Silly To Single Out Muslims...

Topic locked
Re: Silly To Single Out Muslims... Dec 03, 2010
Well, fortunately or unfortunately, its all facts DD.
Kanelli, I am severely biased against racism and prejudice in any form. I do have some wonderful white British friends, and I can never forget some of the beautiful women that I have known :D

zonker
BANNED

Yes zonker, and Bethsmum said the same thing, minus the being biased against racism and prejudice part. ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Kanelli, did she? Oh well then...:drunken:
zonker
BANNED

Re: Silly to single out Muslims... Dec 03, 2010
I know this discussion is starting to go around in circles, but there is one important thing that Mrs. Kay has clearly not taken into consideration.

In hiring, my dear, the rules change and we play the game differently. I can say that with certainty because I, myself, have hired and fired many people throughout the years.

In hiring, you guys expect us to have compassion for Muslims, but, in reality, that's not how it works.

To do a good job of hiring, you have to be somewhat heartless, and I had to learn to do that, even though it's totally against my nature.

I always hear a lot of sob stories from job candidates, but I totally ignore them. Why? Because I'm entrusted to hire the best, not to hire those who need the job the most. So I try to be cold and just focus on whether the person who can do the job the best.

I usually narrow my search by selecting the best people with qualifications and experience. Then I look at other factors that may affect the job performance or the organization image. I look at attitude, demeanor, appearance, health, intelligence, personality, references...etc. Finally, I look at other sub-factors like religion and background..etc.

In my judgement, if I feel being a devout Muslim or a devout Jew (like refusing to work on Saturdays if needed) may affect performance in any way, then sure, religion comes into play in my consideration to hire or not hire.

But not hire a qualified person simply because of their religion, which I know occurs sometimes, is of course totally wrong and acceptable.

I hope that now I have made my position much clearer.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:But not hire a qualified person simply because of their religion, which I know occurs sometimes, is of course totally wrong and acceptable.

Exactly!

No one should assume a problem or interference from a person's religion without discussing about it. There is nothing wrong with an interviewer saying "These are the set working hours and paid holidays during the year. This is how much vacation time. This is the kind of flexibility for x, y or z that the company allows. Would this be acceptable to you if you are hired?" rather than saying, "Uh oh, Muslim, they will cause problems and ask for unreasonable things. No way I'll hire him/her."
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Tom Jones, yes sir, you have, and amen to that.
And I am absolutely against ALL religions, for the simple reason that they have caused more problems as you look back in history, than solved anting. So I hope thats clear too :drunken:
And I am not even looking for a job now!
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Kanelli, you are not the looser, far from it on my card!
The looser is that one there......."points to the red corner.."
DD, the BNP or the British Nazi Party to give it its correct name, may have got only 2% of the vote in the UK, but thats not what the reality is with all the hypocrites wanting to show to the rest of the world their political correctness. In reality, it would get 90% of the white vote there.
Its a good thing there is a "rest of the world" out there. British Imperialism is a thing of the past. Your (Not So) Royal Family is a bunch of perverts and faggots maintained at the tax-payer's expense. Arrogance is nothing but a display of unbounded ignorance. You dont rule the world anymore, baby, yours is just a tiny island slowly sinking out of sight what with its monumental economic problems. Its not the fault of the "foreigners" you know.....forget about white supremacy.
India or China might come to your rescue if you mend your ways......

LOL LOL LOL
I do love it when a plan comes together.

-- Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:41 am --

zonker wrote:Well, fortunately or unfortunately, its all facts DD.
Kanelli, I am severely biased against racism and prejudice in any form. I do have some wonderful white British friends, and I can never forget some of the beautiful women that I have known :D

LSMMTUAFIMC
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

BM, I'm sorry. One of your hiring criterion is faulty, very fault. In my industry - programming - the time one spends at his desk doesn't imply that the person will get more work done. I couldn't care less whether the person spent only a fraction of this day at his/her desk or not as long the work produced is quality. http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2007/06/05.html - smart and gets things done.

I'm so glad that I don't work with you.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Not half as glad as I am Bruce. LOL
Bethsmum

Re: Silly to single out Muslims... Dec 06, 2010
In this UK Sunday's paper, seems UK Police dont feel silly to single out Muslims, because they always the ones carrying bombs.
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-134699240.html
capsicum
BANNED

Re: Silly To Single Out Muslims... Dec 06, 2010
^excellent point Caps - I think you've managed to convince me.

There is the small issue of the fact that Muslims come in all colours, shapes and sizes. Hmmm... I know - why don't we get them to sew badges of a bomb to their clothes so that everyone can identify Muslims and make it easier for the Police to stop and search them?

:roll:

(kanelli - your thread title is so 'on-the-money'!)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Yep!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

The thing is Shaf, just look at the characters involved in 9/11 and 7/7.
Bethsmum

Yes lets look at that, and according to that you should be looking at Saudis and Brits.
desertdudeshj

^Not only that - but you also run the risk of looking like a Saudi or a Brit and just going about your business - imagine if you were, say, Brazilian called Menezes and decided to take the underground one day and some guys 'thought' you were a 'Muslim'...

BM - let's look at the evidence.. Terrorism in the EU:
dubai-politics-talk/terrorism-the-facts-t41918.html

99.6% of terrorists aren't Muslim - why target the 0.4% of terrorists only.

Isn't that silly?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Not to a BNP white supremacist with a chip on her shoulder.
desertdudeshj

shafique wrote: BM - let's look at the evidence.. Terrorism in the EU:
dubai-politics-talk/terrorism-the-facts-t41918.html

99.6% of terrorists aren't Muslim - why target the 0.4% of terrorists only.

Isn't that silly?

Cheers,
Shafique

Look at the facts below, see if it looks like 0.4%

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
capsicum
BANNED

shafique wrote:^excellent point Caps - I think you've managed to convince me.

There is the small issue of the fact that Muslims come in all colours, shapes and sizes. Hmmm... I know - why don't we get them to sew badges of a bomb to their clothes so that everyone can identify Muslims and make it easier for the Police to stop and search them?

:roll:

(kanelli - your thread title is so 'on-the-money'!)

Cheers,
Shafique

They would be taking a page from Muslim tradition in requiring Jews and Christians to wear badges or specific types of clothing for the general populace to identify them as non-believers.
event horizon

But the point is, it isn't right to discriminate against others.

Discussing which religious or political or other groups of the population contain more terrorist is not the subject of this thread.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:Not to a BNP white supremacist with a chip on her shoulder.

Don'f forget 'whore' munchkin! I'm very proud of that label! :drunken:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Not to a BNP white supremacist with a chip on her shoulder.

Don'f forget 'whore' munchkin! I'm very proud of that label! :drunken:

BM, I'm sure that chip on your shoulder is way lighter than the bricks he carries on his shoulders.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hmmm...was that a snyde swipe which I am suppose to be famous for 8)
desertdudeshj

You totally give yourself too much credit. :lol: :lol:

Actually you aren't "famous" for anything, but you are "known" for some things. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:Hmmm...was that a snyde swipe which I am suppose to be famous for 8)

Little bit of BM juice goin on tonight, eh ? Image
desertdudeshj

BM's juices? mmmmmmmmmm DDS you little minx! :bounce:
Bethsmum

Re: Silly to single out Muslims... Dec 07, 2010
Not sure where the juice discussion is going...

BM - this might convince you - Zidane is muslim!!! :D

I am going to ignore the fact that he is non-practising and married a christian.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Joe, I suppose it will fall on deaf ears to say that it bothers me not the slightest that Mr Zidane is Muslim. If you go back to my original post I did say that I objected to religion being thrust in my face and that the abaya has no place in British society, and that if someone came for a job at my place of work dressed in that get up she would be wasting her time. I did follow up to say that I thought Muslims difficult to work with. Of course the heavens opened then and from being a fairly run of the mill white woman I'm now a white supremisist (I can't even spell it!) No one took the time to think that if a Muslim (be it white, black or with purple spots) turned up and wasn't throwing their religion at me, then how would I know they were Muslim? No matter Joe! I reiterate, Mr Zidane fits the bill as far as BM is concerned, I wouldn't chuck him out of my big bed.
Head down BM I can see incoming!
Bethsmum

I don't think you are a white supremist BM. I think sometimes your tongue in cheek humour is not understood and than its followed by people telling/asking you not to be racist. I have friends of all nationalitis, creeds, religions, sexual preferences, etc - as I am pretty sure you do. Some people in all those categories are as you put it Wayne Cars and I don't like their world view - thats doesn't make me racist, homofobic, etc - that just means I don't agree with them.

The Zidane thing was just a gag...a bit tongue in cheek. But while we are on the topic (sorry for straying) - if you met Zidane and he looked into your eyes, held you close to him and asked you to marry him....would you.....if you just needed to convert to islam? :D
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Joe, that would be a no! I'm a love 'em and leave 'em kind of girl. :D
Bethsmum

JoeTGF wrote:I don't think you are a white supremist BM

I dunno how you can say that about someone who votes and supports an organisation like the BNP, unless ofcourse you do the same.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk