I Need An Advice On How To Get Back My Money!

Topic locked
I need an advice on how to get back my money! Jun 29, 2009
Hello everyone. I'm in very difficull situation now. I gave 33000 aed to some1 i knew, since he really needed money and i helped him (stupid of me). It was 7 mounts ago. We signed a letter on both arabic and english with all passport details staiting that he took this money from me and have to pay back full amount before due date which was 4 mounts ago.
The letter was now signed in the court so its value i think is not that good. Now i need money urgently and asked him to pay me atleast 5k he said sure but then switched his phone off. He is not planing to leave and i know where he leaves. So what should i do to get money back? Should i go to police or a court? I prefer police, but are they going to accept the case? I think that if they will ask him to come to police station and then ask him if he borrowed money (i think he will not lie there). If he says yes, then its all good, but if he will say no, it will take a lot of time. may need to go to court. I'm not sure if that is how its done. So please tell me what to do here.
P.S. He have money, just like to enjoy him self more with new car then paying me back.

dyx
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 30, 2009
Only the police know what they will do, and the system can be inconsistent depending on so many variables. But if the choice is between no money and a chance of some money by going to the police, then I'd go to the police, but get proper legal advice from a lawyer first.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 04, 2009
i thnk the good part that u went 2 the court and have an evidence so y u dont go to the court and tel them that he isnt paying me and he switched off his mob...

u can also go 2 police since u have an evidence and they know how to manage and how 2 bring him even f his mob is off.

So dont wait 4 him tel he calls u,, just go ahead and make an action.
Even f they brouht him and he swore that he really wanted 2 give u back the money just ignore it and dont beleive it and request the money now..

Dont give chances and never lend someone this huge amount again

Plz tel me wat will happen
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum