Best Locations To Live Close To Dubai Waterfront Development

Topic locked
best locations to live close to Dubai Waterfront development Jun 21, 2006
Just wondering what everyone recommends as being the best areas to live in which are close to the area where the Dubai Waterfront development is going to take place?

I have been recommended Dubai Marina but this looks like a fairly expensive area so some alternatives would be appreciated.

ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 21, 2006
Well ideally the Gardens, but as mentioned before there is over 7,000 people on the waiting list for that. Check out the greens which is across the highway from the Marina and cheaper. Also Barsha has alot of buildings coming up around the Mall of the Emirates. Good Luck !!

So does that mean you got the job here ajb ;) ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
p.s.

i've just found out that new applicants to the gardens are being asked to fork out 60k for a 2 bedroom, current residents only pay 36k.

it would seem that nakheel have also jumped on the bandwagon regarding the supply and demand of cheaper accomodation.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 21, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Well ideally the Gardens, but as mentioned before there is over 7,000 people on the waiting list for that. Check out the greens which is across the highway from the Marina and cheaper. Also Barsha has alot of buildings coming up around the Mall of the Emirates. Good Luck !!

So does that mean you got the job here ajb ;) ?

yeah pretty much all sorted now ..... everything is agreed but I need to fly up in about 3 or 4 weeks and do my psychemetric test before they will formalise my offer and sign a contract ..... after that 4 weeks notice and Im on my way!!
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 21, 2006
dbx although thats double what people are paying currently its still half what you would pay in the greens for a two bedroom :x
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:p.s.

i've just found out that new applicants to the gardens are being asked to fork out 60k for a 2 bedroom, current residents only pay 36k.

it would seem that nakheel have also jumped on the bandwagon regarding the supply and demand of cheaper accomodation.

well 36K or 60K sounds great compared to the 120K that seems to be the norm in the Dubai Marina area ..... so do you mean Nakheel do direct rentals as well or were you just meaning they are building cheaper accommodation now?
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 21, 2006
Nakheel and Emaar only sale their developments, they are not into the rental market yet. In any case at this time it would be suicide for a company to go into the rental market.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 21, 2006
arnie i believe the gardens is direct rental from nakheel.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
Maad is right and Emaar does rent some of the places in the Greens directly as well. Both are primarily sellers though.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jun 21, 2006
MaaaD wrote:arnie i believe the gardens is direct rental from nakheel.

Soz, i stand corrected.

however Emaar i know do only rent properties but through people like myself.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 21, 2006
arniegang wrote:

Soz, i stand corrected.

So how many psp's do I need to bribe you with to get the hookup with an apartment?? :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 21, 2006
ajb wrote:So how many psp's do I need to bribe you with to get the hookup with an apartment?? :lol:

Arnie might be the wrong Don to approach. His specialty revolves around short term contracts.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
ajb wrote:So how many psp's do I need to bribe you with to get the hookup with an apartment?? :lol:

Arnie might be the wrong Don to approach. His specialty revolves around short term contracts.

at prices even the mafia would cringe at lol
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 21, 2006
fayz wrote:at prices even the mafia would cringe at lol

:lol: We might have to start calling him Don Posh
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
MaaaD wrote:dbx although thats double what people are paying currently its still half what you would pay in the greens for a two bedroom :x

i agree wholeheartedly - i still have a bargain!

i bet you'd get a huge bargain for renting a place in "gardens villa heights" :lol: - let any representative from nakheel on this forum hang his/ her head in shame :lol: :oops: :oops:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 22, 2006
what went wrong with the Gardens Villa Heights?
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 22, 2006
well lets say the intention and concept were good, but the excecution not so. like the grand old duke of york, some of the places started up at the top of the hill and then ended up half way down :) :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 12, 2007
arniegang wrote:

Soz, i stand corrected.

http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/02/12/more- ... tinueStory

looks like proof that Emaar was directly renting in the greens. The fact that they are selling now is another good sign though that property values are heading south or at least that the company needs coin.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 12, 2007
fayz wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Soz, i stand corrected.

http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/02/12/more- ... tinueStory

looks like proof that Emaar was directly renting in the greens. The fact that they are selling now is another good sign though that property values are heading south or at least that the company needs coin.

I think you will find that Emaar set up their own rental section couple of months ago.
With regard to prices, I have been having a check over the past couple of months and they look to have more or less stabilised.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum