pride thing. Even though this is the 21st century and women are more independant and self sufficient a man still wants to take care of his woman. At the same time a relationship consists of 2 people (unless you belong on Springer) and there's no harm in sharing whether it be monetary or emotionally.

well in a relationship the emotional part is a given ...but in terms of money it depends on the personality i think , i know some girls who think thats its their right and the man's duty to pay for everything ..but i also know some women and me who dont believe so ...if u work and well paid its good to share , i am not saying 2 fight over the bill everytime , but a woman can invite her man 2 dinner sometimes ... or 2 watch a movie or whatever and ofcourse pay ... 8) 8) Tayeb? 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:if u work and well paid its good to share , i am not saying 2 fight over the bill everytime , but a woman can invite her man 2 dinner sometimes ... or 2 watch a movie or whatever and ofcourse pay ... 8) 8) Tayeb? 8)

No complaints there.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:

well in a relationship the emotional part is a given ...but in terms of money it depends on the personality i think , i know some girls who think thats its their right and the man's duty to pay for everything ..but i also know some women and me who dont believe so ...if u work and well paid its good to share , i am not saying 2 fight over the bill everytime , but a woman can invite her man 2 dinner sometimes ... or 2 watch a movie or whatever and ofcourse pay ... 8) 8) Tayeb? 8)

So how you doin ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
i realized though when i pay, my boyfriend gets extremely embarresed and goes very quiet. like the other day i called him and invited him out for lunch. well we went, we ate, we smoked (sheesha!), and when the bill came i told him since i invited i should pay. he just kept looking at me and wouldnt let go of the bill. so i put the money on the table and said ok, you put it inside, but im still paying. the whole ride back he kept on apologizing for me paying....when i was the one who had offered! so i dunno, like i said before i feel bad when a guy always pays for me but then i feel even worse after i pay because i feel like i had made them uncomfortable (because of the culture thing of guys always paying).....

ufffffffffffff minkoom
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i realized though when i pay, my boyfriend gets extremely embarresed and goes very quiet. like the other day i called him and invited him out for lunch. well we went, we ate, we smoked (sheesha!), and when the bill came i told him since i invited i should pay. he just kept looking at me and wouldnt let go of the bill. so i put the money on the table and said ok, you put it inside, but im still paying. the whole ride back he kept on apologizing for me paying....when i was the one who had offered! so i dunno, like i said before i feel bad when a guy always pays for me but then i feel even worse after i pay because i feel like i had made them uncomfortable (because of the culture thing of guys always paying).....

ufffffffffffff minkoom

hehehe 8) its a lose lose situation with men :wink: :wink:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
hehehe 8) its a lose lose situation with men :wink: :wink:

walla! lol i kno, but hey i still love them.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
what's a bill?
xlchick
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 11, 2006
xlchick wrote:what's a bill?

hahaha lol thats the best one so far..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 11, 2006
your not the one in the avatar isnt it? you must be blonde :!:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 11, 2006
Well... i have never heard that a girl ask boy for date that always boys ask for date cos they knows girl can give some smiles instead of paying bill :D
creative_tiger
Dubai Forum User

Sep 11, 2006
hehehehe, your avatar is cute....but your signature, well, makes me wonder
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
bushra21 wrote:hehehehe, your avatar is cute....but your signature, well, makes me wonder

I recognise the Avatar, who was using this before???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
creative_tiger wrote:Well... i have never heard that a girl ask boy for date that always boys ask for date cos they knows girl can give some smiles instead of paying bill :D

I re-read this post 5 times and I don't get it. Time to leave the office for me I guess... :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:hehehehe, your avatar is cute....but your signature, well, makes me wonder

I recognise the Avatar, who was using this before???

Liban
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Oh the otherday... there was this girl who cheated me.. I'm all so bad...n broken down... i dated her for something like 2 loong weeks n she just :(
:(( she just cheated on me. coz i asked her for 50 fills to pay the taxi...i didnt have change n thats y i asked her.. phew.... :(( <:Weeping:>

:P :P

jelena now thats way too much

No ,excuse me......I said I dated him for two weeks...and during that time he never even offered to pay a drink...not a meal....but a drink...I think it was me who paid the first time we went out cause he didn't even open his wallet and I gave the waiter a bill which was more then my share...and I can't even describe how stupid I felt...and then there was a situation where I ran into him in some club...he was with friends and I was with a friend...we just got back from the cinema and we were on the motorcycle and were heading home,I don't think we had any money with us and they saw us and invited us to come and when sat down he asked if I had money and I said no and my friend only had money for gas...so when the waiter came and took orders the two of us said ''nothing,thank you''and he didn't even offer to buy us drinks....so we got up and left...we said we had to go...it's late....Yeah,I was humiliated....in front of others....the worst thing is that other guys that were with us that night payed for drinks their girls orderd....so,I was the exception...and I really didn't like that...
And once ,he gave me a lift home and said ''You know,I should charge you for gas''and he was only half kiding....The worst thing is that he really liked me...that was the wierd thing...If I had stayed with that guy for another day I would have lost the little dignity I had left...but that's just me,you know when somebody humiliates or hurts me I make them pay...I can't let people walk over me...I live by the rules of mafia :) you know,somebody hurts you and you hurt him 3 times more...
jelena
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 11, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
jelena wrote:
HP wrote:
FeiPo wrote:I expect the man who ask me out to pay. It is only a cup of coffee of a meal!!! not a lot of money!!! if he ask me to pay I will, but I will for sure not to see this guy again. This is not to do with money, this is (I think) a tradition, if you ask a girl out, be a gentlemen, pay the damn coffee. I hate cheap a*s trying to date a girl and being so tight on every cent.

However, if I like that guy, i will buy him a drink or pay for the meal when I get a chance.

why do u expect ? why is it default inside a girl that a man will pay ? If it is only the cup of coffee then why can u not pay ? You have only worth of coffee price ? :lol: U ll find another one , who can pay for u :lol: .

If we pay then we have right to get the return on investment in the form of liquid assest :lol: XRW can u tell her what is liquid and what is fixed asset in economy :P

OK...imagine this.....you are having a coffee with a girl and you're thinking that she could excially be the one and let's say she's having the same thought about you...and then you ask her to pay for her coffee....BANG!!!you just killed all the magic...

well if she asks u to pay to....BANG all abracadabra wont bring back the magic

You are not suppose to ask...it should go without saying....I mean you went out for the first time...don't ask her to open her wallet,it's just rude...and if she has any manners she will offer to pay her share... but you are not suppose to take the money the first time unless you never wanna see her again...There are some rules,you know.....I didn't make them....
jelena
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 12, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
creative_tiger wrote:Well... i have never heard that a girl ask boy for date that always boys ask for date cos they knows girl can give some smiles instead of paying bill :D

I re-read this post 5 times and I don't get it. Time to leave the office for me I guess... :lol:

Nick, think something along the lines of ROI - "return on investment"
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
I do agree with Feipo also.

Thats the cost for making girls friend... i guess...

PS: HP maybe next time you can call a group out.
Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance