Man... Love?!

Topic locked
Man... love?! May 22, 2007
Let's talk about this.
Before I arrived here I've already been hearing stories about it. And they say one becomes more vulnerable to such if the person is 'smooth' (none or very rare body hairs).
I did not take this issue seriously until I've read news of men being harrassed and even raped. And then there's this few occassion of cars stopping in front of me.. the guy inside the car would usually make obscene gestures or wave at me as if trying to get me inside his car. wtf. I wouldn't want to make a scene in a foreign country so I just shrug it off, i.e., run away when this happens.
This is fukin crazy! And no, I do not look like a girl.
So why is sexual harassment/assault of men by men so rampant here?

yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

May 22, 2007
Yuginn, i feel sorry for you. It happened to one of my colleagues (he's a white guy). He's so pissed and almost punch the guy.

This is really a horror story left untold.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 22, 2007
And people wonder why I grew a beard!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 22, 2007
There is a distinct trend in the nationalities of the criminals versus the victims. You'll know which ones when you dig up old news stories, which get buried after just a one-time coverage.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 22, 2007
gtmash wrote:There is a distinct trend in the nationalities of the criminals versus the victims. You'll know which ones when you dig up old news stories, which get buried after just a one-time coverage.

the idiot has spoken.
firefingers

May 22, 2007
Ian , u got the bear and now u shuld go at mosque too , especially for friday prayer :lol: Take the sage & Onion too.

The reason why i were unable to find a girl in Pakistan because most of time i had to protect my own :oops: If u go at market and look into the eyes of a "Mosutache Man", he is gonna follow u all the way ;(.

i think i mentioned earlier , when i ws in dubai , i failed to attract a single arab girl , mostly it was arab guys who were looking at me all the time :oops:

a guy from Oman told me , if i ever go to Oman , i ll get raped :o
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
It happens alot sad to say and FireFingers stop burying your head in the sand if you think it doesn't happen.

As one person of certain nationality told me, wives afre for babies, other women AND men are for fun - nuff said.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 22, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:It happens alot sad to say and FireFingers stop burying your head in the sand if you think it doesn't happen.

As one person of certain nationality told me, wives afre for babies, other women AND men are for fun - nuff said.

oh no I know it happens... alot, we know that, but there is no need for butthead (gtmash) to start pointing fingers.
beside he is to ugly to be a victim of such thing LOOOOL
firefingers

May 22, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:It happens alot sad to say and FireFingers stop burying your head in the sand if you think it doesn't happen.

oh no I know it happens... alot, we know that, but there is no need for butthead (gtmash) to start pointing fingers.
beside he is to ugly to be a victim of such thing LOOOOL
firefingers

May 22, 2007
I don;t think you can point fingers when it's a fact. Some other nationalities do it too.

It's a shame, but what to do.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 22, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I don;t think you can point fingers when it's a fact. Some other nationalities do it too.

It's a shame, but what to do.

There was a guy on these forums who used to type like a ghetto rapper. He had given some insight into what drives all this. Where is he nowadays?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 22, 2007
Sorry it happened to you yujinn. When someone looks at me a dirty way; it makes me disrespected and violated. This is terrible; I don't know how these perverts think? I guess the old excuse:" it is the victim's fault!"
It is like when an idiot here on the forum told me that maybe my wardrobe is what made a guy try to hit on me. So, according to this logic, children who get abused; is it their fault too? Gee, I don't know why god created those sick people.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2007
:D lol hehehhe next time it happens just get in the car. tell them to drive you around. tell them to sort u out with a pizza and then tell them to wait under your home and tell them you will be back with loads of other "hairless" guys. and then you run and never look back. hey atleast u got a free ride and a pizza which you cannt get in a dubai taxi :D

lol y u complaining i mean i thought girls LOVED guys with no hair. and now u attracting men it doesnt matter does it cos u geting girls and guy. all hairy guys get is zilch :(

but i m proud to be hairy muhahaahhahah :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 22, 2007
Dude, I've had more than my fair share of getting hit on by gay guys. The good thing is that almost always they bugger off after they learn that I'm straight. There was one time in college when the situation demanded that I take drastic measures, and the poor guy paid for it. I don't have anything against gay people, and I do believe most of them know how far they can go with someone who is straight.

Saying that people from certain nationalities are more likely to do this is pretty retarded in my opinion. I've lived for a long time in the US, have travelled quite a lot in other parts of the world, and the fact is that there are gay people in all cultures... the only difference is that some cultures are more tolerant of this behaviour than others.

I think that the best thing about getting attention from gay men is that all of a sudden lots of eligible ladies start getting more interested in the "victim". At least that was the case in America... I have yet to meet any gay people in Dubai.
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

May 23, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Sorry it happened to you yujinn. When someone looks at me a dirty way; it makes me disrespected and violated. This is terrible; I don't know how these perverts think? I guess the old excuse:" it is the victim's fault!"
It is like when an idiot here on the forum told me that maybe my wardrobe is what made a guy try to hit on me. So, according to this logic, children who get abused; is it their fault too? Gee, I don't know why god created those sick people.

EyeCandy

can u display some more summer picture on ur blog :lol: Take it when temperature is 45 in Dubai :lol: Dont expect that we wouldnt be having dirty eyes....

would u like to make friendship wid "Ian"? He has angel eyes and he usuallly consider sister to all girls . Remember nurses r also known as sisters :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 23, 2007
HP wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Sorry it happened to you yujinn. When someone looks at me a dirty way; it makes me disrespected and violated. This is terrible; I don't know how these perverts think? I guess the old excuse:" it is the victim's fault!"

EyeCandy

can u display some more summer picture on ur blog :lol: Take it when temperature is 45 in Dubai :lol: Dont expect that we wouldnt be having dirty eyes....

would u like to make friendship wid "Ian"? He has angel eyes and he usuallly consider sister to all girls . Remember nurses r also known as sisters :lol:

I have always wondered about the mentality of those who abuse and rape women and children, after less than a week in the forum and reading such posts, now I know.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2007
cactus_rock wrote:Dude, I've had more than my fair share of getting hit on by gay guys. The good thing is that almost always they bugger off after they learn that I'm straight. There was one time in college when the situation demanded that I take drastic measures, and the poor guy paid for it. I don't have anything against gay people, and I do believe most of them know how far they can go with someone who is straight.

Saying that people from certain nationalities are more likely to do this is pretty retarded in my opinion. I've lived for a long time in the US, have travelled quite a lot in other parts of the world, and the fact is that there are gay people in all cultures... the only difference is that some cultures are more tolerant of this behaviour than others.

I think that the best thing about getting attention from gay men is that all of a sudden lots of eligible ladies start getting more interested in the "victim". At least that was the case in America... I have yet to meet any gay people in Dubai.

I've been sporting a semi-beard for some time now and haven't so far been subjected to such harassment. Hopefully not anymore.
I really don't think these people are gay... I think they're just confused or misguided or something. It's as if hairlessness is their basis for a nice fun and not whether you're a male or a female. :?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

May 23, 2007
<---- See that? try that look, forget guys even girls wont venture near u :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 23, 2007
hahahhhhahaha u mean the negative look? :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

May 23, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:I have always wondered about the mentality of those who abuse and rape women and children, after less than a week in the forum and reading such posts, now I know.

after looking at ur pictures at web blog , i realize how poor the Labenon is !! They can not even provide u the full dress to cover the upper part of body :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 23, 2007
I don't think you can brand all these people perverts or whatever.

In cultures or religions where certain activities are seen as taboo, of course people will be more curious about it. It's human nature, that if you're denied something, you go after it. You know the whole no fun before marriage thing and certain nationalities are away from their families,wives for years on end, of course they're going to get frustrated and go looking for it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 23, 2007
Just wear some army boots... and nothing else.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

May 23, 2007
next time get off your wig dude.he thinks you are his DREAMGIRL.
princessFinder
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 23, 2007
Smile back back lol.....and then show him ur equipment...hopefully if ur fully loaded like me...he'll just run away....it is only fair to give back the favour u have received from others. Usually i give back more then i take....coz im NICE.....lol
guest999

Re: Man... love?! May 27, 2007
yujinn wrote:Let's talk about this.
Before I arrived here I've already been hearing stories about it. And they say one becomes more vulnerable to such if the person is 'smooth' (none or very rare body hairs).
I did not take this issue seriously until I've read news of men being harrassed and even raped. And then there's this few occassion of cars stopping in front of me.. the guy inside the car would usually make obscene gestures or wave at me as if trying to get me inside his car. wtf. I wouldn't want to make a scene in a foreign country so I just shrug it off, i.e., run away when this happens.

I am writting a book dealing with Social issues which arise due to ARRANGED / FORCED Marriages.. and this is part of forced marragies..
If someone would like to talk to me in detail.. that would definitely help me out a lot.
I would love to hear from people (both men and women) who have been sexually harassed / assaulted by Muslim men...
the biggest issue i am running into is that this is a "CLOSED SUBJECT" and no real data is available on it anywhere.

we can talk and / or chat..

Regards
netgeek2k2

Re: Man... love?! May 31, 2007
netgeek2k2 wrote:
yujinn wrote:Let's talk about this.

I am writting a book dealing with Social issues which arise due to ARRANGED / FORCED Marriages.. and this is part of forced marragies..
If someone would like to talk to me in detail.. that would definitely help me out a lot.
I would love to hear from people (both men and women) who have been sexually harassed / assaulted by Muslim men...
the biggest issue i am running into is that this is a "CLOSED SUBJECT" and no real data is available on it anywhere.

we can talk and / or chat..

Regards

whats the difference between being harrased by a muslim or a non muslim? :roll: one has gone through penis beautification as a child, the other has not? lol...

if this is how you approach the subject, better just drop it cos u start with the wrong foot at the very beginning.
and anyway, this has always been and always will be to some extent a closed subject.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 05, 2007
The (local) traditional wisdom says that you have to resist the beardless boy more than the young maiden.
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance