Driving Licences Can Be Obtained From All Emirates

Topic locked
Driving licences can be obtained from all emirates Feb 28, 2008
" Driving licences can be obtained from all emirates as of next month"
UAE residents will soon be able to obtain driving licences from any emirate once the new Federal Traffic Law takes effect on March 1, Gulf News has learnt.

"The new law will make it possible for a licence holder to renew or apply for a licence in any emirate regardless of the emirate that issued his residence visa. It means a person with Abu Dhabi visa can renew his/her licence in Dubai without any hassles and vice versa," said a police official who did not want to be identified.

According to the present rules, a person can only apply for a driver's licence in the emirate from where his/her visa has been issued.

"It is a reality that many people who have visas from one emirate work in another emirate. Currently some professionals like bank personnel are allowed to apply anywhere. It is being discussed if this should be opened to all regardless of their profession," the official said.

DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 28, 2008
i have already done my 40 classes in shj and failed in 4 tests now :(

SO according to the new law ...........can i join any institute and continue without doing all 40 classes !!!

by the by Which emirate still has 1 week gab b/w each test since Dubai is 1 month and shj is 2 months !!! thanks !!
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 28, 2008
DUKE wrote:i have already done my 40 classes in shj and failed in 4 tests now :(

you should stay off the road then...
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 28, 2008
you should stay off the road then...

WTF is ur problem !!! if u don't have anything useful to say then don't !!

“Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.”
------------------------------------------Bob Marley
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 28, 2008
You should decide to stay off the road then! :lol:

I'm joking, I have nothing constructive to say either.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2008
Un mistakebly clone...... 8) 8) ..... :sleepy3:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
40 lessons :S is it manual or automatic? y has it taken you 40 lessons? which country you from?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
any updates on this new rule?
i would like to take my driving test in abu dhabi, as ive been waiting forever for my dubai road test date after finishing all the required classes.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008
cheap_Deal wrote:any updates on this new rule?
i would like to take my driving test in abu dhabi, as ive been waiting forever for my dubai road test date after finishing all the required classes.

i called Edi they said the new law will come into effect from next week ..thatz next 9th sunday ~ i think :)

by the by if u get any info plz do share :) thanks
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 04, 2008
rudeboy wrote:40 lessons :S is it manual or automatic? y has it taken you 40 lessons? which country you from?

What do u mean which country I'm from....what i meant was i have done 40 classes(manual) on the road up till now !!! :( and attempted 4 tests in sharjah !!............i really would like to go do automatic and get a License ASAP from dubai........ by the way " if u need to apply for automatic in shj u gotta be 21+ & have a work permit :(
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 10, 2008
I got a mail from EDI regarding the transfer to dubai(EDI) from sharjah

Dear Sir

Thank you for mailing EDI, in regards to your mail we would like to inform that till date we have not received any such memo from RTA, but if it implements you can enroll with EDI
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 22, 2008
any new info regarding this topic ;) ????
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto