Looking For A Debate Topic To Be Arranged For Uae Graduates

Topic locked
Looking for a debate topic to be arranged for uae graduates Feb 18, 2006
Dear Friends,
We are company into event management, consulting and web services
I am looking for a topic which we can send to all uae universtieis to send two students to give a talk in far and againt so please suggest me the best topic which can be raised to bring awarness to the up coming generations
Regards
sum

afsarsum
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 18, 2006
Israel, Should Arabia Forgive, Forget and Welcome?

Muslims Extremists, do They Exist?

Westerners Rule?

Iran and their Nukes

How much does Liban pay his Prostitute?

USA Good or Bad?

Do you Love G. Bush, Is he the Greatest President of All Time ?

Is HP Mentally Ill?

Should Tinky Winky Propose to Po?

All good topics that would invoke calm logical debate i am sure by Dubai Forumers :?

:wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Looking for a debate topic to be arranged for uae gradua Feb 24, 2006
afsarsum wrote:Dear Friends,
I am looking for a topic which we can send to all uae universtieis to send two students to give a talk in far and againt so please suggest me the best topic which can be raised to bring awarness to the up coming generations
Regards
sum

I believe a debate regarding the divisions between the Sunni & Shia Muslims would be the most beneficial as well as provocative topic.

Especially in a country which relies upon FAMILY TIES as succession to Leadership, why is this deep division about a family member taking over Authority to carry on Mohamad's work in deference to a non-family member .

I believe, in todays world, solving this division is in the best interest of ALL Muslims.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Looking for a debate topic to be arranged for uae gradua Feb 26, 2006
Richard Owl Mirror wrote:
Regards
sum

I believe a debate regarding the divisions between the Sunni & Shia Muslims would be the most beneficial as well as provocative topic.

Especially in a country which relies upon FAMILY TIES as succession to Leadership, why is this deep division about a family member taking over Authority to carry on Mohamad's work in deference to a non-family member .

I believe, in todays world, solving this division is in the best interest of ALL Muslims.

Again amateur type question. Go and read ur history and do ur homework. West DOES NOT want democracy in Middle East. Do u know y? Cos think each time there is an election in oil producing country there will chaos which can affect the oil prices. It's better to put a puppet government who will be easy to deal with than going throughthe hassle of making new relations each time. It is for one of the reasons almost all of the arab countries were installed there by Western country. Now go and do ur homework about good deeds of ur country instead of whining here.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
Palestinians voted democratically for a government last month.... What was the West reaction? To shun it...

The West wants democracy in the Arab world, but only tailored to suit their wants and needs... Not those of the people who are supposed to vote in their government for their country....

The West is hypocritical...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
Yeah, and no other countries ever interfere with the governments of neighbouring countries - only the big bad West ever does that :lol: Some people need to take the blinders off.

ROM, I think the question about the division of Sunni and Shiia Muslims would be an excellent one. It is a topic certainly avoided on this forum because some members would rather spend all their time blaming the West for atrocities against Muslims. They want to bury their heads in the sand that Muslims are killing Muslims and interfering in governments. I'm not saying that the West hasn't been to blame for meddling and causing harm, but it is high time that Muslims also looked into their own divisive issues.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 26, 2006
kanelli wrote: Some people need to take the blinders off.

So when are yours coming off?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Looking for a debate topic to be arranged for uae gradua Feb 26, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Richard Owl Mirror wrote:
Regards
sum

Again amateur type question. Go and read ur history and do ur homework. West DOES NOT want democracy in Middle East. Do u know y? Cos think each time there is an election in oil producing country there will chaos which can affect the oil prices. It's better to put a puppet government who will be easy to deal with than going throughthe hassle of making new relations each time. It is for one of the reasons almost all of the arab countries were installed there by Western country. Now go and do ur homework about good deeds of ur country instead of whining here.

Ignorance is Bliss :?:

First of all, you do not know who I am, my background or education etc...
Your reaction is typical, attack the messenger NOT the message !
Perhaps if you were to read this Blog entry of mine:
Iraq's sectarian violence @ http://inademocracysilenceispermission. ... _id=260367
you may further enlighten me on these questions I posed?
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
I think the best Topic to debate is "What will be the future in Iraq?"
This will cover many topics like:
Sunni and Shiaa
Different sects of Iraq population (Sunni, Shiaa, Kurds)
Democracy in the Middle East
The USA interference in our (arabs) internal issues.

Personally, i would prefer Saddam stayed in Ruling than what is happening now.

I also belive that the clash among Sunni and Shiaa is being driven by USA agents. such as bombing the shiaa shrine. Stability in Iraq is not good for USA needs.
yshimy

Feb 27, 2006
yshimy wrote:I think the best Topic to debate is "What will be the future in Iraq?"
This will cover many topics like:
Sunni and Shiaa
Different sects of Iraq population (Sunni, Shiaa, Kurds)
Democracy in the Middle East
The USA interference in our (arabs) internal issues.

Personally, i would prefer Saddam stayed in Ruling than what is happening now.

I also belive that the clash among Sunni and Shiaa is being driven by USA agents. such as bombing the shiaa shrine. Stability in Iraq is not good for USA needs.

yshimy, how do you account for the fact that religious infighting has been happening before Iraq was invaded by the coalition? Also, how do you account for Saddam Hussein's treatment of different Muslim groups when he was in power? Your argument might have more weight if you provided evidence that implicates the US - not just your own opinion.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 27, 2006
You know so little of Arabs and their affairs....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Liban wrote:You know so little of Arabs and their affairs....

OK, so enlighten me :!:
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
ROM, I've asked the same questions before from the same people, and all I get are one-liners. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 28, 2006
kanelli wrote:ROM, I've asked the same questions before from the same people, and all I get are one-liners. :lol:

:lol: Your Avatar expresses my sentiments precisely as how I feel most times !

(from some people) :roll:
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 01, 2006
If Ummah.Net didn't enlighten you then nothing well...

If your so called studies of Islam from the original Arabic Quran didn't enlighten you then nothing well...

Kanelli, stop running around me posting responses to everything I type!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2006
Here is my one line until i go home and have the time to type.

My source..... Check the statistics (if there is) of people dying due to sectarian differences before and after the invasion....

note: 339 died in the couple of days after the shrine exploded.

Note: The collation forces where not there during saddam time.

Note: If sunna wanted to bomb it, they would have done it during Saddam time and not wait until the collition forces are there. (concpircy theory)
yshimy

Mar 01, 2006
Liban wrote:If Ummah.Net didn't enlighten you then nothing well...

If your so called studies of Islam from the original Arabic Quran didn't enlighten you then nothing well...

Hmm? I certainly never stated that I studied Islam from the original Arabic Quran.
And http://www.ummah.net/forum/ never offered guidance except :
A Sticky for All Bible-Thumpers
AbuMubarak
These are Ahmad Deedat Speeches which expose the lies of Christianity and the Bible

as well as all the threads about 'Death to the Kufr' yadda yadda

So, I'm not quite certain how anyone could even begin to discover islam when they are automatically labeled filth and sentenced for death.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 01, 2006
OEM,
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liban wrote:
If Ummah.Net didn't enlighten you then nothing well...

Hmm? I certainly never stated that I studied Islam from the original Arabic Quran.
And http://www.ummah.net/forum/ never offered guidance except :
A Sticky for All Bible-Thumpers
AbuMubarak
Quote:
These are Ahmad Deedat Speeches which expose the lies of Christianity and the Bible

as well as all the threads about 'Death to the Kufr' yadda yadda

Man, as i told you, it might be only wrong address.

BTW Ahmed deedat is very known muslim scholar and not someone fanatic. one of the most known Debates was his one with another priest that was done live in South Africa i think, and at the end of this Debate, the other Priest (very highly ranked in the church and not just one from the street) converted to islam and was convinced that islam is the True path.

Try to check out the video, i remember it was in the 80's or even check the script, i think you can find it online somewhere. i'll try to find it, great to refresh one's memory with some reading.

Cheers
yshimy

debate for grads Mar 01, 2006
Here is an idea as to your request...

1.Culture and Imperialism , the late Edward Said, Chomsky, Robert Frisk to name a few might be good research material to accompany debate...

2. Dissidence In Iraq ( see the quote from Badr Shaqir al -Sayyad, 1958 as an intro...In every drop of rain....)

3. The anthropology of Justice ( Law as culture in Islamic Society....(see L. Rosen)

To name a few
chambersalakkad
Dubai Forum User

here is a good site for new muslim, muslims,and non-muslims Mar 01, 2006
Bilal Phillips.com

is a good website to read on the work of muslim among non muslims.
chambersalakkad
Dubai Forum User

Mar 05, 2006
i suggest :

Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional -
case study "arniegang"
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

trying to fix the divide between shia and sunni islam Apr 16, 2006
History shows that shia and sunni divide are centruies old,,, the Prophet Muhammad himself has already stated the number of different sect of muslims that there will be...

So for muslims to come now in 21st cent and say fix i believe is to be blind or deaf to Prophet of Islams warnings...or prehaps be one from the group who call themselves muslims but do not accept the Prophet as being choosed by Allah...

Therefore Muslims in this time should better serve the Islamic communities with their education and efforts to see the actions of the West for all it is....

The struggle for the Palestianian land is a reminder that agents seek to continue the occupation of waqaf lands and this should be a concern for all people calling themselves muslims..

The wars in muslim lands Iraq and Afghan are now being used as diversions,,,it seems that some educated muslims are falling into being distracted..

I have been to Palestine and learned to appreciate the struggle of the people better as a muslim...

Palestine and the Mosque of Alaqsa , all 3 masjids on the compound holds special place in Islamic history as well as connections to Musa' Isa to name a few...

The discussions should therefore be about muslims uniting in Islamic causes not sectarian ones.

It is interesting to note that it the Shia muslims state of Iran that has publicly offered to help new Palestine gov, Hamas, when the supposedly democratic ones of the west are blackmailing the people into starvation.
chambersalakkad
Dubai Forum User

topic Apr 17, 2006
Uae and Expatriate population ..pros & cons(if any)

regds
Sree
sree
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums