Ladies What Do You Look For In A Man?

Topic locked
Jun 12, 2009
Right, but can love make money!
lol

seriously when it comes to money, love , relationships women tend to think or to feel shallowly, so do not give a woman the CHOiCE... you are the man and you guide her to the end.

bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 15, 2009
Off-course You have to Guide her, She know's nothing.... LOL!!........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 16, 2009
From what I observe and I work within an industry with 95% women the first thing is sheer attraction. If a guy is very aesthetically attractive then you should see them falling over themselves to get his attention. For mere mortals who don't look like a GQ model then I guess whatever the guy lacks in the looks department there has to be an equal measure of either (or) a combination of humour, charisma, success, common interests and personality.

A friend recently updated her Facebook status which read: IS SEEKING 6,0 and above handsome guy, with chizelled good looks, athletic build ,grt personality sucessful career ,blue eyes, ONLY with hair no baldies please.... great white teeth no FALSEYS .... great sense of humor and is willing to wine and dine me ..... {it's a shame u can't buy one.}..... !!!!.

Now if I'm being honest I would have to throw that back at her and ask 'what do you have to offer in return' knowing the answer ain't all that is the reason she hasn't attracted such a man and this is the paradox right here which explains why there are so many single people.

As we know Dubai is an odd transient place. I arrived in Dubai with two averagely attractive women and the attention they received from men is on a different scale to what they are used to from their home country. The B*tch shield is common place in the clubs C0ck blocking the many desperate men who either stare strangely from a distance or do some odd Bollywood Peacocking dance hoping to woo the herd!

A woman who is attractive has had years of experiences where men treat them differently because of their attractive looks. High maintenance irrational personalities can develop because they can behave in a way not so attractive women can't get away with. In a similar way you notice that men and women who are hilariously funny often aren't blessed with amazing looks and this is no coincidence. Unfortunately, first and foremost, it often comes down to the fickleness of looks. A stunning friend of mine once said she 'wished she could meet a nice guy' and the truth is she was in a training college full of them. Clearly a blind eye was adopted as in her eyes they weren't attractive to go with it.

In a fickle place like this you better be in a good position in the right environment to show off your qualities. Clearly, not all woman are the same and neither are men but all too often the more beautiful of the species realise 'their worth' and attracting attention in this town is a dime a dozen but whether it's reciprocated is a different matter.
Ruggedblond
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 16, 2009
RuggedBlond Fab Post,
It's like a food chain. Survival of the fittest. Only here the fittest are the best looking.
People tend to be rather vain...It's their folly!

It's your last line that really caught my attention. Ultimately it's all about self worth. Unfortunately most men only realize their real self worth late , late in life.

How far are looks gonna take you? These days every second person is attractive. It has to be looks + something else maybe charisma, humor watevr. Ultimately it all boils down to compatibility.
Off course if lust is all one seeks than looks should suffice.

Good looking people tend to act a little high maintenance. I think it's nice...I like the confidence.
I think every man atleast once in his lifetime must feel absolutely powerless in front of his woman. And men tend to fell quite powerless in front of beautiful women.
Personally I am always overwhelmed when with older, intelligent women.

I've got loads of women friend and say what they may, looks are an important part of their prerequisites in addition to loads of other traits and qualities. And they are forever searching,...
The smart ones realize that you take what you get!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2009
"External beauty is what we see, and internal beauty is what we feel by experience, both have power to attract. External appearance drives immediate attention, on the other hand internal beauty attracts when we experience"

Any way, in the conclusion, your principles and aims are the most factor when you deal about that, if you are a man and looking for just fun then go for it, and u will find the woman whose looking for fun as well, same if you are a woman and into fun only then go for the shallow stuff.

once you are a man and looking for real serious relationship with a woman to be your wife, your childrens mom then your insight will go in a different way, and will find that woman whose ready for the serious family relationship. same applied for women.

If you say who cares about serious stuff in uae as all just expats, then you are wrong. there are people looking for serious relationships as well as there are people just into shallow and fun stuff.

There are many choices out around, and you the mind to decide whats fit you and whats good or not.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 16, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:RuggedBlond Fab Post,
I think every man at least once in his lifetime must feel absolutely powerless in front of his woman. And men tend to fell quite powerless in front of beautiful women.

funny but might be true somehow.
let's face it. if you didn't pay any attention they will call you g\ay, if you pay attention they will call you cheap.

any way, check out here http://utahmarriage.org/htm/dating/men-women-alike/

and
Why Do Lonely Men and Women Want to Break Each Other's Hearts?
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 16, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
It's your last line that really caught my attention. Ultimately it's all about self worth. Unfortunately most men only realize their real self worth late , late in life.

Good looking people tend to act a little high maintenance. I think it's nice...I like the confidence.
I think every man atleast once in his lifetime must feel absolutely powerless in front of his woman. And men tend to fell quite powerless in front of beautiful women.
Personally I am always overwhelmed when with older, intelligent women.

You're completely right about self worth and men realising it later in life (perhaps as they have grown older they have worked out the many myths of life) and what they once perceived to be important they've either given up as folly of youth or realised they haven't achieved it yet and are therefore unlikely to do so and they kinda give up the ego a little which is a humbling experience.

What I really meant by 'their worth' was in relation to women. Very attractive women who attract a lot of male attention (through men randomly hitting on them) and are smart to go with it must realise it's because of their good looks and realise 'their worth'. Women who are very attractive but aren't so smart and have issues with how they perceive themselves (e.g body dismorphia) have low self confidence and don't realise how attractive they are. They just think all men are the same and don't realise men don't behave this way with averagely attractive women.

I thought your point about men feeling powerless in front of beautiful women is an excellent point and there are some beautiful women who give this 'yes I am now F*** Off' vibe. Unless the guy is very attractive an opening friendly 'hello' just isn't going to cut it and you better have something to get her interest and keep it before she looks away and catches the gaze of another desperado in the bar looking over.
Ruggedblond
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 16, 2009
just love
judith09
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 16, 2009
judith09 wrote:just love

:wink: Wow....I can give all the love one can ask for :wink:
.....but if you actually mean & believe what you say.....Hats off.. :P
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 16, 2009
judith09 wrote:just love

what is "love" for you?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
no honey without money
no attraction without attention
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 25, 2009
Kissy wrote:no honey without money

Agreed with the attraction/ attention. No Honey without Money ... How low principles have stooped.
Ruggedblond
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 25, 2009
Ruggedblond wrote:

Agreed with the attraction/ attention. No Honey without Money ... How low principles have stooped.

well how could i live with a man who has no money or low budget!!! :P
if you assume it as low principles then everyone has his/her point of view and principles due to their lifestyle. you may consider it as low principles but others nop ! :)
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 25, 2009
Kissy wrote:
Ruggedblond wrote:

if you assume it as low principles then everyone has his/her point of view and principles due to their lifestyle. you may consider it as low principles but others nop ! :)

True......What's love without diamonds and Louis Vuitton :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2009
Kissy wrote:
Ruggedblond wrote:

you just decode my phrase as your point of view
:wink:
when looking for a man it is important to plan it as a long term relationship, so what his budget is that can save me and my kids, what his culture and how he trusts respects me :)

no woman want a poor man to starve her :shock: or you do ? :?

money doesnt mean as RICH no , but at least he related to the same financial standard as me becuase i used to live with a level of financial standard
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 25, 2009
Kissy wrote:
Kissy wrote:
Ruggedblond wrote:

you just decode my phrase as your point of view
:wink:
when looking for a man it is important to plan it as a long term relationship, so what his budget is that can save me and my kids, what his culture and how he trusts respects me :)

no woman want a poor man to starve her :shock: or you do ? :?

money doesnt mean as RICH no , but at least he related to the same financial standard as me becuase i used to live with a level of financial standard

Hey just kiddin :D
I totally get what you say.
I think the point that Rugged Blond made was that women will always fall for the wealthier man. We're not talking about starvation here. For eg take two men one a Millionaire and the other a Filght Steward. The millionaire will always have the affection of more women thanks to his bank balance.
But you've made ur stand clear. You ain't looking for the wealthiest man just someone who can keep you happy. That's how it should be Nice and Balanced! :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2009

Now that's come out real!...... alot said the same!.. no honey with out money!... Ohhh!... God we guy's really need to earn money if you need honey in home!............ LOL......
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 03, 2009
you can earn that money while a wife in your life, when you get sons thats a big boost to go on...
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 06, 2009
Def money!!!
Chris7ian
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 06, 2009
aside from all things.

1. FEELINGS.

Feel my sadness, happiness, worries, silent, and really show this.

2. Support my ambitions.
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 06, 2009
When I am in love, it’s making me tickles in my belly when I see of think about this person. After that, I don’t expect anything from a man except that he loves me to …

What about you guys ?
DivineMaisDangereuse
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 06, 2009
silent wrote:aside from all things.

1. FEELINGS.

Feel my sadness, happiness, worries, silent, and really show this.

2. Support my ambitions.

Best post I yet read in this thread.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2009
DivineMaisDangereuse wrote:When I am in love, it’s making me tickles in my belly when I see of think about this person. After that, I don’t expect anything from a man except that he loves me to …

What about you guys ?

After sometime the tickles in ur belly will be caused by HUNGER.

Love is not enough, emotions cant feed you. Hunger or any kind of deprivation digs up troubles.

You need the twin; love and money.

Metaphor
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance