UK's Politically Correct Madness!!!

Topic locked
UK's politically correct madness!!! Dec 06, 2005
What the heck is going on in the UK, I can't believe the things I'm in the UK press, that the PC morons are banning Christmas!!!!

Apparently in many places you can't call things Christmas anything, it all has to be seasonal decorations. Cards depicting the nativity have been taken off the shelves and santas grottos in many shopping malls have been scrapped, and the reason? The PC morons, don't want to offend anyone! For goodness sake it's a Christian country!

I find it hilarious that people can celebrate Christmas and all these things here in the UAE in a Muslim country and no one has a problem with it. The UAE is great in the fact that everyone here has the freedom to celebrate all the festivals, Ramadan, Christmas, Diwali etc.

I laugh myself sill the otherday when talking to a young national woman who'd recently come back from the UK, she said when she arrived at Heathrow she thought she'd flown to the wrong country and said she thought she was in Bombay! Yeah that's why everyone's leaving!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 06, 2005
Its interesting how religious freedom is taking a turn from let everyone practice their own beleifs as long as they dont interfer in others into a sick lets remove all signs of religion everywhere.

this is comparable to the french banning hijab.. its absurd ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: UK's politically correct madness!!! Dec 06, 2005
I laugh myself sill the otherday when talking to a young national woman who'd recently come back from the UK, she said when she arrived at Heathrow she thought she'd flown to the wrong country and said she thought she was in Bombay! Yeah that's why everyone's leaving!

Once UK messed up wid us and now we are taking the revenge :P .... .Look London is full of Indian ,Pakiz ,black people,polish etc etc , where are da locals :P.

Its better for u native to go back to asian countries :oops: .....Once i met wid a british ,after talkingto me ....... he inquired ,where do i come from ,i replied .....pakistan.....he said .......oh North of England :P .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 07, 2005
I actually agree with you! The nationas that once conquered the world are now being taken over by those they colonised, the British, French etc. BUt it's OK they can have the stinky little island.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 08, 2005
When you have the government placing cameras to watch your every move, incriminating any decent and honest people who expose a government for what it really is (Galloway, AlJazeera boming)...you can't be surprized with anything else that they do.
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2005
"When you have the government placing cameras to watch your every move, incriminating any decent and honest people who expose a government for what it really is (Galloway, AlJazeera boming)...you can't be surprized with anything else that they do."

Lone wolf, you are talking absolute crap. All aspects of government policy in the Uk come under intense public scrutiny and are debated, discussed and dissected in a full and open manner, including the policy in Iraq and elsewhere. If you want to look at somewhere without a free press and where there are few forums for scrutinising and criticising government policy then look at the UAE... and that's supposed to be one of more enlightened places in the region.

Your paranoid and delusional view of the world just doesn't stand up.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums