To Those Who Lives In The Middle East

Topic locked
To those who lives in the Middle East Feb 23, 2009
Since last week I’ve dealing with the bureaucracy at its best with a Middle Eastern institution (in Qatar). I’ve got sick and tired of their ever ending procedures and decided to stop corresponding with the institution. :o :shock: :x :cry:

I would be able to do the same procedures in no time where I live. :lol:

How could those Middle Eastern countries want to improve themselves when their bureaucracies act as hindrances to their development? :roll:

Am I overreacting or is it the norm where you live?

Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 24, 2009
Qatar is an amateur business state and it should take it's time to be something like the country you are in, I have no idea of what kind of bureaucracy you have been through nor what kind of application you were seeking to finish, but long procedural formalities and paper work requirement takes long times in some arab states and that makes anyone frustrated. on the other hand, there will be always something behind the scene that perpetuated these kinds of formalities.

Qatar will eventually have to change and work on this legacy so boosting its economy on a wider international scale.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 24, 2009
the only think i have come across is corrupt ppl. mostly indians :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
Its endemic paranoia!

The locals hate to be ripped off and as soon as they start employing people it leaves them open to being taken for a ride...so they employ someone to monitor the employees and put systems of checks in place to make sure their money is protected. The problem is...they don't trust the supervisor either so they put another person in with another layer of checks to make sure that person cannot rip them off...and so on and so on.

15 people doing a job that could be done by 1 and a system that needs 15 different levels of incompetence just for you to buy a rubber stamp!

Now the credit crunch is biting, you can be sure some of these layers of superfluous employees will start disappearing.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 25, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Its endemic paranoia!

The locals hate to be ripped off and as soon as they start employing people it leaves them open to being taken for a ride...so they employ someone to monitor the employees and put systems of checks in place to make sure their money is protected. The problem is...they don't trust the supervisor either so they put another person in with another layer of checks to make sure that person cannot rip them off...and so on and so on.

15 people doing a job that could be done by 1 and a system that needs 15 different levels of incompetence just for you to buy a rubber stamp!

Now the credit crunch is biting, you can be sure some of these layers of superfluous employees will start disappearing.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

So bribing is not an option... :roll: :? 8) :wink:

:lol:
RobbyG

Feb 25, 2009
brbng is the first, in some cases, the only option in this part of the world..

xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2009
muyesser wrote:brbng is the first, in some cases the only option in this part of the world..

xl

ahhh finally...reliefff :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG

Feb 25, 2009
they dont need bribing. they usually open their own company so they can supply their employers.

example material purchasing guy is indian. he has the power to buy what he wants and where he wants to buy from. its not his money its ADNOCs money. what he does is sets up his own company. its just a false p.o box number by means of just getting quotations and sending purchase orders to.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
rudeboy wrote:they dont need bribing. they usually open their own company so they can supply their employers.

example material purchasing guy is indian. he has the power to buy what he wants and where he wants to buy from. its not his money its ADNOCs money. what he does is sets up his own company. its just a false p.o box number by means of just getting quotations and sending purchase orders to.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

some indians must have bitten you hard boy. in almost all posts you mentioned them.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:they dont need bribing. they usually open their own company so they can supply their employers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

some indians must have bitten you hard boy. in almost all posts you mentioned them.

problem is they are blooody EVERYWHERE and dodgy and if you want to go around them you will find another indian shaking his head like a jelly. and if you target the top guy you will find he never comes to work :D and the way they EFFING hell ADD NA and ONLY at the end of a sentence cheeses the hell out of me.

you know NA

i was walking home, only.

you get your own na.

:S

BLOOODY cockroaches sucking the blood. worst thing is their employees dont know what they get up to.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2009
how old are you rudeboy ?!
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:how old are you rudeboy ?!

whats my age got to do with this :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2009
gafoorgk are you an Indian?

Humbleman, what is the per capita income in New Zealand compared to UAE and Qatar/Kuwait?
BDMuslim2009
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 27, 2009
BDMuslim2009 wrote:gafoorgk are you an Indian?

Humbleman, what is the per capita income in New Zealand compared to UAE and Qatar/Kuwait?

If we are talking about white collar then I’d say probably less, but if we're talking about blue collar then I'd say far more higher, they get paid insanely higher than white collar especially in construction. Personally, I’m okay with that even I’m a white collar worker, blue collar workers are the one who do the tough work and thus they deserve higher pays.

However you get paid according to your experience and then qualification. In here they tend to value experience over qualification, in other words, you get paid for what you bring to the company.

I’m moving to Australia as companies over there offer higher salary and better opportunity. New Zealand is an awesome place for someone who has just retired and wants to live a quiet life – streets are almost empty after 7pm in the capital, that’s how quiet and monotone live is in here, mostly. :x

The indigenous people’s culture is fascinating and widely respected and adored by New Zealanders throughout the country, it also sought after by so many people around the world who come here in large number every year. Not to mention, NZ is the greenest, cleanest and the sceneries are breath taking. So if you want to enjoy a great family holiday, a honeymoon or a retirement, then I highly recommend NZ.
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2009

so u r back again !

if i say i'm an indian, i'll immediately become a non-hygienic stinking cockroach for those 'simple minds who have been traveling with me sitting close to me'.

if i say i'm an arab, i'll become a muslim terrorist, jihadist and human killers for them.

if i say i'm from west, i'll become non-hygienic and your usual words, which i find hard to even pronounce. :)

these are usual words i hear from different races about different races. i immediately stop talking to those kind of people as their world always is very small and so is their thought boundary. their view just don't represent any races.

if u were banned for your racial comments, i dunno why is it happened as others like you, who is showing racism towards other races and insulting other races, just flock around here.

if u got a book of Marquis Who's Who, u'll find my name, family bg, nationality and everything u r looking for. i just don't c a reason why i should answer to your real question here. this post is just my view.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2009
am not being racist, i just hate the fact that indians in UAE are the most corrupt ppl. i am not talking about the normal indians you see on the road shaking their heads as they walk. am talking about the top guys working in the top companies.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:

so u r back again !

if i say i'm an indian, i'll immediately become a non-hygienic stinking cockroach for those 'simple minds who have been traveling with me sitting close to me'.

if i say i'm an arab, i'll become a muslim terrorist, jihadist and human killers for them.

if i say i'm from west, i'll become non-hygienic and your usual words, which i find hard to even pronounce. :)

these are usual words i hear from different races about different races. i immediately stop talking to those kind of people as their world always is very small and so is their thought boundary. their view just don't represent any races.

if u were banned for your racial comments, i dunno why is it happened as others like you, who is showing racism towards other races and insulting other races, just flock around here.

if u got a book of Marquis Who's Who, u'll find my name, family bg, nationality and everything u r looking for. i just don't c a reason why i should answer to your real question here. this post is just my view.

oh! yeah........ forgot to mention one more thing.

for those simple minds:
google about travian game. go there, register multiple villages, name them whatever you hate, create one for yourself, create economy, army and attack those villages for which u gave names (indians, arabs, asians, westerners.........). it'll really help you satisfy yourself.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2009
...applause! Good job G
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk