They're HMMMMMMMMMM....GGGGREAT!!!!!!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 23, 2005
how did a threat on the persian gulf end up about Bobbie's "lips" :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:They're HMMMMMMMMMM....GGGGREAT!!!!!!!!

hahhhaa, alright Tony. back in your box :wink:
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 23, 2005
MaaaD, only the lord (and pumpkin) will ever know :roll:
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 26, 2005
Liban wrote:One day people will wake up to the fact that its the Arabian Gulf and not Persian gulf.

For one thing all the contries in the gulf peninsula are arabic and not persian.

For a second thing, Persia no longer exists. It hasn't existed since the 1930s. It is Iran, so people better get with the times and also learn about the modern geopolitical landscape of the near east.

Other than that, its a good site although some of the Dubai pictures seem to have been stolen from copyrighted sites... :P

Dear Liban,

You are absolutely correct, there is no such thing as the "Persian Gulf". I believed that this dispute has been taken to the United Nations who ruled that the appropriate name is the "Arabian Gulf".

Some people in this forum think that all it takes to justify the name "Persian Gulf' is to open an Atlas. Well, I have some an old Atlas that still refers to Zimbabwe as "Rhodesia" and "Upper Volta", etc...

The vast majority of the countries on the Gulf are Arab. It is true that our Iranian brothers strongly believe that this area should be called "Persian Gulf" due to past cultural exchanges (and other matters). But does this notion give the Arab world the right to call Iran an Arab country for delivering to them the word of God (Islam) ??? Absolutely Not !
samy_solo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 26, 2005
Sometimes people , and even goverments, can be so immature .. who gives a flying f*&"ck what u call it .. let the persians call it persian gulf, and the arabs call it arabian gulf ..

and the rest of the world can call it the oil gulf ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 29, 2005
samy_solo wrote:
Liban wrote:One day people will wake up to the fact that its the Arabian Gulf and not Persian gulf.

For one thing all the contries in the gulf peninsula are arabic and not persian.

For a second thing, Persia no longer exists. It hasn't existed since the 1930s. It is Iran, so people better get with the times and also learn about the modern geopolitical landscape of the near east.

Other than that, its a good site although some of the Dubai pictures seem to have been stolen from copyrighted sites... :P

Dear Liban,

You are absolutely correct, there is no such thing as the "Persian Gulf". I believed that this dispute has been taken to the United Nations who ruled that the appropriate name is the "Arabian Gulf".

S..........t !

since when did liban become dear to u? :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 29, 2005
MaaaD wrote:Sometimes people , and even goverments, can be so immature .. who gives a flying f*&"ck what u call it .. let the persians call it persian gulf, and the arabs call it arabian gulf ..

and the rest of the world can call it the oil gulf ..

let's bomb it and let there be no gulf.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 01, 2005
[quote="sniper420"][quote="samy_solo"][quote="Liban"]One day people will wake up to the fact that its the Arabian Gulf and not Persian gulf.

Other than that, its a good site although some of the Dubai pictures seem to have been stolen from copyrighted sites... :P[/quote]

Dear Liban,

S..........t ![/quote]
since when did liban become dear to u? :lol:[/quote]

Lol, well Sniper its just politeness !
samy_solo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

The Gulf Oct 07, 2005
Certainly, there are other bodies of water with different names.

Take, for example, the body of water between Korea and Japan. The Japanese call it the Sea of Japan ("Nihonkai") while the Koreans call it the East Sea ("Donghae").

Even the British and the French, who are both in the EU, can't agree on a common name for the English Channel/La Manche....
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
Liban wrote:
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Isn't sooo much easier to blame your problems on others? :wink:

Not in this case because they really are to blame...

If Israel was never allowed to exist then the Middle East and greater Arab world would look really different today... Things would be much better...

yeah right, Arabs would fight among themselves like Iraq with Kuwait and Arabs in Iraq dot have any right to throw the Kurdish ppl out cos Kurds were there long b4 the Arabs came and so Isreal has the right to exist so are Assyrians, Armenians and Kurds.

1) Kurds have got no historical rights in Iraq .. Iraq was a homeland for Semites .. that includes Babylonians, Akkad, Assyrian, and Kildan.

I dont know if you would understand this info. but Arabs originated from BABYLON! Since their great grand father before moving toward Yemen, he was born in Babel and he had children there, and from those children Abrahim the prophet was. Arabs came out from Abrahim and Yuktan who both are originaly from Babylon (and Ur) .. and that dates back to thousands of years back (before approx 5000 Years ago).

Even in the era when the Assyrians ruled, the people who exitsed there were just like one family .. although the term was not used but the people existed! Otherwise how would you describe the situation of Abrahim who existed in the era of the Babylonian king Nemrod!
As well as the King SanatroQ who was the first king to name himself .."The king of Arabs" .. he was in Iraq.

There are not even one single Kurdish ruins in North Iraq .. all you can find are Semite (Assyrians) ruins .. and the Assyrians have the right to own the land .. and not the Kurds who massacred our Assyrian brothers.

2) The original people of Palestine are Canaanites (Semites and are also a branch of ancient tribes that meet with Arabs in the same family tree, and they are considered as full Arabs since they already chosed the Arabic langauge). Those people are now in Palestine and Lebanon and they are the real owners of the land of Palestine (it was called land of Caanan in the past) .. and the Jews have got NO historical rights at all. In fact through out the history of Palestine that extends to more than 7000 years, the jews only ruled it for 70 years ONLY! Where as it was ALWAYS Semite/Canaanite/Arab!

3) Armenians are from Armenia! They found a warm safe and peacfull atmosphere between the Arabs after running away from Turks who massacred them. They have got NO rights in the Arab World .. they just lived here with us long time ago and we respect them as our brothers.

Do your calculations right next time please.
symmetric
BANNED

Oct 07, 2005
With all due respect to my Arab friends...

But it is the The Persian Gulf

Was, is, and will always be.

The first person to change the name was the ex-Iraqi president Aref. A nationalistic Arabist who later on many other Arabs tracked him like Michile Aflaq (the Christian Arab fellow from Lebanon who established the Baath party), and then so did Saddam Hussien.
But the whole world call it Persian Gulf. And its way too offensive to the Persians if anybody would call it any other name than its original name.

I am local from Dubai .. Myy ancesstors existed before MANY other Arabs who came over later. But im from Persian origins .. and I love Arabs as much as I love my Persian origin. But a fact remains a fact. It has been the Persian Gulf since like forever.

Arabs have got the "Arabian Peninsula", "Gulf of Oma", .. and the "Arabian Sea" .. what else do they want !?

Let us be fair...
How would Arabs feel like if all the world decided to call Jerusalem as a Jewish city..??
Its TOO offensive to Arabs and against the historical facts.
The case is just the same for me/us as Persians, we wont accept for our rights to be stolen.

These are my two cents...

Salam
Peace
symmetric
BANNED

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums