Where To Find Good Man Here In Dubai?

Topic locked
Apr 16, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:
bushra21 wrote:ive just learned to accept the fact that i most likely will never find the right man...because a majourity of men are jerks.

Although it's true, I can't help but weightlessly object.

In all seriousness, the problem today is that it's regarded as "trendy" to be "jerks" as a guy.

yes well, either i have extremely bad luck or i just keep meeting the super jerks...

either way, i really have no expectations anymore

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
bushra21 wrote:
Purple Complex wrote:
bushra21 wrote:ive just learned to accept the fact that i most likely will never find the right man...because a majourity of men are jerks.

In all seriousness, the problem today is that it's regarded as "trendy" to be "jerks" as a guy.

yes well, either i have extremely bad luck or i just keep meeting the super jerks...

Inshallah Im sure you will find the right person one day :wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 16, 2007
bushra21 wrote:
Purple Complex wrote:

isnt it too eary for u to give-up?

but yes, men are superficial... there's nothing really to expect :D
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:

Well they can keep their fashionable habits then :D as i am not interested in games, mind games, acting like a jerk to be trendy. It's all about treating each other with utmost RESPECT, love and equality.

Without that... I'd rather stay single. Fish are much cuter to hang around with :oops:
island_sands
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007
It's sad to hear, but in my honest opinion I don't think I'll find the right woman either (Although I know it's harder to find the right guy).

As the standard of men drop, so do that of the expectations of many women and thus their standard along with so as to suit the men equally.

Thus I am damned to sail this ship in destitution, till it is I find the perfect shore I know to be, however the time and distance between that place and myself is the only source to dampen the fire within slowing the gears of hope perpetually propelling in perplex yet perfection.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
island_sands wrote:
Well they can keep their fashionable habits then :D as i am not interested in games, mind games, acting like a jerk to be trendy. It's all about treating each other with utmost RESPECT, love and equality.

Without that... I'd rather stay single. Fish are much cuter to hang around with :oops:

Well it is true there are special people, perhaps like yourself that only wish to be happy with your special person, but the problem is with the masses of today. Not in the minority who actually know how to treat a lady and understand her feelings and help her in plight.

In case there's any confusion. I'd just like to make the matter clear that I am indeed a straight man.

Sorry if that's abrupt I've been receiving some weird private-mails by a few of the male members of the forum.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:It's sad to hear, but in my honest opinion I don't think I'll find the right woman either (Although I know it's harder to find the right guy).

As the standard of men drop, so do that of the expectations of many women and thus their standard along with so as to suit the men equally.

Thus I am damned to sail this ship in destitution, till it is I find the perfect shore I know to be, however the time and distance between that place and myself is the only source to dampen the fire within slowing the gears of hope perpetually propelling in perplex yet perfection.

why the purple complex? (just curious)

that's interesting, as women are dropping their standards and you hear so many of them complaining about their useless partners and yet dont get rid of them.

Perfect shore is out there somewhere, you just need to relax while you sail.. the horizon will come :)
island_sands
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007
problem with us all is that we all got bloody standards. guys want girls with nice figures with nice clevage :P long legs and probably blonde :D

whereas the girls they looking for a prince whose tall handsome well built and has enough money to take his princesses to shopping.

so if we all lower our stands am sure we will find someone suitable for each other. instead of going for the looks y dont u go for the characteristics inside that person.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
rudeboy wrote:problem with us all is that we all got bloody standards. guys want girls with nice figures with nice clevage :P long legs and probably blonde :D

whereas the girls they looking for a prince whose tall handsome well built and has enough money to take his princesses to shopping.

so if we all lower our stands am sure we will find someone suitable for each other. instead of going for the looks y dont u go for the characteristics inside that person.

No... we're not talking about physical appearance.

Well... At least that's not what I was talking about. Sure to say it is a matter that one's partner is good looking, but that's merely the surface of the matter.

Purple Complex lol... Well it's more of a metaphor as I'm always writing poetry of forms.

The meaning is a little deep, but if you care to hear it I will explain.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
rudeboy wrote:problem with us all is that we all got bloody standards. guys want girls with nice figures with nice clevage :P long legs and probably blonde :D

yes because him being a rude disrespectful person and me not liking him is superficial...

hoenstly rudeboy -- do you even read what we write or do you just respond with whatever pops into your head?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
island_sands wrote:
Purple Complex wrote:

all of the guys i know say this as well...yet they are, in actuality, the complete opposite.

its disheartening to say the least.

and panaghoy -- i guess it depends from which culture you look at...in mine, well, the one i was raised in...im a bit behind in the marriage department :(
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
I think its not about lowering one's standard.. as u mature, u will realize what's important and what u want in life… when that time comes, the right person will not be difficult to find :wink:
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
panaghoy wrote:I think its not about lowering one's standard.. as u mature, u will realize what's important and what u want in life… when that time comes, the right person will not be difficult to find :wink:

I personally believe we should set that standard at a young age. Maturity is in the mind, not always age. I know what I'm looking for and I'll continue sailing until the time I find her.

all of the guys i know say this as well...yet they are, in actuality, the complete opposite.

Well... in actuality a lot of guys actually believe what they do say, the matter at hand is what they define respect and equality to be. It will never be exactly what we may believe it to be as it's impossible to find perfection in people, so a certain amount of tolerance and a lot of support is required to nurture that relationship into a healthy one.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 17, 2007
then good for u PC, but some people doesn’t know what they want and they tend to fall for the wrong reasons - - which i don’t mind, if they learned from their mistakes as this is part of the maturity process.

and remember it’s a 2-way street… does the other person thinks that ur right for him/her? Just a thought, no need to answer as this is really getting heavy now.
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 17, 2007
maybe a different angle to it, the worlds changing at a fast rate, people way of looking at life has changed simultaneously, along with the expectations and way they perceive things.

Can this be the reason that the benchmark has changed? or the tolerance levels have changed?not only for girls, but for guys as well.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2007
Personally... I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 17, 2007
Jeevan wrote:maybe a different angle to it, the worlds changing at a fast rate, people way of looking at life has changed simultaneously, along with the expectations and way they perceive things.

Can this be the reason that the benchmark has changed? or the tolerance levels have changed?not only for girls, but for guys as well.

Very good point and I do think it holds some truth, but the change is self imposed by humanity.

Watch any film, movie or television programmed and see what is affecting people's judgment and criteria. A lot of what we like/love has been glamorised on our screens to us enticing us on what to accept as trendy. That being said, TV alone is not to blame. There's music too...

But the answer to this problem isn't to stop watching TV and/or stop listening to music and such. I think I'm just a particularly fussy guy lol. The world has moved on without me.

panaghoy wrote:then good for u PC, but some people doesn’t know what they want and they tend to fall for the wrong reasons - - which i don’t mind, if they learned from their mistakes as this is part of the maturity process.

and remember it’s a 2-way street… does the other person thinks that ur right for him/her? Just a thought, no need to answer as this is really getting heavy now.

Yes I see your point, the feelings of the other person in general is what we should really worry about, but it isn't the only thing... I assure you I'm speaking from experience here, but yes... it's needless to continue.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
panaghoy wrote:I think its not about lowering one's standard.. as u mature, u will realize what's important and what u want in life… when that time comes, the right person will not be difficult to find :wink:

so what age are you saying ill be mature at? just because i act like an attention-needing, airhead,lazy, do-nothing-for-myself person on here doesn't mean that im like this in reality. so i think that as long as i know what i want from life -- not in it, i know what is important; therefor, i am mature...

but that is only my opinion...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
bushra21 wrote:

so what age are you saying ill be mature at? just because i act like an attention-needing, airhead,lazy, do-nothing-for-myself person on here doesn't mean that im like this in reality. so i think that as long as i know what i want from life -- not in it, i know what is important; therefor, i am mature...

hi bushra, maturity comes in many forms
have u seen the movie ABOUT A BOY? -- its one of my fave flick, u might wanna see that if u have the time
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 18, 2007
bushra21 wrote:

I thought you were married?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 10, 2007
Thats not true!!!!! there are more men out there who DONT fancy lady's with long skinny legs and blonde?????!!!!! there are ALOT of men out there who prefer by FAR exotic types with long black/brown hair, short and with curves in all the right places over those tall skinny blondes!!!!! so everybody has his or her own taste and you can not make a statement like this, maybe these are your standards but your standards do not apply for everybody!!!!!

So maybe you are lowering your standards but not everybody is doing that!!!!!! its just a matter of taste, and i dont think its good to choose a partner only from the inside i think attraction from the start is very importent because if after the attraction the inside is great then the attraction will only get more and better........

I would never choose a partner that in my eyes was not my type (or not up to my standards) but a great personality, i also would not choose a partner who is in my eyes absolute my type but a bad personality......

I and lots of people should choose a partner because of inside AND outside, and not so called 'lower' our standards thats the biggest bull s**t i ever heard about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this kind of thinking will only create a horrible relationship!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yea maybe people will not find a partner in that case so what????
Think about it......this one is specially for the girls: would you rather be single and happy then be in a relationship with someone you adore from the inside and out but then he tells you: 'i love you so much from the inside but i really needed to lower my standards of beauty to be with you' HAHAHAHA LOL C'mon lady's would you accept this kind of crap???????

Also other way around: a guy ONLY falls in love because of the looks but he needs to 'lower' his standards of how a lady should be like in his eyes from the inside pffffffff i walked away from this !!!!!!!!! goodluck finding your bloody perfect personality female mate!!!!!!

For me if i am in love, this person is perfect because i fell in love with all of this person not only with 60% of the person!!!!! and i expect the same 100% or more back otherwise its not true love!!!!

Think about it :wink:

Esma
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Where to find good man here in Dubai? Jun 10, 2007
chariza wrote:Im almost 5 months here in Dubai but still i dont have friends here (foreign friends), i only knew few...and most of them are my countryman. is it hard to find the right man here in Dubai?...kindda ...what do you think? Are they snob or what?

I have no idea, really. There are times when I don't really get to notice or even care if I'm not locking hands or lips with someone special. I keep busy with work, friends and family but I've to admit, there are absolute occasions and instances that I kinda miss feeling special and giddy with happiness because I'm in love with someone.

There was a time when I didn't care if I was single. At least I can do whatever I want. I can go out and not care if I don't text them or tell 'em where I'm at. I can flirt with whomever I want to without feeling guilty because I'm going steady with someone. I get to spend quality time with my friends and family.

But there are moments that I get to reflect and realize that it has indeed been a long time since I've had someone special. Flings are not counted. I sometimes ask myself this question.. look at myself in the mirror and assess if I'm getting ugly or if I have developed some hateful trait that will make ladies head for the mountains everytime they see me.

At the back of my head I know there's nothing wrong with me. I guess it was sort of a disadvantage that some think I'm a snob especially during first meetings. I can't change that so I'll leave it at that.
I can take care of myself and I'm really not comfortable playing 'damsel-in-distress' waiting for my princess to come.

And one other fact is that I'm not settling for someone who's 'okay' and who happens to be available and likeable because I know I deserve the best...and my 'best' has yet to come.

Maybe she's just busy!or might be you finally landed at me at this DF.Haha!\

:lol: :lol:
princessFinder
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 10, 2007
^^ :roll: what r u? a Girl, Guy, Gay?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 10, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:^^ :roll: what r u? a Girl, Guy, Gay?

I`m also confused....
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 10, 2007
:o :o :o
princessFinder
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 10, 2007
:D :D :D
princessFinder
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 10, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:^^ :roll: what r u? a Girl, Guy, Gay?

I`m also confused....

sorry guys for repeating post. i am 100% man . its just happened that i typed typographically.so dont be confused
princessFinder
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 10, 2007
^^^ hahahaha that was funny.. :D typing typographically... :lol: i mean hoping that its meant to be funny...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 10, 2007
double post
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Where to find good man here in Dubai? Jun 17, 2007
chariza wrote:Im almost 5 months here in Dubai but still i dont have friends here (foreign friends), i only knew few...and most of them are my countryman. is it hard to find the right man here in Dubai?...kindda ...what do you think? Are they snob or what?

You are hoping to find the right man in 5 months? Some people never find the "right" person all their lives. And what is wrong with "your countrymen"??

A wise old woman once said, "Good men are like parking lots. The good ones are always taken and the bad ones, well.... go figure...."

If it happens, it happens. Normally when you least expected it.
But dont listen to me, what do I know .. :oops: :roll: :P
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance