Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please!

Topic locked
Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 06, 2010
So after nearly nine months i finally made it onto the Metro last night. I had to show my fiancee how to use it, and so having nothing particular to do, we decided to take a ride from Dubai Internet City (station just opened), to Union Station, Deira.

Everythign went (fairly) smoothly buying the cards, then we went through the topping up procedure, to ensure enough creidt for the foreseeable future, and then we boarded the train. Had to stand all the way, but no drama, as i am used to it having used the tube in London for years, and she has never been on a train and so knows no better.

So we pop out at Union, get a drink, have a cigarette, then do the same journey in reverse. I spotted a couple of seats on the return journey, and so we sat down. I then noticed that above my seat, was a sign saying for Women and Children only, or similar. Now let's get this straight, it was above the seat, and referred to the seat.

Not wanting to take any chances, i got up, and stood next to my fiancee. After a couple of minutes, the train stopped and two guys sitting nearby got off. I beckoned my fiancee to come, and we sat on the seats they had been sitting on, and continued the journey.

Eventually, we got to Mall of the Emirates station, where an Indian guy got on and sat opposite us. Next thing, he was tapping me on the arm and pointing out of the carriage. As the train began pulling away, there was a policeman on the platform, furiously pointing at me and waving to move. I asked the indian guy what it was about, and he said "women only carriage".

So we moved, albeit for only a couple of minutes before we got off the train, and i talked a little more with the indian guy. We boith agreed, there is no sign in that area of the carriage to say women only, nothing on the doors, nothing on the platform doors, or the platform itself, and nothing else in plain view to say that the area of the cariiage we were in was women only. In fact, having a sign above certain seats, and not all, stating that the seats were for women only would seem to suggest that those seats, and not the entire area of the carriage, were for women only.

So two things that stick with me: ONE - how are you supposed to know if an area is "Women only" when there arer no signs whatsoever, and TWO - Where the hell do policemen get off by shouting at fare-paying passengers and waving like a lunatic for them to move. They should have some effing respect.

BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 06, 2010
Last time I rode the metro ( two times in total now ) I remember seeing something somewhere that said it was womens only. Although for the life of me I can't remember what it was. But I do remember there was something that told is its women only thing.

And AFAIK there are attendants on trains who politely let you know if your not in the right place.

Anyways man, crap happens
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 06, 2010
A quick look around you to see if there are any other guys in the carriage might be a tell-tale sign.

That or be prepared to die horribly under a shower of handbags as the timid ladies beat you into a pulp for daring to step into their hallowed hall!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 07, 2010
There were at leat 3 other guys in the same area when i got on, that's the point.

And it's not like the place wa crammed with "local" ladies in Abayas, being dishonored or whatever by some english bloke....the women were mostly Phillipinas, one in VERY short shorts, and one talking very loudly on a phone,

Think i'll stick to my car in future.....and in any case the journey took longer by train than by car!
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 07, 2010
Oh yes the journey is longer by train than car, only makes its a better option during rush hour. Add to the that it getting even longer when all stations open
desertdudeshj

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 12, 2013
I must say red line is quite time saving, because at the pick hours there are number of people are travelling. Driving is taking too much time as compare to the metro station. It doesn't effect by the heavy traffics.
Judij
BANNED

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 12, 2013
Judij ,

This thread was last used over 3 years ago, what is the reason for dragging it up?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 13, 2013
Sage,

Many changes have been done during that period of time.

but still metro is running and need an update about the cost. there are people who are still new to metro.

I hope i have clearify your question mr. Onion. :)
Judij
BANNED

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 13, 2013
Judij ,

Why didn't you then ask about the cost in your first post?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 14, 2013
Ohh yeh i should consult Mr. Bean First than post.
Judij
BANNED

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 15, 2013
desertdudeshj ,

must be restroom :)
SanaRabbani
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Dubai Metro - Psychics Only Please! May 15, 2013
Yeh Sana! Well come !
Judij
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules