Advice On Saving Money

Topic locked
Advice on saving money Jan 30, 2009
Does anyone have any advise on saving money? I have started shopping at discount stores as well. I have yet to use coupons, due to the fact I always forget them. :(

Skyper
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2009
Chart out your budget at the start of every month. Seriously, every second person in Dubai seems to be spending wayyyyy beyond his/her means and then starts crying out for help after the damage has been done.

Get another (read: better paying) job or cut back on all those unnecessary expenses. When buying an expensive home item, think to yourself: do you want it or need it?
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2009
Dont spend hours in malls....go only when needed...keep a list at hand of items needed and stick to it when you go shop...otherwise u wud see something and think u need it and buy it! keep a jar on the side and put all change in it and dont touch it! decide on the amount...like all coins could be put there or all change below AED 5 could go there...believe me over time u wud end up saving a lot! if u can keep 2 bank accounts and every month stash some money in the 2nd account and forget about it Will be very handy when desperate!

Hope all this helps!
tanzy80
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Advice on saving money Feb 02, 2009
Skyper wrote:Does anyone have any advise on saving money? I have started shopping at discount stores as well. I have yet to use coupons, due to the fact I always forget them. :(

hehehehehe
who care abt saving lolol
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
It's always good to have money stashed away, especially for those unforseen circumstances.

Savings plans, pensions, investments - all good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 03, 2009
onlinev wrote:Hi,
This is max from canada. I am a newbie of this site and i think this site has a lot to provide to the visitors.
onlinev

max you posted this in 17 forums. I think the mods will have your cojones for spamming if you did it again.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
Agree with Chocoholic, this year you really need to have at least 3-6 months' worth of basic living expenses in the bank (or otherwise the cost of a flight home), because a lot of jobs are going to disappear this year, one could be yours (or mine, wah!!!) This is one country you don't want to be caught flat broke in. Jail is only a bounced cheque away. :blob8:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
Hey I moved up from wannabe to visitor, yip! Typing on these forums is damn slow though, masses of text is getting missed out as I type. Etisalat spying proxy? lol (joke, I'm not that paranoid).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
Skyper, cheap clothes shopping in Bur Dubai is a good idea, the shops in the Cosmo Lane (Meena Bazaar) etc. I go to get made to measure stuff in a tailors there which OK is not the cheapest way, but then nip down the street to buy three pairs of damn trendy sandals for 60 dirhams!

A bit more expensive but not much are the Splash clothes stores, which do have nice own brand gear and other stuff.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum