Dubai Metro In The Making

Topic locked
Dubai Metro In the Making Mar 14, 2005
Hi,

I am part of an overseas team building the much publicized Dubai Metro (Red and Blue lines - 70km rail with 55 stations) and is planning to propose certain marketing strategies to the Dubai Municipality (DM). I have a few questions to the people in Dubai. Please help me!!!...... ;-)

1) Who do you think would be taking the Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in Dubai? Tourists?

2) Do you have a Land and Transport authority in Dubai? In other words, the authority in charge of protecting the Building codes, Factories Act, etc.. :-(

3) Are there any Ministry of Labour in Dubai? This Ministry is in charge of labour laws, etc.. (obvious right?? haha)

4) Do contractors get Workman Compensation if he were to get injured while at work?

These are the questions at the moment. Need to pick up my wife now!!

Cheerio!!

Shavin
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 14, 2005
i assume labourers would be using it and no, we don't have any type of workers comp, for labourers that is.
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Metro In the Making Mar 14, 2005
Shavin wrote:
1) Who do you think would be taking the Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in Dubai? Tourists?

Tourists and Residents...

Shavin wrote:2) Do you have a Land and Transport authority in Dubai? In other words, the authority in charge of protecting the Building codes, Factories Act, etc.. :-(

Yes its called Dubai Muncipality; this is divided into various sub divisions..Land and Transport being one of them.

Shavin wrote:3) Are there any Ministry of Labour in Dubai? This Ministry is in charge of labour laws, etc.. (obvious right?? haha)

Yes, Ministry of Labor-- you have any idea how much development goes on in this country ??

Shavin wrote:4) Do contractors get Workman Compensation if he were to get injured while at work?

ofcourse, all companies HAVE to issue insurance (workmen compensation) and show it when renewing their liscs every year.

hope this helps.

Glory - u think u r funny good...just dont give out wrong info...

thanx
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 15, 2005
Thanks man! :D

*Anyway, does anyone know where I could get the latest info on the numbers of tourists in Dubai in 2003 & 2004?

*Safety & Security:

Regarding safety & security in the proposed Dubai Metro, would it be appreciated if staff were seen patrolling the viaducts and stations regularly?

*Education:

What is the educational system in Dubai? Is it similar to the British standards, e.g. GCE 'O' level (13-16 yrs old), followed by 'A' levels (17-18 yrs old) or Diploma and then University, and so on and so forth....

If my proposed employment for a safety & security patrolling job (minimum GCE 'O' level), what would be his average monthly salary by?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers!!
Shavin
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat