Silly To Single Out Muslims...

Topic locked
Re: Silly to single out Muslims... Dec 07, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:
JoeTGF wrote:I don't think you are a white supremist BM

I dunno how you can say that about someone who votes and supports an organisation like the BNP, unless ofcourse you do the same.

LMAO

I was tired of my lady
We'd been together too long
Like a worn-out recording
of a favorite song
So while she lay there sleeping
I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns
There was this letter I read:

"If you like Pina Coladas
and getting caught in the rain,
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain,
If you like making love at midnight
In the dunes of the Cape,
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape"

I didn't think about my lady
I know I sound kind of mean
But me and my old lady
Have fallen into the same old dull routine
So I wrote to the paper
Took out a personal ad
And though I'm nobody's poet
I thought it wasn't half-bad:

"Yes I like Pina Coladas
and getting caught in the rain,
I'm not much into health food,
I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon
and cut through all this red-tape
at a bar called O'Malley's
where we'll plan our escape"

So I waited with high hopes
And she walked into the place
I knew her smile in an instant
I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady
And she said, "Oh, it's you"
Then we laughed for a moment
And I said "I never knew"

That you like Pina Coladas
Getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean
And the taste of champagne
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes of the Cape
You're the lady I've looked for
Come with me and escape

Come on DDS give BM a big kiss, I know you want to :wink:

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Silly To Single Out Muslims... Dec 07, 2010
Red Kite Deja VU, seems like this time round grans forgot to take her meds !
desertdudeshj

BM - do you support the BNP? :shock:

Capiscum - slightly off topic - but you do realise that the 0.4% of terrorist acts committed by Muslims in the EU refers to official Europol statistics and is what is relevant when talking about stop and search in the UK? Listing insurgent attacks in Pakistan and Afghanistan just is silly - and shows the dangers of believing Islamophobic rants on blogs.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:BM - do you support the BNP? :shock:

Capiscum - slightly off topic - but you do realise that the 0.4% of terrorist acts committed by Muslims in the EU refers to official Europol statistics and is what is relevant when talking about stop and search in the UK? Listing insurgent attacks in Pakistan and Afghanistan just is silly - and shows the dangers of believing Islamophobic rants on blogs.

Cheers,
Shafique

this is ridiculous, I dont know where this report comes from, it does not seem realistic, I can tell you that during my 10 years of service fighting against terrorist's, and I mean fighting, out there, stopping these animals before they strike, or chasing them after they did, 90% of my operations were conducted against Muslim fondamentalists, the 10 % were against separatists, or Communists, who happened to be funded and trained by Islamic organizations. And no one will ever convince of the contrary, I remember who I had in front of me, and they were chanting allahu Akbar, not Basque anthelm or the internationale, I guarantee you that. Keep your report for your cocktail conversations, I don't buy it.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Ha ha.

Herve, keep in mind that 98% of the terrorist attacks are detonating a pipe bomb in an empty lot somewhere...after the authorities are notified to alert the public.

I'm not excusing any terrorist attacks, but it's disingenuous to compare Islamic fundamentalists intent on ramming a jumbo jet into the Eiffel tower or a plot to blow up a dozen airliners over Britain to some guy who rubber bands a few firecrackers together.
event horizon

Yes , you are absolutely right, that s why those reports are not accurate.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Herve - did you read the Europol report?

The terrorist attacks in France and Spain etc were very real and the Europol stats are accurate and detailed. Here's the link again:
dubai-politics-talk/terrorism-the-facts-t41918.html

Only 0.4% of the attacks in Europe were carried out by Muslims. So it seems silly to advocate singling out Muslims as Caps suggests.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I dont know what they count as terrorist attacks in this report, pipe bombs, arson, fire crackers, trash bin fire? as event horizon pointed out, all I am saying is as covert officer on the ground, the people responsible for terrorist attacks I was hunting were Muslims at 90%. So I would say Muslims single out all by themselves.
Also, attacks by separatists or anarchists, were and are against police officers, officials , empty federal buildings.
Muslims terrorists attack subways, airplanes , restaurants, to kill the public, innocent people, like you shafique.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

May I suggest you look up what the attacks listed consist of then, before you comment further?

The point of the statistic (and the report linked) is that there is a gap between the perceived risk of terrorist acts by Muslims and the reality. Just look at the stats for France - that should be easy for you to do. The vast majority of terrorist acts are by separatists.

I totally agree that if you are hunting Muslim terrorists then you will be targetting Muslims (duh!) - but the stats show that they do the minority of attacks. If you were only targetting potential Muslim terrorists then hopefully there were 99 others who were targetting the other non-Muslim terrorists (that would be logical, but I suspect logic and intelligence services aren't always on speaking terms).

Also, the evidence also shows that only the minority of these Muslim terrorists pose a greater threat to the public than they do to themselves - just look at all the cases of entrapment and you'll have to agree that these young men aren't exactly criminal masterminds (just Timothy McVeigh wannabes mostly).

It would be wrong to use outliers to generalise - Oklahoma was an outlier, so was 9/11 - and statistically speaking so was 7/7.

Don't get me wrong, even 0.4% terrorist acts by Muslims is 0.4% too many - but singling out the Muslims means we are ignoring the other 99.6% - which seems silly to me.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Discussing which religious or political or other groups of the population contain more terrorist is not the subject of this thread.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

K., it really would be naive to think of starting a topic called 'Silly to Single out Muslims' and not expect people to debate religious and political themes. You can't shut people down who are passionate.
Maybe in future you should stick to topics that would interest your knitting circle :D :D
Bethsmum

herve wrote:... trash bin fire?

LMAO ! :lol: ,

Cop comes out of the station for a smoke, flicks the bud into trash can. 10 minutes later a fire , Homeland Security Advisory System Set to severe, Obama evacuated to SECRET MARS BASE , Air strikes initiated on all axis of evils heh
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bethsmum wrote:K., it really would be naive to think of starting a topic called 'Silly to Single out Muslims' and not expect people to debate religious and political themes. You can't shut people down who are passionate.
Maybe in future you should stick to topics that would interest your knitting circle :D :D

Any intelligent person reading the initial post in this thread can see what the topic of the thread is. I'm not shutting anyone down, just suggesting they start a new thread on the new topic.

Knitting is for your generation, not mine. :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:

I dunno how you can say that about someone who votes and supports an organisation like the BNP, unless ofcourse you do the same.

Thats what I am saying DDS - I don't think BM supports the BNP - I read that remark as a tongue in cheek joke. I think Shaf asked the same question of BM to clarify - my read of it was that it was a joke but I will let BM clarify.

For the record I am not a supporter of the BNP.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

JoeTGF wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

Thats what I am saying DDS - I don't think BM supports the BNP - I read that remark as a tongue in cheek joke. I think Shaf asked the same question of BM to clarify - my read of it was that it was a joke but I will let BM clarify.

Alot of what BM says is tongue-in-cheek, but unfortunately it goes right over the same heads every time. :lol: :lol: You would have to have a sense of humor to get much of what she says. She is the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to humor. But you can't expect much from a butter knife can you? :wink:

-- Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Hmmm...was that a snyde swipe which I am suppose to be famous for 8)

Little bit of BM juice goin on tonight, eh ? Image

By far better and more expensive than gas fumes. :drunken: :drunken:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

JoeTGF wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

I think BM's meant when she said she supports and votes BNP, shes very clear about that in several places. And even if she did not say it herself which she did its pretty evident that she does, thats what lead to me asking in the first place.
desertdudeshj

OK DDS - will let BM respond - I have not followed the thread as closely as you have but that was my read.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

DDS who I voted for in the UK General Election is of no concern to you, why would it be? You are not British and the result of any election in the UK has no bearing on your life at all.

In the UK we tend not to ask personal questions about people’s voting habits. It is a secret ballot. Funnily enough during the Elections I am in charge of a Polling Station so I know how we funny we British can be about these things. But me being me, you asked, and I told you, yes I voted BNP. I did tell you at the time that if you didn’t want to know the answer, you shouldn’t have asked the question. What would have been the point of saying anything else? If anything I will always try to give as honest an answer as I can, and I was once told I was too honest for my own good on this forum. I am fully aware that you have searched my posts on JBR community and my voting habits were discussed there. If I had denied voting BNP or chose not to respond to your question I have no doubt that you would have taken much joy in putting a link to a topic you had hunted out there. Just why I interest you so much is beyond me, but there’s no accounting for taste, is there?

It is quite obvious that you have latched on to something here that you intend to milk for all it’s worth and for what it’s worth I will clarify my position although I’m sure it will bore everyone to their back teeth.

The area where I live is a Conservative stronghold. Our MP resigned as he was caught with his hand in the till. The Conservatives then wheeled some posh talking gadgy in to replace him who didn’t even live in our area, and we now have some numb nuts, Rory the Tory, who would have got in even if he was a monkey, such are the voting habits of Cumbrians. The only other candidate was Labour and there was no way I was going to vote for that slack jawed git, Gordon Brown. Although I knew my vote was being wasted on voting BNP I went for it. Part of their manifesto was to block immigration and as you know it really gets up my nose when I step off a flight to Manchester and its like landing in Karachi. If I didn’t use my e-gate I would be standing behind Wasim, his shed load of kids, his Uncle, Grandma and the dog, all card carrying British citizens, and only the 6 year old speaking English.

I don’t go around abusing people because of the colour of their skin; I don’t throw stones at anyone nor am I a member of the BNP. It was just me protesting at the state of my country in my own little way. My vote was irrelevant in the whole scheme of things and I knew it. I’m not such a freak really, over 1 million people voted the same way as far as I know, although I don’t follow the voting patterns that closely. I don’t consider myself to be a white supremacist, if I did; I wouldn’t want to own property in a Muslim country, nor have a very close Muslim friend, would I? I have absolutely no problem with anybody until they cross me or my family.

So you crack on DDS, if you think you are going to score some Brownie points at my expense, be my guest. It really doesn’t bother me at all what you call me, it’s like water off a duck’s back. So far it’s been chubs, whore, and now white supremacist, whatever! I’ve never really been a name caller myself but if that’s how you get your kicks, you go for it, but remember one thing, you are a moderator on this forum so should be able to show some form of self control.

I do have to say that your linking someone to my political persuasion because they voice a little support for me is rather pathetic for a man of 34 years old. I know you have said that you have driven people off this forum in the past, but everyone is free to voice an opinion here and just because it doesn’t match yours, does not mean it is wrong. Contrary to what you may believe, you are not right all of the time.

If you are so interested in politics why don’t you just jump on the next No35 donkey back up the Swat Valley and do what you think may help your people? I hear the Taliban are recruiting.
Bethsmum

LOL A simple yes would have sufficed, right ?
desertdudeshj

P.S : Usually when a person says anything like I'm not a racist or a bigot, you can be assured its going to be followed by some very racist or bigotted crap.
desertdudeshj

No, wrong again DDS, what did I tell you? You can't be right all the time, it's time to stand back and give yourself a shake and remind yourself you are an adult.
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:LOL A simple yes would have sufficed, right ?

Whooosh! straight over his head!!

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

desertdudeshj wrote:P.S : Usually when a person says anything like I'm not a racist or a bigot, you can be assured its going to be followed by some very racist or bigotted crap.

DDS do you know something? I don't believe you even read my post in the amount of time you came back with a reply. Do you just sit there and bash out any old shite on that keyboard. I firmly believe you are beyond help.
Bethsmum

Yeah, just as a Nazi can't be a racist or anti semite by supporting the Nazi party. You can't be a white racist by supporting the BNP. Its all good BM, its all good. Personaly I don't care, just good to know where someone stands specialy when someone is being accused of singling out Muslims.

Like before I congratulate you for your openess about it, it takes the dog danglys to admit your one in these PC times. Bravo I say, now if only more people were as open about it things would be very clear on a lot of issues. Instead of hiding behind PC

Well done, credit is given where its due.
desertdudeshj

Bethsmum wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:P.S : Usually when a person says anything like I'm not a racist or a bigot, you can be assured its going to be followed by some very racist or bigotted crap.

DDS do you know something? I don't believe you even read my post in the amount of time you came back with a reply. Do you just sit there and bash out any old shite on that keyboard. I firmly believe you are beyond help.

Your correct I stopped reading when you went into saying I'm not a racist for the reasons given in my first reply.

Cheers :blackeye:
desertdudeshj

I don't need your credit DDS, your credibility is zero with me.

-- Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

Your correct I stopped reading when you went into saying I'm not a racist for the reasons given in my first reply.

Cheers :blackeye:

I don't go for name calling but for you i could be tempted to make an exception, but then I would be lowering myself to your standards, and that I will never do. I don't believe I said I wasn't racist. I think we all are up to a point. After all you admitted you were, in the French thread. Hating French people because they are French, isn't that racist?
Bethsmum

Yes I didn't like any of the French people I've met and there have been hundreds, only nice French people I've met have been here DD ( although hes only kinda French ) and Herve. Currently I am what you can say a bit bigoted, (but not an impression set in stone)against the French but always open to change that view if shown otherwise. I know its not PC but thats the way it is.

BTW the French arn't a race so I can't be racist ;)
desertdudeshj

Now I'm really worried about you. You have met Herve? I somehow seriously doubt that.
LMAO. Do you have any real friends? LOLedge
Bethsmum

On the Vino again I see :D

desertdudeshj wrote:Yes I didn't like any of the French people I've met and there have been hundreds, only nice French people I've met have been here DD ( although hes only kinda French ) and Herve.

i.e : On DF
desertdudeshj

Interesting DDS. You met HUNDREDS of French people? You do get around more than I thought.

As for being a bigot or racist - I think there has come a time when everyone - and I mean everyone - has referred to someone's religion or ethnicity or nationality in a statement made towards an individual. Directing a statement towards individuals is not, IMO, racist or bigotry. Racism and bigotry covers an entire religion, ethnicity, or nationality. Most times when someone throws in that "racist" or "bigot" word is just an addition to an opinion or statement that is made about that individual, which is usually negative. If I went on a rant about black people all the time, and wanted nothing to do with them, and had no black friends, that would make me a racist. If I said I hated all Jews, ranted about them, then I would not have any Jewish friends.

You DDS have alot of negative things to say about a lot of nationalities, for example, Emiratis, but claim to have Emirati friends. Does that make you a racist?

As for who one votes for, the fact that you have probably never cast a vote, you wouldn't know the privilege it is to be able to vote. In countries that allow the people to vote, there are many times that people will, to exercise (key word here is "exercise") their right to vote, will vote for the least popular party, to take a vote away from the leading candidate(s) who they not want to see in office.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk