Where Are All The Normal Muslims In Dubai?

Topic locked
Feb 04, 2009
rudeboy, this is proof in point about what I don't like about religions. Followers are very judgmental about other followers' practices and level of devotion.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 04, 2009
kanelli wrote:rudeboy, this is proof in point about what I don't like about religions. Followers are very judgmental about other followers' practices and level of devotion.

sorry who is being judgemental here?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
Well, not really. I don't spend my time worrying about who is more devout than who and who can call themselves something or not.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 04, 2009
kanelli wrote:Well, not really. I don't spend my time worrying about who is more devout than who and who can call themselves something or not.

lol i dont spend my time worry about what your friends get up to. its their life they are questionable to god. but they are a disgrace to other muslims and when westerns get to know these kinds of so called muslims. the westerners think all muslims are alike and therefore that worries me :)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
Well, some people think that all us non-Muslims and Westerners are alike too. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 05, 2009
kanelli wrote:Well, some people think that all us non-Muslims and Westerners are alike too. :lol:

ofcourse they are alike duh :D they dont understand what islam is about. Instead of going into a library and reading about Islam, they go on the forum, copy and paste extracts from anti-islam websites. they also watch cnn just so that they could learn about islam :D

CNN is the source of knowledge for all non-muslims and westerners for Islam :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 07, 2009
There is no point of continuing this line of discussion rudeboy. You have seen fit to judge that moderate Muslims and people from Muslim backgrounds who choose not to practice any faith are disgraceful, and have nicely stereotyped about where non-Muslims and Westerners get their knowledge of Islam. I think everyone gets your message.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 07, 2009
kanelli wrote:There is no point of continuing this line of discussion rudeboy. You have seen fit to judge that moderate Muslims and people from Muslim backgrounds who choose not to practice any faith are disgraceful, and have nicely stereotyped about where non-Muslims and Westerners get their knowledge of Islam. I think everyone gets your message.

knnallie i m not judging anyone. i m just explaining to you what a true muslim is. its is common sense. a person aint christian if he doesnt practise christianity duh.

sorry but i m not stereotyping anyone. and i m yet to come across someone who hasnt copied and pasted from some other anti islam website or whose opinions are not biased.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2009
Moderate Muslims..Well it can take plethora of opinions and heaps of discussions to describe a moderate muslims.
But from my point of view, i can describe myself and my group of friends Moderate Muslims.
1) We all follow Five basic pillars of Islam. We all pray five times but we also dont miss on any leisure time like going out to movies, dinner, house party, gatherings, concerts etc..

2) i dont drink but i dont mind going to a gathering or dinner where other people are drinking. Its their choice and their habit and i dont want to judge them and also i dont want to outcast myself by not going out with ppl who drink.

3) We practise strickly 30 days of fast but on the other hand we also like to take days off for travelling to diffferent places, knowing different religions, philosophies and ideas.

4) My sister and friends cover themself but it doesn't mean she doesnt hav her rights. She is independent, highly educated, working and living on her own. But, she knows where to draw the line.

5) I have been bought up having my education in madrasa and having Kuran lessons and till date i go to sermons but on the other hand i am also western-educated from UK.
Does this fit in ur criteria of Moderate- Muslims.
If yes, then i am very sure that Dubai is full of such people. Jus look at the right places mate. There would be sumone in ur bldg or ur office.
huss52
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 12, 2009
huss52 wrote:Moderate Muslims..Well it can take plethora of opinions and heaps of discussions to describe a moderate muslims.
But from my point of view, i can describe myself and my group of friends Moderate Muslims.
1) We all follow Five basic pillars of Islam. We all pray five times but we also dont miss on any leisure time like going out to movies, dinner, house party, gatherings, concerts etc..

2) i dont drink but i dont mind going to a gathering or dinner where other people are drinking. Its their choice and their habit and i dont want to judge them and also i dont want to outcast myself by not going out with ppl who drink.

3) We practise strickly 30 days of fast but on the other hand we also like to take days off for travelling to diffferent places, knowing different religions, philosophies and ideas.

4) My sister and friends cover themself but it doesn't mean she doesnt hav her rights. She is independent, highly educated, working and living on her own. But, she knows where to draw the line.

5) I have been bought up having my education in madrasa and having Kuran lessons and till date i go to sermons but on the other hand i am also western-educated from UK.
Does this fit in ur criteria of Moderate- Muslims.
If yes, then i am very sure that Dubai is full of such people. Jus look at the right places mate. There would be sumone in ur bldg or ur office.

what u described to me is a muslim. there is no such thing as a moderate or a extreme muslim. either you are or you aint a muslim.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums