African Americans

Topic locked
African Americans Jun 23, 2006
Are there ay African Americans in Dubai if so what do they do?

Elohim
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 23, 2006
what a stupid question - what do the do indeed :roll:

what sort of response do you want ?

"they work on the coffee and cotton picking plantations" :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 23, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 23, 2006
And why is this in Romance??

Oooh - maybe Elohim only goes for African-Americans, so there is no point moving to Dubai if there aren't any?!?!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 23, 2006
Arnie... Too funny :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 23, 2006
i cant believe anyone could post such a stupid thing
arniegang

Underlings Jun 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:i cant believe anyone could post such a stupid thing

Actually it wasn't a stupid question I just got stupid answers. How it ended up in the relationship section I have no clue. What I was really asking about was in general what was the African American population in Dubai if any and how receptive they are to black people as far racism. Next time I post in the romantic section I will be sure to include something fascinating.
Salaam
Elohim
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Underlings Jun 23, 2006
Elohim wrote:

Actually it wasn't a stupid question I just got stupid answers. How it ended up in the relationship section I have no clue. What I was really asking about was in general what was the African American population in Dubai if any and how receptive they are to black people as far racism. Next time I post in the romantic section I will be sure to include something fascinating.
Salaam

Dear banana Head

First of all it wasn't a post that had one Atom to do with Romance.

Secondly your second post after the intial stupid first post, had no connection in the slightest.

Thirdly your 2nd post above is also an incredably stupid comment/and or question. Why the fuk would a black African American have a racism problem with another black person.

What planet did you beam in from ? or if you are taking pills or drugs of some kind, could you please post the make/type because i want some

arniegang

To the Geek Jun 23, 2006
What's first most interesting to me is how people are so confrontational as if you can make a name for yourself by being tough on the blog. Initially I told you the post ended up in the wrong category but you seem to want to be redundant in letting everyone know of the mistake. In addition because I have never been to Dubai I'm not to sure what’s going on at ground zero but I'm interested in taking a trip. Therefore no question is a stupid question, i.e. try dropping off some Jews in the wrong country and see what happens. If you looked at my web link you would see that ignorance is not a characteristic that I possess I simply made a mistake like when you where born.
Elohim
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: To the Geek Jun 23, 2006
Elohim wrote:. Therefore no question is a stupid question, i.e. try dropping off some Jews in the wrong country and see what happens. If you looked at my web link you would see that ignorance is not a characteristic that I possess I simply made a mistake like when you where born.

I gotta show some Jew to my maternal grandmother, whenever she curses , she will mention " u pig , u Jew". She is above 90 and i bet she never saw a Jew in her life. She doesnt even know the difference between pig and goat ?

Can u please drop off some Jew at my maternal grandmother's home :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:
Elohim wrote:. Therefore no question is a stupid question, i.e. try dropping off some Jews in the wrong country and see what happens. If you looked at my web link you would see that ignorance is not a characteristic that I possess I simply made a mistake like when you where born.

I gotta show some Jew to my maternal grandmother, whenever she curses , she will mention " u pig , u Jew". She is above 90 and i bet she never saw a Jew in her life. She doesnt even know the difference between pig and goat ?

Can u please drop off some Jew at my maternal grandmother's home :roll:

As soon as we finish shooting this movie. 8)
Elohim
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I saw that all white girls in Europe are crazy for Afro American people . I noticed even the Somalian and other afro people are trying to wear and make style like Afro American. I know girls are crazy for their hip hop style.

I dont know about Dubai but in Europe , you guys have to play a big role ( wink).
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 24, 2006
I cant say I know many african americans here. However, there are African people here walking around in Fubu shirts with baseball caps on. Will this do?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2006
mmmmm... arnie, the man has a point, aside from the fact that the initial posting was in the wrong forum. Unfortunately his web page is barred to lesser morals that have to contend with the UAE proxy-server; so I can't comment on that.

As to his second posting, racism etc.

I hate to say it but racism is alive and well and thriving in Dubai, in all its forms. I used to see Dubai as this multi-cultural melting pot, where everyone lived in Utopia (albeit enforced), but one only has to read through the paper daily to see how shallow it really can be.

To generalise I would say this tends to be more ethnic/ cultural than colour based
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 24, 2006
Are there ay African Americans in Dubai if so what do they do?

Salaam

I hate to labour the point but the above were the intital 2 posts.

I stand by my comments that post one was a stupid post and post 2 had no connection with post 1.

Furthermore, the question asked in post 2 ie:

what was the African American population in Dubai if any and how receptive they are to black people as far racism.

The question as written in gramatic terms, is being asked by a "black
African American in reference to the current African American population if any, and how receptive they were to their own.

Therefore my responses were indeed correct.
arniegang

Jun 24, 2006

picky, picky :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Underlings Jun 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:
Elohim wrote:

Salaam

Dear banana Head

First of all it wasn't a post that had one Atom to do with Romance.

Secondly your second post after the intial stupid first post, had no connection in the slightest.

Thirdly your 2nd post above is also an incredably stupid comment/and or question. Why the fuk would a black African American have a racism problem with another black person.

What planet did you beam in from ? or if you are taking pills or drugs of some kind, could you please post the make/type because i want some

well I have to disagree with your second point Arnie. There IS a lot of racism between black persons. I got the best example of this when I used to be in L.A.
African Americans were horrible towards Africans. Actually the only form of racism I experienced either directly or through witnessing it comes from African Americans. I am not generalizing btw, just posting something that shocked me at the time.
Nick81

Jun 24, 2006
But the question wasn't about Africans, so i dont see your point Nick.
arniegang

Jun 24, 2006
dbxsoul wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

picky, picky :lol:

I do so like to ensure that what is written is what is meant Soul. Badly written text or grammar can lead to confusion if what one posts does not actually mean what they write. I prefer to reply to what is actually written as opposed to interpretation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jun 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:But the question wasn't about Africans, so i dont see your point Nick.

well u said u didn't see why African Americans would have a problem with other Black persons. I gave you an example. Color is not the only form of racism when it comes to African Americans.
Nick81

Jun 24, 2006
Nick, I agree. I used to live in FL before coming there. Its true that some african americans are bias towards the african migrants from say trinidad and the jamaican islands.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2006
wow arnie i didnt see that asshole side of you before :roll:

Anyway welcoem to the forum Elohim, and let me tell you that yes there are African Americans and i can see that your intial question was just to start off a debate on racism in Dubai.

I have met African Americans in Dubai who are Marines and ones who are top notch consultants in IT. So its really broad spectrum. As for racsim i dont think the Black community in Dubai is as affected by racsim as much as say the South Asian one is.

Last but not least, Welcome to the forum buddy :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2006
I haven't met any African-Americans.....actaully haven't met many Americans at all. There are definately a large number of Africans though.

You're not going to find racism in the form of: someone crossing the road because they see a black guy walking behind them or coming towards them or someone refusing to sit next to you in a restuarant.

Where you will find racism, is when you are out looking for a job. But that is not specially against blacks, whites, or asians. Its because there exists a sort of tribalism in Dubai. Most small business are either all Indian, all Filipino or all Arab, since managers prefer to hire of their own nationality.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: African Americans Jun 26, 2006
Elohim wrote:Are there ay African Americans in Dubai if so what do they do?

Waiting for GWB's rule to be over before they move back.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 26, 2006
the only racism i've seen in dubai in the past 9 years was towards asians mainly (indians/bangladesh) and a bit towards egyptians.i myself was never in a racist situation, but witnessed countless.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: African Americans Jun 26, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Waiting for GWB's rule

I request that you use some respect and call him by is full name "Uncurious George"...or by the title "The Commander-in-Thief"
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2006
I don't think there's really a problem towards black people in general. With regards to African-Americans, sad to say that many know nothing of Africa and only of the US.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: African Americans Jun 27, 2006
Elohim wrote:Are there ay African Americans in Dubai if so what do they do?

Man you got a harsh welcome to the forums, sorry for that and welcome. There are many Africans here many working in the local security/bouncer/prostitution/wait staff/typish roles but there are many Africans educated/raised in other places like the UK, Aus, and a few American that pretty much do any job, IT, Finance, Actually the only Afro American I know is a big wig in Abu Dhabi Finance.

I think you'll experience considerably less racism then in your own country and when you do experience it will likely be from other foreigners.

Good luck and enjoy your time here if you make it out this way.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

mraph33 wrote:

I request that you use some respect and call him by is full name "Uncurious George"...or by the title "The Commander-in-Thief"

I prefer the term sh!thead...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Liban wrote:
mraph33 wrote:

I prefer the term sh!thead...

Sorry....that name was already taken by his dad.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum